Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
219433.41 in reply to 219433.39
Date: 6/5/2012 4:57:31 PM
Alley Up
IV.29
Overall Posts Rated:
because you played since season 6 (I play since season 5), and you know that level of V divisions increases a lot...but tv contract (except for the modific of season 11) remain the same, but salaries to win are more and more than season 6...so, as we can save money to stay in IV or III, new teams can't make it actually...so they leave...

@hrudey: I think I explained with this to you too the reasons of my valuations level when i've been promoted...in 5 seasons changes much things...level increased soon...

This Post:
219433.42 in reply to 219433.38
Date: 6/5/2012 5:15:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will elaborate on what Perpete says.
hrudey, you can't compare the 2.

The game was different, many changes have been made, the economy is completely different hence why all these talks about how it was before...
In season 5, very few players had been trained, the few of them young and well trained were a pricy commodity. Players were far from as skilled as today. I am not even sure the potential feature was already introduced...

Players we routinely buy 200k today would sometimes cost 2M at the time. They were unaffordable for new teams.
Revenues were lower. Salaries were higher, you probably know that, salaries have decreased, I think by more than 30% overall.
So today, skills are much cheaper, I welcome these changes, it helps new teams to buy skills quickly.

It took me several seasons to afford to buy a player with a skill in the double-digit you know :)
I had a few but I had to train them myself.

So don't compare the ratings, you weren't around and it was very different, don't judge too quickly.
Italy was notoriously the most competitive league at the time, even in the lower leagues, this is true.
For a long time, USA was only around 1.5k users and not so competitive. It evolves over time, now the USA is very competitive too. Just to point out that the game evolves, situations change, the environment changes. Careful with the assumptions.

This Post:
219433.43 in reply to 219433.40
Date: 6/5/2012 5:29:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's quite easier to put nice ratings nowadays than 10 or 15 seasons ago. With 400k$, you buy players clearly better than what you can buy at this time. Training can't do everything and when what can be bought is shit, it's shit. Now you can buy, really good players for nothing.

No need to look at zecchin ratings, you can look at any team from Saison 5/10.

If I was comparing season 5 to season 16, sure. He promoted in season 11, and my players were mostly bought in season 15. But I suppose if we want to compare apples to apples, I just looked at the team that promoted before him in season 10, the models. They got the team in season 8 and was 7-15, while Alley Up was 18-4. That's the same nation, same league, same time. Next season, The Models are 18-4 and 3rd place, while Alley Up was 13-9 and in fourth. Season 10 and we see the Models at 20-2, while Alley Up is 17-5, and the Models go on to promote fairly easily.

Now, I don't know what the salaries were like for the Models or what their transfer history looked like since they went bot, but if he can't be much more than a speed bump to someone who started three seasons later than him in the exact same conference of the exact same league, I'm not going to consider his suggestion that it's the economy holding him back as being the most accurate conclusion from the available evidence.

This Post:
219433.44 in reply to 219433.42
Date: 6/5/2012 5:31:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I will elaborate on what Perpete says.
hrudey, you can't compare the 2.
[...]
So don't compare the ratings, you weren't around and it was very different, don't judge too quickly.
Italy was notoriously the most competitive league at the time, even in the lower leagues, this is true.
For a long time, USA was only around 1.5k users and not so competitive. It evolves over time, now the USA is very competitive too. Just to point out that the game evolves, situations change, the environment changes. Careful with the assumptions.

Okay, I stand corrected on the direct comparison. I responded already with a correction that's more in line, and while your thoughtful and informative reply deserves more than this brief message, I am leaving work so this will have to do.

This Post:
219433.45 in reply to 219433.41
Date: 6/5/2012 5:36:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because you played since season 6 (I play since season 5), and you know that level of V divisions increases a lot...but tv contract (except for the modific of season 11) remain the same, but salaries to win are more and more than season 6...so, as we can save money to stay in IV or III, new teams can't make it actually...so they leave...

In a large game world like Italy, at every level, teams don't make money anymore. Not only in D.V.
My league weekly revenue is negative and it has been for several seasons now. It used to be +20k or more.
Teams reach the team salary soft cap.

Obviously, it is going to be hard when you start in D.V but it is easier than before, because skills are cheaper and with more skills, it is easier to make a difference with a well-thought out distribution of skills.
And in higher leagues, teams have it more difficult to renew their roster and sometimes have to downgrade it if they have mismanaged. I see it happening around me. Newer teams catch them up.
It was harder for you to get out of D.V and escape demotion from D.IV than it is now.
Of course, it will always take several seasons to rise through two divisions, you can only expect this from this kind of game.
You did it, you have achieved more than me.

This Post:
219433.46 in reply to 219433.45
Date: 6/6/2012 7:09:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't want to brag. but what i want to say will be bragging nevertheless :D

my team is the youngest team that has ever played in LBBL so far. it took me just 10 seasons to get from league V to the I.

it's always possible.

Last edited by Rycka at 6/6/2012 7:10:02 AM

This Post:
219433.47 in reply to 219433.46
Date: 6/6/2012 7:20:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i can also add another example. and this one should be even better than mine: (178310)

i am sure he will even be faster than me. of course he had a team before this one, while i did not, so he started with some experience. we communicate often and discuss about this game. we do have same opinion on some aspects of this game and for the others we are often in dispute :) so there is definitely more than one way to be successful in BB.

This Post:
219433.48 in reply to 219433.47
Date: 6/6/2012 2:20:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we can add a new profit source, like sponsors... In some other games, you can chose one of three different sponsors, with a base earning and some bonuses about the wins... winning teams choses sponsors with low base earning and high win profit, medium teams select a balanced sponsor and the teams wich don' t win anything chose the sponsor with an high base earning and low winning bonus... That could improve the game and add one other economy chose (like the arena prices, for example...) A chose of the player, not of the computer, like merchandising or tv contract...

This Post:
219433.49 in reply to 219433.48
Date: 6/6/2012 3:07:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually we don't need extra money in the system. It only raises a teams "salary cap", everyone fills up the extra income with extra salary and here we are again with the next suggestion how to add money.

This Post:
219433.50 in reply to 219433.48
Date: 6/6/2012 10:00:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not enough money isn't the problem... otherwise tanking wouldn't be an issue.

Advertisement