This Post:
309373.44 in reply to 309373.41
Date: 6/2/2021 2:55:45 PM
Folgado Lakers
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Folgado Lakers II
Whatever the changes are, what matters the most is to announce them some months in advance. In my opinion, if you'll be seeking input in the next few weeks, these changes cannot be implemented in the next season.

For example, I'm planning on a new BBB try with my Utopian team after having won it some seasons ago. I've planned everything in order to finish within rank 1000 and be able to play BBB next season. Therefore it would be a total mess for me to suddenly find out that rules have changed.

Having said so, I would decrease the limit to rank 500 but, once decided, I would give teams 1 season to prepare for it and plan ahead.

This Post:
309373.46 in reply to 309373.43
Date: 6/2/2021 3:19:41 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
nice strategy rich get richer...

Lol I made way more money when I was in D4/D3/D2 or D1 not playing the title than right now.
It makes sense that the harder a competition is, the higher the reward has to be. Cause if you wanna win and stay up there, you have to invest everything you managed to save before.
My guess is that best B3 teams are around -100k$ to -300k$ per week, and +10k$ a game would make a difference for lower leagues ? What are you talking about

This Post:
309373.50 in reply to 309373.41
Date: 6/2/2021 4:26:25 PM
IceStar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
AlpenFlash Dunk Crew
We also would like feedback on our B3 Champion "Lifetime Participation" policy. Currently we only allow former B3 Champions that are ranked below 1000 join the competition. For next season we are proposing to decrease the limit to rank 500 and below and will continue to fine tune this each season. I'd love input from B3 participants and champions on what they think about this though.

This is where I have to come out and say that I am completely against "Lifetime Participation". That is a very big distortion of competition. I was eliminated in this edition with a record of 5 wins and 3 losses, because there are simply too many teams left. Some of them benefit that some such teams with "Lifetime Participation" are still in the competition and yet have a glaringly weak squad. I know that would break a tradition, but B3 needs to move forward in a positive way and place a higher priority on sportsmanship.

There are no sporting reasons why such teams are in this competition. Winning B3 is reward enough.

For this purpose, such teams that are B3 participants, and yet have "abandoned the squad". I would like to see a rule that prescribes that such teams are excluded from the current edition, for example when they have dropped 500k in salary costs. This can be determined weekly during a financial update.

This Post:
309373.51 in reply to 309373.49
Date: 6/2/2021 4:41:56 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
If your point is you have trouble with your team, then you're in the wrong thread. You should just ask for help/tips or look at what your previous opponents did in order to promote.

Just giving more money to D2 teams will also result in your opponents being even stronger... I'm not sure you're focusing on the right problem

This Post:
309373.53 in reply to 309373.52
Date: 6/2/2021 5:08:01 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
So you're a rich guy complaining about poorer teams (look at BB-Justin's stat) getting a little more money when they win games in the hardest competition...
Yeah I guess you made your point

Advertisement