BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.42 in reply to 32764.41
Date: 5/28/2008 2:43:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Future tournaments will only include the top division winner, the league champion, any former B3 champion, and the reigning World Championship manager.

The only reason the tournament is so large this season is that any team that would have qualified had the tournament existed got to play.

And yes, there is indeed a bonus for winning a lower division, namely a season ticket holder boost and the increased revenues from being in a higher division.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

To: Coco
This Post:
32764.43 in reply to 32764.41
Date: 5/28/2008 2:43:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I understand it, the size of this BBB is a one-off event. Since it's the first one, they included all the winners from all of the previous seasons and allowed them to participate. After this, it will be only two teams (or one) from each country. The winner of I.1 and the tournament champion.

This Post:
32764.45 in reply to 32764.41
Date: 5/28/2008 5:05:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmm, I don't see that I wrote anything about BBB being financially disadvantageous. I clearly stated how much I earned in the first two rounds. I still think, this amount does in no way distort the competition in my league (or in any other), if you think otherwise, please give us some hard data instead of these "it is clearly evident" statements.

I like the BBB tournament (with income, training time and injuries), and I would like it even if I was not allowed to play!

This Post:
32764.46 in reply to 32764.44
Date: 5/28/2008 5:42:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still believe that for some teams B3 is not at all a financial benefit.

I lost my 1st match and I had to play my C and PF way too much resulting in a Gameshape drop. This almost cost me my game yesterday and had I lost that one I could easily have lost more income in my next homegames than I earned in B3.

This is not quite like the Cup - because you have the same number of training spots even when you are not in the cup. In B3 you would have to buy extra trainees to take full advantage of the training. And once you were out - you would need to sell them again.

Last edited by Blacksword at 5/28/2008 5:43:24 PM

This Post:
32764.49 in reply to 32764.47
Date: 5/28/2008 8:32:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me suggest even something else that does not require an extra guy: out of the cup?
think a PG or your SF could use a round of inside shot? Go ahead and play them in your scrimmage at no cost. Yes, you'd have to blow some games in your main competition (or perhaps get temporary bacups for your PG and SF), but you could make up for it after you'd be out of B3.

Let me tell you simply - if you are using the scrimmage to train IS for a PG then the PG is going to be 3rd reserve at best... or do you expect BBB teams to just overplay their players in order to get training???

As others have said you start the week with great intentions and by weds you just hope you have enough of a roster left to field on thurs (scrimmage OR cup)

Of course now 6 players are easy to train... if you can squeeze 7+ or have a few players get 20mins with an outside chance of popping then this is better than nothing but i think it is very hard to plan to train 8 players...

Next week for the first time I can and should train my youngest 7 irrespective of my opponent.. my 8th youngest should also get decent court time too...

This Post:
32764.50 in reply to 32764.41
Date: 5/28/2008 9:21:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You have hit the nail on the head. Well said.

This Post:
32764.51 in reply to 32764.47
Date: 5/28/2008 9:39:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am affraid you are right. It's pretty straight forward, but it's too easy for the people WHO ARE IN BBB to complain about the pains of having extra money in their pocket at the expense of an extra training game.

They looked much more intelligent (and the ones who are keeping quiet are smart)when they said nothing and just let the money come in.

A simple solution to this is an Arena use tax. Make it based on size and do it in a hurry before we see our first 30k arenas.

Advertisement