BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Betting on a game. Very interesting.

Betting on a game. Very interesting.

Set priority
Show messages by

To: RiP
This Post:
34570.4 in reply to 34570.3
Date: 6/5/2008 8:41:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, but that's why I think it would have to be something controled. Not betting at will. Just a small thing per week, like 5k or 3k. 3k on a teams economy is nothing. And what happens now if you go bankrupt? So, the people betting should have some responsibility, like real life betting. What happens if you bet your son's college money? That's why I said small amount, enough to create the buzz but not enough to bring the economic BB system down.

Last edited by the L train at 6/5/2008 8:43:14 AM

This Post:
34570.6 in reply to 34570.5
Date: 6/5/2008 10:28:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh yeah Damena, your a true gold mine! ;)
But I remembered of a place where this is already been done, but relatively to e-sports. Check the http://www.clanbase.com. They give us a roll (a system apart from the point system with play money) and let us bet on cup games or on ladder games. I don't know if y'all are familiar with the ClanBase system. But it certainly creates the buzz. They call it CBooky.
I don't know, if you think that it would have a negative impact on BB economy but just want the buzz from it and have people interested in other games, create a kind of betting league. Every month or week you get a certain amount to bet (apart from the club economy, a kind of "coaches wallet"), and the person who end the season with the best bet's made gets one of those cute little cups to their profile.
I don't know what's the best way to get this done here, but I think it has tremendous potential and there are a lot of ways to go around the "negative impact" this could do and just create positive and healthy buzz around the games. Anyway, it's just a crazy idea I had. LOL

Last edited by the L train at 6/5/2008 10:31:32 AM

This Post:
34570.7 in reply to 34570.6
Date: 6/5/2008 4:38:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about make it a mini-game. Instead of real-money. You get chips to bid on teams of your choice. Then we'll have a ranking list of who got the most chips as it is with Flagchase.

It is funny to see which team got favored by real players.

Last edited by Legen...Riceball...Dary! at 6/5/2008 4:40:43 PM

This Post:
34570.9 in reply to 34570.1
Date: 6/7/2008 8:26:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there will be any kind of limitation to earn maximum 10k per week if your tips are best

or lose maximum 10k if you are not so good stochistic

..this could be great feature for fun.. B3 competition is good for the motivation - noone want to lose, so noone will lose for a corruption - in these small bets it would be just insane

good idea Abdullah

This Post:
34570.10 in reply to 34570.9
Date: 6/7/2008 8:44:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree if would be just for NT competitions and B3... But this would need lots of programing work I think...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
34570.11 in reply to 34570.9
Date: 6/7/2008 8:48:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there will be any kind of limitation to earn maximum 10k per week if your tips are best

or lose maximum 10k if you are not so good stochistic

But the problem is, the maschine isn't good as stoichastik too, so there will be games where you could get easy money. And some winning bets in a row good make an influence.

One solution for that, that the pot of money(all bets at this games) was splitted on the Winning teams with maybe a loss of 5-10% provision for the betting provider.

This Post:
34570.12 in reply to 34570.11
Date: 6/7/2008 9:01:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well there are differences between betting and betting - the system for win something could be .. how to say . . CRAZY

:D

There are lot of systems which could be developed to make betting exciting and risky and could be automatic - just couple of people for thinking how the betting system could be setted up to have never 100 percent guarantee to get something (or maximum)

..while I'm looking for the wages which are many teams paying for oneeye monsters, and if you are lucky - few thousands per week in advance will not make a difference anyway

This Post:
34570.13 in reply to 34570.12
Date: 6/7/2008 9:45:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
..while I'm looking for the wages which are many teams paying for oneeye monsters, and if you are lucky - few thousands per week in advance will not make a difference anyway

And sometimes you wowonder how less one skill monster earn, i say a handling 17 driving 16 guy on the market before some days and he just earn 9.800$ - so there a huge differents betwenn some skills for the salray ;)

But i don't think thats the topic, and maybe you come to this because of my "solution propose", so i explain that with an example:

Match to Bet on betwenn A Ballers vs B Baskets

3 Player bet 10.000 on B Baskets
1 Player 5.000 on A ballers
1 Player 10 on A balelrs
Potsize : 45.000

If B Baskets win, the 3 guys who bet on then gets 15.000

If A Ballers win, one guy bekomes 30.000k back and the other 15k

Because betting ain't so easy and there are much factors which you should look for(in this game even tacticals like TIE/CTR or A-/B-/C- Team etc.) thats why it is nearly impossible to make this automatic. But with the system above, the quotas was made by the betters himself so you can't trick the system.

This Post:
34570.14 in reply to 34570.13
Date: 6/7/2008 9:58:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
good point

I try to think out any automatic system to make it more clear for you

Imagine the system which will automaticly analyse power of your team by ratings which you had on a past some weeks

..and this system will offer you (examples):

ticket where you can win or lose 2k - 1 "easy" game to bet, 2 "risky" games to bet (risky, because these two teams will have similar ratings (and can be included even best tactics and theirs power against actual oponent)

ticket where you can win or lose 5k - 3 "easy" game to bet, 4 "risky" games to bet

ticket where you can win or lose 10k - 5 "easy" game to bet, 5 "risky" games to bet

...and more of tickets from 1-10k

with a maximum to get or lose 10k by week so 1 rich ticket or more smaller

..this is only example, there could be more automatic systems, I thinked out this one now while I flushed the toilette, but there are possibilities, that's the point

Last edited by Iordanou at 6/7/2008 10:01:13 AM

Advertisement