BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > The main three things that will make this game break the ~50K users limit

The main three things that will make this game break the ~50K users limit (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
214199.4 in reply to 214199.3
Date: 4/9/2012 4:00:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In lithuania we have one great manager whos going back to LBBL for the 3rd time with different team in his 11 seazons or so.... in next seazon hopefully (this year promoted to div II) So basicly its not so hard to climb up to highest division with some luck of course, but personally i think most of the managers are just farming money in league II.

And salary cap would be very helpfull, i agree with it. Since now i have ridiculous situation i am going -28k a week trying to win league IV having 14 game winning streak, which is ridiculous. The more ridiculous is, that we have teams in my league who have even highers salaries and going to get even stronger before playoffs..... My teams virtual salary now is 210k, even if i pay 167k atm since my trainees improving, and there is a team with 250k virtual salary and another with 220k so thats pretty impossible to get out of this league. I think 9 out of 16 teams there have negative income:D
Give his team's name and we can check how he doing that (tanking, BB-agent or other).
In any case, when one BB-manager is much better than others, he has chance going up the ladder, but a BB-manager with the same skills just can't do that.
The assets that are being pilled up each season prevent that from happening.

As you wrote, when a user gets to that wall, and you know that the opponent is not better than you, but has much more assets due to his time on the game, and facing it season after a season. When that is what users face, it causes them (some of the time) to quit the game.

This Post:
214199.5 in reply to 214199.4
Date: 4/9/2012 4:08:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A part of the solution of problem number three would be a progressive tax on deposits, teams should not be able to put more than a few million in their bank account.

This Post:
214199.6 in reply to 214199.5
Date: 4/9/2012 4:23:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A part of the solution of problem number three would be a progressive tax on deposits, teams should not be able to put more than a few million in their bank account.
This is one of the solutions indeed. [and, as you wrote, it is only a part of the solution]

One thing about that -
The cap should be upon league's value.
On division V few milions is something they will never have, and on (some of) DIV-I it may be just a small amount of a team's budget.

This Post:
214199.7 in reply to 214199.6
Date: 4/9/2012 4:52:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Edit by GM-Perpete:
Let others have their own opinions. Thanks.

Last edited by GM-Perpete at 4/9/2012 5:04:33 PM

This Post:
214199.9 in reply to 214199.8
Date: 4/9/2012 5:10:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had been part of a draft for 4 seasons.
I got three Perenial Allstar, and one MVP playerI invested 10K per week each season, and selling the first one (and probably the one that I'll gain less from all) basically covered that up.

I guess that the NBA teams are fools to invest on scouts, and users here who do that are just as much, and it is a total supprise that they do that and making money out of it.

Not investing a dime means that you will always get more than what you had invested, and once in a while you have chance to hit the jackpot.

The old users cannot say that they are not gaining more assets per season, as the tycoons cannot say that they are not gaining assets when they buying another company and paying salaries to those employees.

This Post:
214199.11 in reply to 214199.10
Date: 4/9/2012 5:24:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seems you have been in some pretty inactive leagues then. I have not much to show for my drafts. i have gotten 3 p.allstars i think and nothing above that. The best on is still in my team and will probably be for as long as i play this game.
I seldom have gotten money back from the draft though. It gets brutally harder to grab a good player the higher up you get. I guess you'll notice that your self soon enough.
I got those four players on two drafts, on one of them I've finished first (DIV-IV).
The other two on last season where I've chossen 15 out of 16 teams... do the math.

This Post:
214199.14 in reply to 214199.12
Date: 4/9/2012 5:47:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah and i still stand firm that you'll notice ones you go higher that those players are a rarity for most teams. The lower ranked teams in a higher league may get a good player out of the draft. Getting one with a late pick is pretty much impossible.
Season 18 had eleven players with P.-allstar or other.
Those who invest on draft, and those who uses it smartly will improve their chances to get the good ones.
If some of the teams below me will think that it is a waste of time to invest on scouting it will assist me. So continue and try to persuade that draft is a waste of money.
I will keep making money out of it.

Advertisement