BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Age of div I teams in 6 leagues

Age of div I teams in 6 leagues (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
202000.43 in reply to 202000.39
Date: 11/10/2011 4:19:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you look at the English Football League system, which most closely resembles Buzzerbeater-
The majority of the teams in the Premier league (Div.1) were established in the 19th century and have been in the top division for a while. There are a few teams that sneak in and make it to the top division such as Wigan but they are the minority. The powerhouses remain the powerhouses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League

Just my two cents and a real world example.
This only strengthen my claim.
1) This game is needed to be competitive for all users.

2) The NBA (and most of any leagues that exists in the USA) has a much better system and it shows.
It shows in the fact that you can see a game between each two teams and enjoy a meaningful game.
In England, and surely on Spain (football leagues) the only question is - how much goals Real/Barcelona will make.

3) Generally the USA's leagues systems makes the game much more interesting and competitive than the European one.

What happens due to this bad system in Europe is that the fan base are so not proportional up to a level that some (most) of the teams can be said to be playing and managed from charity.

4) In case you are claiming that this should be the case - only old users can play on the first division, ask yourself who will join this game and who will keep playing it.

----------------------------------------------
The basic of sport is competitiveness.
Currently BB is not competitive for new users.
I love this game, but on a certain point I'll probably do what a lot others have done due to that - leave the game (for the joy of some of the users who enjoy exploiting a wrong system)

This Post:
202000.44 in reply to 202000.42
Date: 11/10/2011 4:28:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I forgot to add:
It is interesting why one is so afraid of a discussion on the core of this game - competitiveness. And "shouts" over and over to close the thread.

This Post:
202000.45 in reply to 202000.44
Date: 11/10/2011 4:34:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because it has been discussed to death. I don't know what are you trying to accomplish. And I don't see any shouting. Stop with false accusations and stop drawing wrong conslusions intentionally.

I am not afraid of the discussion. But this is not a discussion. This is you trying to explain to others why you think BB is not competitive. You are thinking that if you keep doing this for enough time, BBs will get their heads together and say "Dang, this guy is actually right, let's try to make BB more competitive!".

And if anyone says anything against it, it is either:

- afraid of discussion

or

- afraid of what this change will mean for his team because he is from top league and he is defending his narrow interests.

Man, you are living in alternate reality. I don't know how else to explain what is going in your head right now.

EDIT: Btw, before you start yelling "FACTS, WHERE ARE THE FACTS!!", let me tell you two BBs answered to you with FACTS: BB Charles (indirectly) and BB ryan (directly). So you have your answer, but you keep poking because you are not satisfied with them and hope something will change. Well, good luck with that. I think they have to invent a 13th astrologic sign, because even Capricorn isn't that stubborn.

Last edited by Koperboy at 11/10/2011 4:46:47 AM

This Post:
202000.46 in reply to 202000.45
Date: 11/10/2011 4:45:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because it has been discussed to death. I don't know what are you trying to accomplish. And I don't see any shouting. Stop with false accusations and stop drawing wrong conslusions intentionally.
So just don't be part of it.
And as you are a veteran user you know it.
So let's think why you are so eager to close this thread...

This Post:
202000.47 in reply to 202000.45
Date: 11/10/2011 4:47:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not afraid of the discussion. But this is not a discussion. This is you trying to explain to others why you think BB is not competitive.
Well, this is what a discussion is all about.
discussing the topic and content.
Somehow I don't remember you ever relating to the FACTs written on that first message.
I wonder why...

Message deleted
This Post:
202000.49 in reply to 202000.48
Date: 11/10/2011 5:09:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think its time to stop this by advising:

Don't feed the troll, or the troll will eat you.

Last edited by Northern Warlord at 11/10/2011 5:12:01 AM

This Post:
202000.50 in reply to 202000.49
Date: 11/10/2011 5:14:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are right. That's why I deleted my last answer. I hope it stops here.

This Post:
202000.51 in reply to 202000.50
Date: 11/10/2011 6:40:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
began in season 15, Love the game.

Please dont change the game.

This Post:
202000.52 in reply to 202000.51
Date: 11/10/2011 6:55:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
began in season 15, Love the game.

Please dont change the game.
Did you see the FACTs I wrote at the beginning of this thread?

Do you understand that no matter what you will do and how much time you'll play this game, the fun will end and you will left with the frustration of not being able to play on the first division due to current system?

On the first seasons it seems that everything is normal, and also I am feeling the same on my league (I probably joined at the same time as you did or maybe even afterwards).
But, the information I've gathered shows that the fun will end soon, as the system is needed to be drastically improved.

This thread is basically about the facts I've given, and you didn't really relate to any of them.
In case you agree with the facts themselves (if not, please elaborate why), then you need to explain why it is OK for you to play a game where you can only develop until certain level.

This Post:
202000.53 in reply to 202000.52
Date: 11/10/2011 7:18:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your facts are useless.

In science, when you do statistics you have to use a certain method. You need a big enough sample, your isnt. You need a representative sample, yours isnt. You never show raw data because, you have. You use statistical values, sometimes as simple as means, to show a second variable (time) related tendency, you havent, and actually someone did and you disregarded it because it proved against your post.

I still havent talked about the facts itself, and I will not because I consider it a waste of time. I have read around 150 messages, most of the yours, where the only thing you did was troll around, point some non representative, poor selected facts (if we are thinking you did not specifically select the facts that made your point disregarding the others).

With my intervention I just say I am ok with this, I read the same data as you did, but I got a bigger picture reading data others posted.

this thread actually game me hope, because the top leagues average age is getting younger, and the old managers actually stick around. It is the perfect combination.

You dont have to be ok with that, there are around 50k users, so there will be 50k different opinions. Deal with it. You dont like it? ALT F4

Last edited by Flamen at 11/10/2011 7:25:21 AM

Advertisement