BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Game Shape when substituting.

Game Shape when substituting.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
48990.4 in reply to 48990.3
Date: 9/7/2008 3:26:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
indeed.

I also hate it to see many of my player's minutes screwed because the coach decides to leave them out for the rest of the game. Last week I had 3 players with 46 minutes each!! Realy frustrating, BUT I also believe that if BB gives too much control, the training indeed would be easy.

Now I spend at least half an hour each wek to figure out how to best profit from training, depending on which guys played how many minutes where.
Believe me, I have a roster containing almost every trainingtype, for various positions along with names of players who must have 48 minutes in a specific position for me to train that type that week.
This way I can not make monsterplayers, but I keep a balanced team since I train many diffrent things. Should your players have static positions it shouldn't be to hard, but my SF mostly plays SG, and my C mostly SF, but often also PF, while me SF might as well play PG, and so on and on and on.
Depending on my games of the week, I play my players diffrently, and also in 1 week 1 player might play diffrent position, which then again affects which training I will set.
(I know I make a mess of my team, and I'm loving it).

If they would make it easy, anyone can train anything they like, which makes it less challenging.
:)

PS: I'm very sorry for teams looking at my games to predict what I am going to play, because honestly, I wouldn't be able to predict it myself. lol

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
48990.5 in reply to 48990.4
Date: 9/10/2008 6:12:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
indeed.

I also hate it to see many of my player's minutes screwed because the coach decides to leave them out for the rest of the game. Last week I had 3 players with 46 minutes each!! Realy frustrating, BUT I also believe that if BB gives too much control, the training indeed would be easy.

Now I spend at least half an hour each wek to figure out how to best profit from training, depending on which guys played how many minutes where.
Believe me, I have a roster containing almost every trainingtype, for various positions along with names of players who must have 48 minutes in a specific position for me to train that type that week.
This way I can not make monsterplayers, but I keep a balanced team since I train many diffrent things. Should your players have static positions it shouldn't be to hard, but my SF mostly plays SG, and my C mostly SF, but often also PF, while me SF might as well play PG, and so on and on and on.
Depending on my games of the week, I play my players diffrently, and also in 1 week 1 player might play diffrent position, which then again affects which training I will set.
(I know I make a mess of my team, and I'm loving it). :)

If they would make it easy, anyone can train anything they like, which makes it less challenging.
:)

PS: I'm very sorry for teams looking at my games to predict what I am going to play, because honestly, I wouldn't be able to predict it myself. lol

Do you honestly think this is the most effective way to train? I know from an early stage you really favoured a big squad (through sentimentality more than anything else). Do you not feel when you scour the transfer market that you would be better with 3 monster players and get them to the skill cap as quick as possible then train 6 others slightly slower whilst keeping the core of your starting 5 intact and more competitive?

Just playing devils advocate... cos if your training regime is that varied (or can be) you are surely paying a premium for having an all round younger roster.

I have 5 players (varied positions) that 90% of the time always get training and the rest are either step traded or alternated when my playing time doesnt play out as I expect....I think if i was to do the math it would make more sense for me to cull 2 and stick to as much intensive training as poss..... at what age do you expect to stop training your best players?

This Post:
48990.6 in reply to 48990.3
Date: 9/10/2008 9:29:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a 40 point lead in the 4Q in my cup game, and my backups weren't being used. I can reverse my starting PF and PG and they will end up with 42-6 splits.

So basically, the coach can't tell a difference between the players skillwise, and they don't get tired enough to substitute, but they will lose game shape the following week.

Or perhaps stamina should have a multigame effect, with recovery each day between games.

Or maybe they should replace scrimmages with league games, and make the cup games a 4th game per week. The average team only plays two cup games. With 3 league games per week, they could reduce the regular season by a week, and let the playoffs be 3 rounds of 3 game series. They could let the teams out of the playoffs play scrimmages on all dates.

This Post:
48990.7 in reply to 48990.5
Date: 9/10/2008 10:02:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
cos if your training regime is that varied (or can be) you are surely paying a premium for having an all round younger roster.

to be honest I am struggling. young players being so expensive, and 1 average and 2 very bad draft seasons cause me to have a squad that isn't young enough to train, but because my entire teams suffers from this I could as well train inside, as I could train outside.
I decided to wait 1 more draft to see if I can't pull somthnig decent to train, and then decide to turn fully inside or outside.
I know my trainingregime at this point isn't optimal. But I do not have to money for new young good trainees, once I find one that I realy like, I won't mind selling my older players to replace them, but somehow I can't find my ideal chaps for the price I'd want to pay...
But that is my problem, and has little to do with this thread.

So, back to the point. Even if you have an inside or outside trainingregime, you still can vary in your training, and not sacrifice. e.g. if you train inside (I take this since it has less trainingoptions, so it's worst case for my example), you can train rebound, ID, IS, and block. Look at your players and see which ones need which skills most, then depending on who played what minutes you can set your training.
If it is too easy to have every trainee have the minutes you like every week, so you can set a scedule of training in advance, it's less chalenging...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
48990.8 in reply to 48990.6
Date: 9/10/2008 10:41:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a 40 point lead in the 4Q in my cup game, and my backups weren't being used. I can reverse my starting PF and PG and they will end up with 42-6 splits.

backups are the guys on backup spot ;) The engine is dumb, but you could calculate with it(if you don't blow out the enemy throug an accident) ...

Did you mean your last game, there every starter gets 18 minutes in half one, and a fast blowout with this lead is normal, but you are right that it is curious to play just the backups in this situation and not those guys who become less minutes in the game.