BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.411 in reply to 129389.408
Date: 2/18/2010 6:15:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
more money to you and less money to us it means that we have a smaller power on the market, ain't it? so you're missing the point. we're not complaining for nothing, we just say that even if we play in more competitive championships we gain less money, we can spend less than you (a general you, it could be referred to all the players coming from the "small countries") and consequently we can be less competitive than you nor than the others of our country.

and don't tell me we're not going to face up, 'cause if it may be right talking about a possible match, it's not correct to say that related to the market, we daily face up there.

but this have the reason, because you are already at the level the small nation try to get, and if they are at those level they don't get more money then you.

we will never have a sold out arena for the whole season at maximum ticket prices.

merchandising isn't the best income for no one ;)

if someone will balance the arena flow country by country instead of merchandizing, maybe will be more effective.. imho

This Post:
129389.412 in reply to 129389.409
Date: 2/18/2010 8:36:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A very good question. Taking Thailand as an example, from season 3 until season 8, there were basically 4 teams that even remotely seemed to "play" the game, i.e. set scrimmages, change tactics, spend money on the TL. The last two seasons we have season a quantum leap in the number and quality of teams interested in improving. I am not saying that they are competitive yet, but it seems like we have 12 managers that care. According to bb-stats.org we have 45 users, 8 of whom I recognize from season 3. There have probably been 100 people sign up total. So using some fuzzy math I am guessing that the number to make a "stable" community is around 300-350 (1 in 10 managers caring enough to stick to it and become competitive). It could be possible to only have 32 users and have 32 active teams, but it would still take at least 300-350 people to try the game to get those 32 active managers. Of course, this number must be amended to account for a particular country's basketball culture. So maybe Thailand is more like 3000 users to get 32 active ones.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
129389.413 in reply to 129389.411
Date: 2/18/2010 11:14:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because you already had a big arena ;)

This Post:
129389.414 in reply to 129389.407
Date: 2/19/2010 4:41:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gaining less money means that you have better players. Simple as that. BBB that is the place that i will compete with an Italian team or Spanish, is related to 0,3% . Do you really care about that???

hey man, why don't you read every single word that I write? :)

and don't tell me we're not going to face up, 'cause if it may be right talking about a possible match, it's not correct to say that related to the market, we daily face up there.

I don't even care bout B3, I even don't know if I'll never play it.
what I do care about is the TL where you have an advantage compared to us.

I'll try to explain better my point of view, so I take B3 semi-finalist djembe who is not at my level, he is stronger than a team like mine, and he's probably better than some serie A teams since he reaches B3 semis:

in Nigeria he has really few rivals, let's say 2-3 but no one of those is really getting some trouble for his championship's winning. consequently he has no problem to accumulate money (coming from a "always-sold out-arena"), he receive bout the same merchandising of a top level Italian team, and not so less from TV, with the huge difference he can do whatever he preferes on the market 'cause he has a market power so much higher than we have.

I repeat that I don't care about B3, it's not a crusade against "you, people of small countries", but it's only an objective analysis between our income and market power and yours.

This Post:
129389.415 in reply to 129389.414
Date: 2/19/2010 4:53:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What you are saying its are facts but i am having hard time to see how we have an advantage over you. I really cant understand how you will have more more fun or what else you want reducing our income. Really.

This Post:
129389.416 in reply to 129389.415
Date: 2/19/2010 5:05:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Many times I do have to get pissed for an auction I lost against (example) a Vietnamese user who had recently joined or joined several seasons after me.

What makes me irritated is that I don't understand why a user that subscribed long after me should have the same market power that I have after several competitive seasons.

This Post:
129389.417 in reply to 129389.416
Date: 2/19/2010 5:12:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Many times I do have to get pissed for an auction I lost against (example) a Vietnamese user who had recently joined or joined several seasons after me.

What makes me irritated is that I don't understand why a user that subscribed long after me should have the same market power that I have after several competitive seasons.

don't forget that they even sell those players ;) To people like you, so the market impact is close to nothing on the Tl and maybe a little bit on staff.

And you are really pissed of by the very few teams, who haven't even the luck of active enemys?

This Post:
129389.418 in reply to 129389.416
Date: 2/19/2010 5:12:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been outbidden by Italian or Spanish teams of 4. or 5. leage soooooooooooooo many times I can't even count. They seem to have millions and millions of $$$...

This Post:
129389.419 in reply to 129389.418
Date: 2/19/2010 5:24:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been outbidden by Italian or Spanish teams of 4. or 5. leage soooooooooooooo many times I can't even count. They seem to have millions and millions of $$$...

Or they just value players differently to you....or they are maybe playing a shorter term game.

I think a lot of the complaints that generate stem from very serious players of the game (makes sense - why would casual users be as vocal?) I would therefore suggest that players who have less care about their team (the players that perhaps hand on heart know they arent going to be playing this in 2-3 yrs/seasons) they will bid up to buy unique players at any cost (same as they do for lvl 7 trainers) Longer term planners quite rightly refuse to get drawn into a bid war and have to step down and so I dont think this is just a big country v small country argument it is a long term v short term clash that we all have to deal with.

This Post:
129389.420 in reply to 129389.400
Date: 2/19/2010 8:53:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All your proving is what we said thousand times on this thread. Big countries have much more competition. So WHAT? Is that our problem????? You are stacked man. All the posters that are coming from big countries (mainly Spain and Italy) repeating the same things, but you are failing to see our arguments. Please open your mind a little.

As i said again Cyprus is a lovely place to live, and we have beautiful women too. You can move here and ''enjoy'' 1 almost dead community.

ok, my fault has been posting here. I have thought people could understand me, but Game Masters from Cyprus are too smart for me and my arguments. sorry I won't disturb you anymore ;)

This Post:
129389.421 in reply to 129389.418
Date: 2/19/2010 12:51:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The difference is that an Italian,Spansih,French,Poland,German,ecc...,everyone who can outbid you in an auction that come from a competitive division of a country(as the thai Gm rightly pointed out,the problem is not strictly the size of a contry,but as general rule, bigger is the country,stronger is the competitivity in their various divisions),had to sell their trainees,and if he doesn't train him "well" to send them on the market,he cannot improve his teams and also if a user doesn't sell his trainees,for the growth of their salaries,he will have a very short power on the market(then there are the cheaters,but they live in every part of the BB world)
Who can outbid you that come from a low competitive division of a country,has the money to act in the market,without selling their better players,because he has enormous incomes for his expenses(he hes also much more money to spend on the staff).The improving of these teams can happen without necessarily the improving of the "user's skills",mantaining the league very few competitive,because they can improve the team only buying some players on the market,and also them have to wait some week before raising the money to do that,maintaining nearly the samel level of competitivity of the league,anc consequentely the same great economic situation,that is exploited from the few who has decent "user's skills",that will accumulate an enormous advantage,and they'll have much more power on the market,having an always much more stronger team than a user who plays in a top division of the competitive countries

The problem is at all the levels for the users of the biggest/more competitive countries that have to face off the users of the small/less competitive countries on the market(and for who has the ability/fortune to go in the BBB)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/19/2010 12:53:35 PM

Advertisement