BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.419 in reply to 129389.418
Date: 2/19/2010 5:24:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been outbidden by Italian or Spanish teams of 4. or 5. leage soooooooooooooo many times I can't even count. They seem to have millions and millions of $$$...

Or they just value players differently to you....or they are maybe playing a shorter term game.

I think a lot of the complaints that generate stem from very serious players of the game (makes sense - why would casual users be as vocal?) I would therefore suggest that players who have less care about their team (the players that perhaps hand on heart know they arent going to be playing this in 2-3 yrs/seasons) they will bid up to buy unique players at any cost (same as they do for lvl 7 trainers) Longer term planners quite rightly refuse to get drawn into a bid war and have to step down and so I dont think this is just a big country v small country argument it is a long term v short term clash that we all have to deal with.

This Post:
129389.420 in reply to 129389.400
Date: 2/19/2010 8:53:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All your proving is what we said thousand times on this thread. Big countries have much more competition. So WHAT? Is that our problem????? You are stacked man. All the posters that are coming from big countries (mainly Spain and Italy) repeating the same things, but you are failing to see our arguments. Please open your mind a little.

As i said again Cyprus is a lovely place to live, and we have beautiful women too. You can move here and ''enjoy'' 1 almost dead community.

ok, my fault has been posting here. I have thought people could understand me, but Game Masters from Cyprus are too smart for me and my arguments. sorry I won't disturb you anymore ;)

This Post:
129389.421 in reply to 129389.418
Date: 2/19/2010 12:51:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've been outbidden by Italian or Spanish teams of 4. or 5. leage soooooooooooooo many times I can't even count. They seem to have millions and millions of $$$...

The difference is that an Italian,Spansih,French,Poland,German,ecc...,everyone who can outbid you in an auction that come from a competitive division of a country(as the thai Gm rightly pointed out,the problem is not strictly the size of a contry,but as general rule, bigger is the country,stronger is the competitivity in their various divisions),had to sell their trainees,and if he doesn't train him "well" to send them on the market,he cannot improve his teams and also if a user doesn't sell his trainees,for the growth of their salaries,he will have a very short power on the market(then there are the cheaters,but they live in every part of the BB world)
Who can outbid you that come from a low competitive division of a country,has the money to act in the market,without selling their better players,because he has enormous incomes for his expenses(he hes also much more money to spend on the staff).The improving of these teams can happen without necessarily the improving of the "user's skills",mantaining the league very few competitive,because they can improve the team only buying some players on the market,and also them have to wait some week before raising the money to do that,maintaining nearly the samel level of competitivity of the league,anc consequentely the same great economic situation,that is exploited from the few who has decent "user's skills",that will accumulate an enormous advantage,and they'll have much more power on the market,having an always much more stronger team than a user who plays in a top division of the competitive countries

The problem is at all the levels for the users of the biggest/more competitive countries that have to face off the users of the small/less competitive countries on the market(and for who has the ability/fortune to go in the BBB)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/19/2010 12:53:35 PM

This Post:
129389.422 in reply to 129389.421
Date: 2/19/2010 1:03:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't care if the guy who outbid me comes from a small or big country. I don't care how he got the money. I just have to find another player or get more money. I guess that's one of the aims of the game: make the best of what you've got and get. All the guys in my league have the same problems with the prices people pay for players. So it all comes down to "them against me" again.

This Post:
129389.423 in reply to 129389.422
Date: 2/19/2010 1:50:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't care if the guy who outbid me comes from a small or big country. I don't care how he got the money. I just have to find another player or get more money.

It's a your tought,surely repsectable.But a thing is that you play "against them" without someone who has clearly great advantages on you,another thing is that you have worst economic possibilities of some others
On the market you play against people all over the world,some of them has great advantages.These users will face you in the market,directly or not(rising the prices of the players,they however will affect your economic power on the market).So you(intended as all the users) should care this problem(the economic balance of the game in the world),in my opinion

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/19/2010 1:54:01 PM

This Post:
129389.424 in reply to 129389.423
Date: 2/19/2010 2:19:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
should care this problem

Or you could move on and just take note of the advantages and disadvantages to being in a big country. Then realize that everyone in your country is in the same boat and think about how you can make those advantages and disadvantages work for you.

I still do not get what competing against small countries on the transfer market has to do with anything. Let's say you are right and that they are driving transfer prices up. So what? It will affect your power on the market, but it will also affect everyone else in your country, too.

PS Maybe it is just my experience, but I have been beaten at auctions by Italian teams much more than any other country.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.425 in reply to 129389.424
Date: 2/19/2010 2:39:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and even those rising is very unlikely, because they are so few of them ;)

This Post:
129389.426 in reply to 129389.424
Date: 2/19/2010 3:01:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I see certain answers I don't know what I have to think

It's so difficult to exit from a mentality restricted to the every single country?If the market is global,the problem is global.And the problem should affect all the people,I think.I'm in the same boat of the users of my country,but all the "boats" of the same country are in the same sea.It's like someone in the America's Cup will use a boat with a motor.If I'm Luna Rossa,or if i'm Mascalzone latino,I will however damage if a foreign boat will use the motor,also if the boat of my same country doesn't have it
P.S. Statistically it's normal that you was beaten by many italian teams in the auctions,if there's a great number of them. ;D

@Mod-CrazyEye:these users are "few" realted to the game,the number of these users exceeds hundred(s) of units,that are few in a game played from 50k people,but are enought to create new equilibria in the market

This Post:
129389.427 in reply to 129389.426
Date: 2/19/2010 3:17:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

P.S. Statistically it's normal that you was beaten by many italian teams in the auctions,if there's a great number of them. ;D

So it is normal for an Italian division III or IV team to be able to beat a division I team in a medium sized country? I think you just proved my point. Most players that I go after would never be seen in a division III or IV team in Canada.

all the "boats" of the same country are in the same sea.

Does this all boil down to a "big boat" contest, then? ;-)

This Post:
129389.428 in reply to 129389.427
Date: 2/19/2010 4:40:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't want to be presumptuous,but for reaching the III division in Italy you have to train very well your players.If you train well your player,you can sell them at high price in the market.So when they have to change their training,they have the money to act in it.
The team who is sixth in my league sell his best players for 5 milion,but now he has difficulties in the championship,also if he buys some good substitutes
He could beat you in an auction,if he spend that money,but this not shows nothing.Indeed,this shows that some teams has advantages,look at the recent transfer list of some of the top teams of the various countries.When the top team in Italy had to buy a player,had previously to sell one of them.The top nigerian(only for an example)team have not to do them.This is only an example,but for the teams of medium division in competitive countries,maybe the situation is also worse than that

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/19/2010 4:52:29 PM

This Post:
129389.429 in reply to 129389.428
Date: 2/19/2010 8:24:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Sure you, me and Johnny shop for boats in the same place and maybe sometimes Johnny has more money than us. But personally I do not mind if Johnny or anyone else has a bigger boat than me. I worked hard for my boat and am pretty proud of it. Plus I will never see him in my waters, so he is no threat to me in my ocean.

Well, we could go round and round with the same arguments over and over but I am done.

Advertisement