Suggestions > Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Moratorium on ALL new changes for one year

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
182276.41 in reply to 182276.38
Date: 4/23/2011 6:34:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for very reasonable and considered answers. I feel much better about this debate now.

This Post:
182276.42 in reply to 182276.40
Date: 4/23/2011 6:50:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If forwards train OD when they are 7'2'' they will train OD about as quick as 5'10'' guards do ID. That will slow down the training of other skills. Therefore if more time was spent on OD the other skills would be lower. lower RB, IS or ID- take your pick.

so i posted this on u21 debate thread in my country, but i guess it fits here. i saw these players on transfer list, but i can't give links, you all know why.

french, last season played u21:

Jump Shot: strong Jump Range: inept
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: respectable Passing: mediocre
Inside Shot: tremendous Inside Def.: marvelous
Rebounding: marvelous Shot Blocking: prominent
Stamina: average Free Throw: strong

lithuanian, last season played u21:

Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: atrocious Handling: awful
Driving: average Passing: respectable
Inside Shot: stupendous Inside Def.: prodigious
Rebounding: stupendous Shot Blocking: mediocre
Stamina: pitiful Free Throw: pitiful

which one is better? France advanced to semi-finals, Lithuania did not. i think i'll pick lower rb, is and od. after all a team is playing, not a player. and theres too many factors, like gameshape, enthuasiam, skills of other players on your team etc, that comes into play. why do i need big salary's if i can be effective with lower main skills. btw i was 8th in league last season by the amount of player salary's. i've won the league.

Last edited by Rycka at 4/23/2011 6:52:13 AM

This Post:
182276.45 in reply to 182276.43
Date: 4/23/2011 7:09:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
first of all i won III after two seasons :) i'm in II now, and i'll try not to relegate even though i'm underdog. i thought i'm underdog when i promoted to III too, but finished 4th first season. believe me, i didn't thought that was possible with salary's like mine.

i always had bigs with reasonable SB (well ofc it wasn't high strong-prominent) and i did feel that this skill is working. never had a feeling like, oh my why didn't he do anything, he has SB! never.

ofc it's a matter how trainee is generated, sometimes it's just not worth it to train some skill from atrociuos. but what i wanted to say with this small sample. you can train good players. even for u21.

This Post:
182276.46 in reply to 182276.1
Date: 4/23/2011 9:29:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There was once an American football MMORPG called Goal Line Blitz. It had inherent flaws, but it was still reasonably fun - until managers started complaining about the game every time something went wrong for their team. This allowed them to blame their troubles on the game, instead of taking responsibility and working to succeed within the current game. Admins listened to too many of these complaints and changed the game rapidly, causing new problems every season, and the game is now a ghost town, where even the most dedicated managers only play because they bought too many "flex points" and don't want to waste their money.

I love BB because it's avoided going down this path. However, I've been troubled by some of what I've heard around the BB forums. The salary floor, for example, was implemented as a response to complaints about tanking teams - a noble cause, surely - but it ignored the plight of teams promoting into leagues they can't compete in anyways. The 2-3 zone is said by many managers to be "broken," even though there has been little to no use of the defense with forwards with OD and a center with SB. If 2-3 is changed because of the complaints of managers who are just upset they lost games when they tried playing it with a 4 OD PF, that might be it for me.

Changes should not be reactionary. I think the BBs generally do a great job of this, but seeing that this offseason contained quite a few changes, I think it would be wise to halt any non-cosmetic changes for a calendar year. The strategy of over-tinkering with the game engine, financial system, etc. will only result in another GLB, a dying hulk of something once great, but destroyed from within.

Great post. You may be be accused of being Czech sooner or later :-)

This Post:
182276.47 in reply to 182276.46
Date: 4/23/2011 1:17:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
:D

Advertisement