BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > 2 or 3 games in AllStarWeek's Game...

2 or 3 games in AllStarWeek's Game...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
34684.4 in reply to 34684.3
Date: 6/7/2008 2:34:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
that thuesday-game for teams in the cup is especially added so more teams can join in and compete for the cup.
If BB cuts it a lot of teams will not be able to play in the cup, and I don't think that is an option.

Moving the gameday to another day results in the same thing. If that thuesday a game is played, more teams can compete in the cup...
Also I don't like the idea of putting the finals of the cup into the play-offs. If a team is in the play-offs and needs to play the cup finals this is almost imposible to line up their players unless they have 3 very similar players for each position, all A-players and no B-team...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
34684.5 in reply to 34684.4
Date: 6/7/2008 6:48:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I noticed that the draw for Spain and Italy was expanded to 8192 teams. I wonder when the final will be played. With 4096 teams, there are 12 rounds, and the regular season is 11 weeks, so you have the extra round during the ASG.

The problem with this is that you have more teams in the larger countries playing the extra game because you are still in the middle of the cup. In countries with 5 divisions, 64 teams play the single Tuesday cup game. And in smaller countries, you have a double round even though it is necessary. In countries with 3 divisions, it is actually the semifinals and final that are played around the ASG.

Every season there are teams that are surprised by the extra game. But if the extra game were at the end of the season, then there would be many fewer teams playing the extra game. I would place the extra games at the end of the regular season. For countries with 5 divisions, this could mean that cup final was played on the Sunday after the game 22 of the regular season.

For countries with 6 divisions, the final two weeks would have two cup games. The octofinals (10th cup round) would be played on the regular Thursday, its regular schedule. The quarterfinals would be played on Sunday, the semifinals on Thursday, and the finals on Sunday after the last regular season game.

This Post:
34684.6 in reply to 34684.5
Date: 6/7/2008 10:15:21 PM
Ermesinde HUSKIES
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:

No one stills refers to the issue of my first post.

The issue isn't the cup's calendar. The calendar is good and is not necessary to change it.

The issue is the fact that all the teams that are out of the cup, in their coutries, will not have a game that particulary tuesday (the day before ASG), and so they will have only 2 games in that week.

Why not permit to those teams set two friendlies in the ASG week?

This Post:
34684.7 in reply to 34684.6
Date: 6/7/2008 11:45:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is nothing wrong with a week with only 2 games so that the ASG is set off as something special.

It doesn't make sense to have two cup games in one week, with one played on a league night, and the other only 2 days later.

This Post:
34684.8 in reply to 34684.6
Date: 6/8/2008 2:57:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

No one stills refers to the issue of my first post.

The issue isn't the cup's calendar. The calendar is good and is not necessary to change it.

The issue is the fact that all the teams that are out of the cup, in their coutries, will not have a game that particulary tuesday (the day before ASG), and so they will have only 2 games in that week.

Why not permit to those teams set two friendlies in the ASG week?

Why not in the play Offs, sometimes in is an advantage to be succesfull ;)And i think because of the fith place teeams its more important to do something in the play Off then in the cup