BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Official Second Team Poll & Discussion

Official Second Team Poll & Discussion (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
254079.43 in reply to 254079.35
Date: 1/12/2014 2:31:28 PM
Dodor Utd
A Grupa
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dodor Inc
Still better than bot according to those India users. And if you aren't willing to compete with that second team, it's quite possible that other would. I see that you now agree that this wouldn't be that overwhelming for the small countries to have new teams.

Since you keep mentioning these India users, according to the stats there are 28 active teams there. However, as we know the real number is probably half of that, meaning that their second division is practically empty. They would never get the amount of secondary teams to make the game more challenging.
Furthermore, If I create a secondary team, I would not chose to put in a small country where I will die of boredom. I will want to create it in Poland, Italy, France, US, etc. where I can get some fun. This in turn means that secondary teams will be concentrated in the most popular countries (in the game) which could disrupt the national identity of the respective leagues.
Things like that defeat the purpose of secondary teams, and I'm still waiting to hear a good reason why they should exist.

Last edited by Dodor at 1/12/2014 2:32:13 PM

This Post:
254079.44 in reply to 254079.37
Date: 1/12/2014 2:40:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that secondary team option is a little bit differential.
From the one hand, having a second team could help new managers (like me) to do some experiments with another, not cheating of course, without afraid of losing their (primary) team's progress. On the other hand, as it was said, the point of national teams will be lost when almost every supporter has a secondary team in a foreign country. I personally like the idea of having a secondary team and if it is finally decided to be an option for supporters it will motivate me to buy the year's package!!
Finally, a little suggestion. Could we maybe have an option to change our primary team to secondary team and the other way? For example if new users have done some mistakes with their primary team changing to the secondary team will give them the chance to correct those mistakes by using their secondary team as their primary.

Last edited by Nikos Manetos at 1/12/2014 2:42:45 PM

The enemy of good is...the better!
This Post:
254079.49 in reply to 254079.47
Date: 1/12/2014 2:56:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think running a Utopia country and placing all second teams there would be a better option.

It would give the feel of a B3 where good managers from around the world compete against each other.

No matter how it happens though, I am willing to pay for a second team.

This Post:
254079.50 in reply to 254079.48
Date: 1/12/2014 2:56:48 PM
Hogwarts Team
FCBBP
Overall Posts Rated:
The idea seems very good, if you are willing to train the youth and older Colombians welcome to Colombia.

This Post:
254079.51 in reply to 254079.1
Date: 1/12/2014 3:05:32 PM
In honorem Heinrici II.
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bamberg Gladiators
First of all, I have been playing Buzzerbeater for almost five years now and I like the steady improvements and the fact, that BB is doing a better job of communicating with the community now.

I really like the idea of having an option to create a second team. I would apply for it because I think it would increase the fun level for me. Launching a new team, avoiding the many mistakes made when started the first team, experimenting with new training/team concepts/strategies and also helping smaller countries to increase the activities in their leagues and forums - thats sounds great to me. And of course, it would make the Supporter package even more attractive, which is very important for the game.

Regarding the possibility of farming activities: Maybe BB should think about restrictions for U21 and NT players in second teams.

Languages: Of course, managers should be aware that if they want to create a second team in another country, they should at least have basic English skills to post in forums, answer PMs and so on. Skills in the specific language of that country would be even better.

All in all, I voted YES. Go for it!

And to all managers who don't like the idea: The second team would just be an option. If you don't want to have a second team, you don't need to create one. It doesn't affect your first team in any way.

Last edited by Shadow at 1/12/2014 3:10:39 PM

Derrick "Daddy Cool" Taylor - unvergessen
This Post:
254079.52 in reply to 254079.1
Date: 1/12/2014 3:07:57 PM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
With all the restriction I see this feature very weird.
Hardly any team would buy supporter package just for having secondary team.

B3 restriction: I would change to - Secondary teams cannot qualify for B3. The place for a country is lost if secondary team win league or cup.

How about draftees? E.g. if my secondary team is Slovak (primary is Czech), the draftees would be Slovak? It could lead to agreements between countries to help NT/U21 by secondary teams.

Some ideas like women league for secondary teams is better. Worldwide league without separate league for countries. With own market not mixing primary and secondary teams at all.

This Post:
254079.53 in reply to 254079.1
Date: 1/12/2014 3:19:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good idea but in my opynion the best one would be to let managers buy a new team as we do for supporters. In this case all can have the possibility to buy a new team paying, also not beeing supporter. So create more choice: have only a team with no supporter, have a team and another one, have a team and a supporter Package, have a team and another team and also supporter.
Obviously this payment could be done for different period, three months, a year, less than supporter Package on payment, than you can continue pay or the team will be BOT. Benefits?? No differences between Supporters and not and more income for buzzerbeater!! Think financially for BB could be the best way to increase income and the way to have the possibility to develope more the game. Only an idea, no words to create contrast .
Regards
Happy BB!

Last edited by IT_force (ITA Coach) at 1/12/2014 3:23:48 PM

Advertisement