This Post:
324691.5 in reply to 324691.1
Date: 8/31/2024 6:44:42 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
1) defense. Many seasons ago, when I stareted to build SB players and pure defense guys, I called it "60 wins". In Utopia I am building two defense bigs. A lot of SB, ID, PA and OD. The first three skills are finished, OD is currently trained. It takes a lot of time for such tall players, but they are useful already and I can live with it.

2) defense. Stop the opponent, exhaust his players and win the game with +1 ;)

3) it depends. On defense I would sacrifice RB. Defend and block as much as possible and get the ball. Your opponent can get 5 ORs, but if he cannot score... it's your win.
On offense I would sacrifice one of the guards. Especially if you run ISO Outside, you don't need three scorers. You have one main and a second punch. The rest is for defense and passing.

4) as high as possible. My data shows, that your shooting fouls go down, that you can take away up to 90% of the scoring on defended shots. So a higher defense means more defended shots, less scoring and less points in the end.

5) These two are important. Currently SB and PA are the highest skills of my two defense bigs.

@Sentinel: I think my two bigs are exactely what you aim for

This Post:
324691.7 in reply to 324691.6
Date: 9/1/2024 3:06:08 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Indeed, this defense is the most toxic currently. I struggel the most against it.
Last season in Div 1 I had an idea for a hybrid solution. Running a high defense Team, with two heavy hitters and outplaying the box. But after the demotion I had to sell some players and now I will try to set this team up in Utopia.

The idea is to have a PG and SG, which are extremly high on offense. At least with decent defense. The SF has to be balanced in all skills, with a slight advantage in OD, ID and SB.
The PF needs ID, SB and a lot of offense. He is your back up solution. The C is your typical defense C with ID, SB, PA and maybe OD.
I am testing the light version of it in Utopia. Next season I will aim for Div 2. I have no clue, if this will work in the end, but I will test it ;)

From the skills you have as a target, only OD is missing and I plan for the next 3 seasons to run them as PGs. It is painful, but after OD they will be finished. At the same time the third trainee has a lot of OD and I can switch his training afterwards and get the next big trainees.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 9/1/2024 3:07:11 AM