BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
281266.4 in reply to 281266.3
Date: 8/31/2016 9:25:33 AM
Tide of Fire
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I am one of the managers you will probably be interested in as I'm planning on training some new u21 and NT hopefuls. What kind of support do you plan on providing? Additionally, will there be any free body massage or restaurant vouchers for trainers?

This Post:
281266.5 in reply to 281266.4
Date: 8/31/2016 9:52:41 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I doubt you're in serious need of help but I'm sure you're wondering about others. Any u21 coach needs to contact every person who has a u21/NT potential player on their roster. I'll provide whatever support is necessary, though as I think I've made clear many times, players belong to their clubs and club owners are free to do whatever they like with them. I won't pester anyone but where support is wanted, it will be given.

I'm a defensive minded coach and I do have certain opinions on what skills should be trained. In most cases all players should be well rounded, I don't want to see one dimensional players, they're not very useful. Bigs need OD, guards need ID. All players need to be able to handle the ball. Passing is important. Obviously SB is the most important skill for a big man.

I have a history of training rounded players. Fallon, my NT player being a perfect example. 128tsp for less than 70k salary. High tsp is much more important than gaudy salaries. This would be better for the u21s/NT and better for the clubs.

No free body massages. No restaurant vouchers. If that's the kind of thing you want for training an England player you're in the wrong place. I doubt Sam Allardyce is buying Mourinho dinner. Though of course Mourinho doesn't train players.

This Post:
281266.6 in reply to 281266.5
Date: 8/31/2016 10:50:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is a question for the managers, and i think it should be one the community should consider

Which of the following U21 systems would you prefer:
a) having a set group of scout, doing the work each season again, where you basically fine tune the training the the desires of the current U21 coach (sort of plug & play for the U21 coach)
b) let each new U21 coach bring in his own people, as to maximalize what you can get out of the trainees, only to see the entire scouting team dissapear once the coach is gone.

Also, if given the opportunity, which one would you implement?

ps: good luck to the candidates!

Last edited by AthrunZala at 8/31/2016 10:51:38 AM

This Post:
281266.7 in reply to 281266.6
Date: 8/31/2016 11:37:33 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Personally given the choices, for us the best answer is to let each new u21 coach have his own people. He has to work closely with them, and I wouldn't want to see whoever it is being forced to work with people they can't work well with.

Having said that I think anyone is going to prefer people who've done the work before so in many cases under both scenarios you'll still see the same people being used. I also feel that in ideal circumtances the u21 coach should be someone who has worked with the u21s before, as we've done before, with Vecx following Morwood.

This Post:
281266.8 in reply to 281266.4
Date: 9/1/2016 6:53:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry for taking timeto reply. Away fromhome with a poor android laptop with moderate battery and dodgy keypad...

Anyway my answer would be similar to Gully's. Basically contct as many managrs with relevant players and give as much advice as needed, trying to focus on those most likely to make it...

Also, as in my speech, to provide a training document, like Morwood did in the past, although hopefully to exapand and improve on, but probably referencing Morwoods. When contacting managers a link to that would be noted...

[OK updated to hopefully make more reaadable as space bar and other keys dont work well]

Last edited by OlympianT20 at 9/2/2016 9:56:22 AM

This Post:
281266.9 in reply to 281266.6
Date: 9/1/2016 7:38:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again sorry forthe late reply. Away from home with a dodgy laptop with bad keypad...

Basically I'm not totally sure. However I think the managers/coaches shoud do the legwork themselves to know whats out there and to make sure they communicate with relevant prospects. In a cricketgame I play online that is very easy for me at U19 INT level now. Though in BB if its more time consuing there maybe more need for delegation..

To me the most important issue is possibly for managers to get 4 (possibly longer) seasons to fully see through their training advice for 18/19yo prospects. With a 2 season term you are at the mercy of the previous U21 training plan advice. You are always at the mercy and the quality of drafted playersand their managers training to some extent. I suppose the 2 season term has good and bad sides and you can always get mangers re-elected if they show promise. I know from the cricket game it's easy for a lesser nation to go through 10+seasons without getting great talent, no matter how good you are at searching/ giving trainng advice, to some extent there's little you can do to influence the talent. BB setup means U21 training is more important though as their is no seperate regular youth league games, just an internationl structure...

[OK updated tomake it readable]

Last edited by OlympianT20 at 9/2/2016 10:05:23 AM

This Post:
281266.10 in reply to 281266.3
Date: 9/1/2016 7:42:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also like your speechm8 ;)

Nice to see an elction without fighting, bickering, etc..

This Post:
281266.13 in reply to 281266.12
Date: 9/2/2016 10:16:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No need ro reinvent the wheel Morwood. Just having that good documnet visible to England's managers is a big help in itself ;)

With a bit of time/effort I thinkit can be updated/improved significantly though...

Last edited by OlympianT20 at 9/2/2016 10:22:22 AM

Advertisement