Suggestions > about the age that player skills decrease

about the age that player skills decrease

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
223450.41 in reply to 223450.40
Date: 8/14/2012 10:56:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
3) Any graduality starts at a certain point. Here it is at the age of 32, where the graduallity is fast and with no graduallity, and should be fast and increased by age to FASTER...

Or better yet (and forgive me for being reasonable and trying to discuss a suggestion and daring to steal your use of the "real world" analogies), every player who is not receiving training in skills should begin to lose some ability in that skill every week of his career, with the drops becoming larger as he ages. Just because a player at age 22 spent some thousands of hours shooting from the three point line to become a marksman doesn't mean that he need never practice a jump shot again for a decade and still retain the same accuracy. Obviously, the skill drops can not be too extreme at lower ages, but "maintenance" training would add another dimension.

This Post:
223450.42 in reply to 223450.41
Date: 8/14/2012 11:00:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
3) Any graduality starts at a certain point. Here it is at the age of 32, where the graduallity is fast and with no graduallity, and should be fast and increased by age to FASTER...

Or better yet (and forgive me for being reasonable and trying to discuss a suggestion and daring to steal your use of the "real world" analogies), every player who is not receiving training in skills should begin to lose some ability in that skill every week of his career, with the drops becoming larger as he ages. Just because a player at age 22 spent some thousands of hours shooting from the three point line to become a marksman doesn't mean that he need never practice a jump shot again for a decade and still retain the same accuracy. Obviously, the skill drops can not be too extreme at lower ages, but "maintenance" training would add another dimension.

I basically support that too. Some drops in younger age (like there are in the stamina domain) is reasonable indeed.

Once in a while we agree on... things...

This Post:
223450.43 in reply to 223450.40
Date: 8/14/2012 11:54:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree with your statements...

This is a game, It's really hard to get players in good and complete trainings so that they can become into the elite of the game. That training may be completed luckily at age of 27... But most likely at 28. That gives you a no sense 3 years of real approachable seasons of the player. See where is my point? You train a player for 10 season(which is more than 2 years in real life), maybe giving a G, 2 or 3 season in training of inside skills(this requires of a lot of effort dough). Then complete the 10 season, training him in skills for G. After all that effort putted on him, all that time invested, isn't worth the miserable 3 seasons of approachability you have of the player until he starts to decrease his skills.

This Post:
223450.44 in reply to 223450.42
Date: 8/14/2012 11:56:49 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
dropping stuff faster would kill the oldies hence would make salaries and demand rise, is that what we need in D5? a lot of 25 yr olds with TPE's of 6 digits nearly 7 digits? It's almost impossible for a newbie then to get anyone, and would only kill BB. But I like the suggestion of decreasing little by little or change the age to 33. and make it drop slower. Does Kobe ever drop dramatically in his "JS" nope he still can shoot the clutch.........so maybe the players of superstar+ potential could drop slower..........cause they are legends and know what they do......

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
223450.45 in reply to 223450.42
Date: 8/14/2012 12:03:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And even if you want to sell him at the age of 30(with one or two seasons left until he stats decreasing), with the poor market value of aged players you wouldn't even gain a 1/10 of the real value of the player (considering the time & money invested on him).

So please don't tell me "everything is ok with the decrease".

This Post:
223450.46 in reply to 223450.39
Date: 8/14/2012 12:04:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree

all i was saying before the trolls started attacking for no reason was i think the change should be gradual

it seems silly that no player ever declines before 32

then @ 33 their skills drop like stones

i dont care if the decline starts sooner or later but it should be gradual & then increase

at least in my case the stones have aan parachute, the dudes currently in my roster(before that i had few expereince with it):

Llyons, 33year old: 0 downs
Qualtiger: 34yo: 3 downs this season, i believe 2 last season
Alabora, 34yo: 1 down this season, 4 last season(maybe just 3)

Ok i have carrer extension, but even when you multipli my values with 4/3 it isn't that much.

This Post:
223450.47 in reply to 223450.43
Date: 8/14/2012 1:34:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree with your statements...

This is a game, It's really hard to get players in good and complete trainings so that they can become into the elite of the game. That training may be completed luckily at age of 27... But most likely at 28. That gives you a no sense 3 years of real approachable seasons of the player. See where is my point? You train a player for 10 season(which is more than 2 years in real life), maybe giving a G, 2 or 3 season in training of inside skills(this requires of a lot of effort dough). Then complete the 10 season, training him in skills for G. After all that effort putted on him, all that time invested, isn't worth the miserable 3 seasons of approachability you have of the player until he starts to decrease his skills.

I'm sorry, but this is still irrellevant.
Let's say you will get one more season, is it enough? Why not two? or twenty more seasons?
There is no reason that it will be longer. You want a player with similar skills to replace the getting old one, search the TL and find the one that best fit your requirement.
In arcade games you can set the skills as ever you like. This is not an arcade game but a BB-managing, and this limitation is something a BB-manager needs to handle.

This Post:
223450.48 in reply to 223450.47
Date: 8/14/2012 1:44:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pini - I have a suggestion.

Maybe you'll write a whole new set of rules and implementations for the game.
Work on it for a while - really get some thought in to it.

Send it via mail - BB-mail, I don't know how.

Wait for an answer, maybe it will be fully implemented, maybe some of that or maybe non of it.

And then just leave it at that.

I really don't see why someone who really think that so many parts of the games are so wrong is taking such an active part of it?!

"Did you miss me??? - "With every bullet so far..." Al Bundy
This Post:
223450.49 in reply to 223450.44
Date: 8/14/2012 1:45:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
dropping stuff faster would kill the oldies hence would make salaries and demand rise, is that what we need in D5? a lot of 25 yr olds with TPE's of 6 digits nearly 7 digits? It's almost impossible for a newbie then to get anyone, and would only kill BB. But I like the suggestion of decreasing little by little or change the age to 33. and make it drop slower. Does Kobe ever drop dramatically in his "JS" nope he still can shoot the clutch.........so maybe the players of superstar+ potential could drop slower..........cause they are legends and know what they do......

1) Not changing will keep current state which is reasonable.

2) A) Increasing the skill drop rate will increase the amount of payment that great players cost, because than they will need to sell them faster but will still want to posses them.
As such it is good for the newbies.

B) In general, I never saw when a rich team had tried to take the same player a team from lower division wanted to have.
This claim is just not reasonable.

C) Increasing the supply of non-great players make them cheaper and not the other way around.

3) Kobe's number get down each season.
How many players did succeed staying in the NBA after the age of 32? On the same role at their team?

This Post:
223450.50 in reply to 223450.48
Date: 8/14/2012 1:52:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Pini - yada yada yada (non related content)
I really don't see why someone who really think that so many parts of the games are so wrong is taking such an active part of it?!
Because anyone who do some coding, designing and system and product work does also things that needs a fix.
Otherwise there is no need for the suggestion forum at all.

Other than that, you didn't really commented at this post at all on the topic discussed and my comment to what you wrote.

Message deleted
Advertisement