bot + bot + bot+ ....

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
33542.4 in reply to 33542.3
Date: 5/28/2008 4:34:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(31967.1)

This can be a solution for the leagues who get low player for while, becuae they sign up in a phase a lot of teams do(exchange programmm of ht etc.)

This Post:
33542.5 in reply to 33542.3
Date: 5/28/2008 5:50:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to make a proposal to solve the problem:

1. Each team going to have a team of reserves to fill up the seats in the lower leagues.
2. They could not climb because of division were excluded from the play off.
3. The worst team of reserves was replaced by each new team set up at every stage.
4. The reserve team which had been forced to surrender the sports society could choose to sell their players to new owners.
5. The players were sold for an average price fixed for each division and was known by all
6. the new bot were filled by teams that have not yet had reservations

This Post:
33542.6 in reply to 33542.5
Date: 5/28/2008 6:49:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
all things happen today, if you say 1000$ is the price for all leagues for point 5 ;)

This Post:
33542.7 in reply to 33542.6
Date: 5/28/2008 7:03:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He could not understand very well your questions! What I propose is that teams with teams of reserves can be offset by staying at any time without the reserve team.
See, if I buy 30 players to divide into two teams and I, when I lose the B team, I have to be able to stay with the best players and sell the other by an average fixed price.
we have a budget controlled in the B teams

This Post:
33542.8 in reply to 33542.7
Date: 5/28/2008 9:09:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
first of all such big team don't make any saense, and ig you could sell players for a fixed price i could buy cheap players and sell for 100k because i play in league one? I think normal market values makes more sense, but what did such big team have to do with the bot problematik?

And to controle your budget is mainly your work as managers + making the lineups and tactics.

This Post:
33542.9 in reply to 33542.8
Date: 5/29/2008 4:30:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the 30 players would be for the core team and the team of reserves (which play in another division - division below).
The idea is to fill the posts of bot with teams of the current reserves.

The reason for a fixed sell price is that the process of loss of the team of reserves has to be fast.

This Post:
33542.10 in reply to 33542.1
Date: 5/29/2008 8:46:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is what appears to have happened in Portugal. In about a months time, the number of teams doubled, roughly filling up 4 divisions. Since then you had the bot cleanup which meant promotion of the more active/successful teams in the D.IV leagues, and teams being abandoned. Portugal is still up more than 50%, but aren't up 100%.

When a country gains 20 teams in a week, it may actually be that 60 teams are added, and 40 become bots; and it loses 10 it may mean 30 sign ups and 40 teams become bots. In Portugal the new teams are placed in the lowest numbered D.IV leagues, while the highest numbered leagues slowly lose teams.

The proposed solutions may not have worked in this case. Consolidating leagues might not have helped since many of the teams may have become bots after the start of this season. A league might have had 14 active teams at the start of the season, and 4 or 6 now.

If there had been reserve teams, last season they would have been taken over by new owners. And now you would have had to re-establish them.

One possibility would be to have a probation period before a team was actually placed in a league. Teams might have been matched up in regular games, perhaps using a Swiss pairs format. Once they won so many games (say 5) they could be placed in a regular league. There could be a requirement for some activity to generate new games, so if someone merely signed up they would never play any games, and if someone just set their lineup for a couple of games, they would go no further.

But it is absolutely necessary that people can sign up at any time and immediately begin playing. And it is possible that teams might not think that the a probation period was really playing. If you started at the beginning of the season would you really want to have a probation period and then be placed in a league after 6 or 8 games had been played. If you started at the end of the season, it might be more workable.

Other possibilities would be to put new teams in 6-team starter leagues that played a 10-game schedule over 5 weeks, with scrimmage dates. Or in 8-team starter leagues that played a 14-game schedule in 5 weeks with no scrimmages. Teams that survived could then be placed as a group into regular leagues. Perhaps the scrimmage dates could be used as makeup dates to get more league games in.

This Post:
33542.11 in reply to 33542.1
Date: 6/7/2008 9:34:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just think that we need some patience

people will by the time figure out that this is a best game:)

This Post:
33542.12 in reply to 33542.11
Date: 6/7/2008 9:48:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but after is reach an average amount of players this game would have the same problems again ;)

And don't forget there is jaust on team who could promote out of a nearly bot divisions, and i won't think that the competitionis funny with just 3 humans opponents.

This Post:
33542.13 in reply to 33542.12
Date: 6/7/2008 10:04:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
youre right - for example Czech Republic have now 4 levels of divisions and we have only 193 human teams

GMs should at least distribute new teams into a nearly full divisions, but I'm not looking for that maybe it is done already

This Post:
33542.14 in reply to 33542.13
Date: 6/7/2008 10:10:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
GMs should at least distribute new teams into a nearly full divisions, but I'm not looking for that maybe it is done already

Thats currently happens from the system, the problem is, that there are some phases where many teams sign and a lot give up fast. So there are many teams with few teams and high ID who ain't get filled before teams with lower ID was full.

And i think those leagues should be merge at the end of season, with a sort of bin pack allgorithm(that means all human oppononents of the past stay in same league, so you keep your old rivalities/friends)

Edit: a second possibility why you come on a nearly bot league, are when you demote in an high ID league and there are not enough bots thats you get instandly get back.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 6/7/2008 10:11:45 AM

Advertisement