This Post:
323216.43 in reply to 323216.37
Date: 04/05/2024 10:53:12
Black Light
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Capitol Hill Arrows
I completely agree with this. I had started drafting a reply along these lines but I think I didn't post it in the end. Many years ago (I think somewhere in the range from season 9-15) I was a GM and I was instructed to adjust any transfers that were significantly out of market value---regardless of foul play. I ultimately came to view this as an injustice to the players and many of the players whose transfer I had to adjust had rightful complaints about this. For one as you pointed out, there is a skill to listing appropriately. For another, even if one just got absurdly lucky, it's not like we have a compensatory mechanism for bad luck on the other side.

This Post:
323216.45 in reply to 323216.38
Date: 04/07/2024 07:52:46
sderenati team
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
come fosse prematurata
AI bought this player (50385420). I overpaid for him minimum 700k because I couldn't wait more on player who I was looking for.

Well this value you give looks so subjective to me, I bought the same player 5 months before for 100k more...trained OD from 9 to the level you bought, plus some ID and PA, and you think his right price after training is 2.4?!
So either i overpaid him myself at beginning, or training the hardest skill for a big man would get you to LOSE 33% of value...this is totally against your idea of paying trained players (with low salary in this case) more than 18 yo, cuz if you expect to lose money on the one who trains, this is just what happens..

On the "try to scam newbies" with crazy price i'm with Joe. It should at least be mitigated with some malus when abusing it.

Last edited by antani at 04/07/2024 07:58:03

This Post:
323216.46 in reply to 323216.45
Date: 04/07/2024 19:49:15
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
I bought the same player 5 months before for 100k more...trained OD from 9 to the level you bought, plus some ID and PA, and you think his right price after training is 2.4?!
It was almost 6 months, so almost 2 seasons, exactly 29 trainings...and 6 pops in OD + maybe 2, maximum 3 more (1 in ID from OD and maybe some PA as you said). Hey man, it was not a dream training...but I don't blame you because TSP from which you started was shitty so it couldn't work better especially during OD training without much elastic effect.
So either i overpaid him myself at beginning
YES, FOR SURE. Man, you bought almost 24yo player with TSP 110-111 for 3,1M. I don't blame you again because as I said everybody overpay on this ill market. I don't know....you bought Italian guy as a Italy NT manager maybe with goal to make NT player or what? If yes, apparently something went wrong🤷‍♂️ I just guess but anyway I would be willing to pay more for Polish player from merchandising profit reasons at least.

Doesn't matter why you paid so much for him. For sure you had some reasons, as I had when I was buying him...but I don't know what you are trying to prove now?🤷‍♂️ You know that you would pay a fine according to Joe's idea because this player was hanging around half of a season (as I well remember) on TL before I bought him?
or training the hardest skill for a big man would get you to LOSE 33% of value.
201 cm and big man?😉

Last edited by kozlik4 at 04/07/2024 19:59:44

This Post:
323216.48 in reply to 323216.46
Date: 04/08/2024 06:33:59
sderenati team
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
come fosse prematurata
Well clearly you just evaluate max tsp and not salary into selling price....
I didn't buy for NT purpose since he was behind for that, but his salary was optimized on 40k and held to 50k with 9 more pops who could be even more.

and i didn't paid 3m for merchandising, since it was on my utopia.

I just think his value is minimum 3, with no overpay on it, prove me i'm wrong by finding me a similar player for age, skill, secondaries and SALARY...

Btw it was the second time he was on market, 6 days are not half a season. The other 3 days were a month before with 1 pop less in OD.

I type just to prove that you example on Oseolo is so far from the topic discussed here.

We'r talking about people who buys for 100k and sells for 1m or more useless players for scamming noobs..you went way offtopic imo with Oseolo, a player who can hold a b3 match for just 50k....

This Post:
323216.49 in reply to 323216.47
Date: 04/08/2024 06:54:23
sderenati team
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
come fosse prematurata

Do you read me!? He should have not paid a fine according to my idea, he should have got a fine if the trade was judged too expensive by the GM according to the current rules. My idea is to reduce the net amount got when a player is repeatitively put on TL, not to give more fines.

I agree with that, indeed i put on sale for 3.5, didn't sell and waited the next pop (4 weeks for what i remember) to try again at lower price.
If i would keep listing him for 3.5 or even more (there is people who go even higher in unsold players, which drives me crazy xD), waiting for somebody to click, it would be correct to reduce the net amount based on the number of times he has been listed.

And btw, i think the problem is people who buy for 50-100k and list his players 10 to 20 times his buyng price, in order to get a fast gain on a noob click by someone.
I don't get how kozlik can bring as an example a player paid more than the selling price, who has 10 pops in 2 season before being sold again.

This Post:
323216.50 in reply to 323216.48
Date: 04/08/2024 09:57:56
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
Btw it was the second time he was on market, 6 days are not half a season. The other 3 days were a month before with 1 pop less in OD.
This is not true. I had him in my bookmark for weeks...but I will not argue with you because it's not a point.

The point is that we both, very experienced users have different point of view on value of the same player. Ok, you are seller, I'm buyer so perspective is different...but still. The same have to concern GM's who evaluate transfers...because ALWAYS player is value as much as somebody want to pay for him, beyond situation when somebody cheat or just transfer money. This evaluation of player value is changing through the time of a season are depending on TSP, hight of potential, age, salary, skills distribution. Somebody value TSP more than salary, somebody opposite. I mean this evaluation can't be free of mistakes and this is place for jealousy, prejudice and abuse, which shouldn't have place. That's why we should have clear rules describing value of player or simply cut off only that transfers which are visibly cheating cases.
We'r talking about people who buys for 100k and sells for 1m or more useless players for scamming noobs..
Come on...this is the obvious case and such transfers should be adjusted immediately...and what's more cutted money should be restored on buyer account (It would happy newbies more than Joe's idea). I think it doesn't require to be discussed here at all. Do you want to say that this is a real problem of BB? It would means that something with GM's work is not ok.

This Post:
323216.51 in reply to 323216.49
Date: 04/08/2024 10:08:22
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
I don't get how kozlik can bring as an example a player paid more than the selling price, who has 10 pops in 2 season before being sold again.

I see it touched you deeply😉 Unnecessarily. I didn't want to accuse you of cheating of something...I just felt I overpaid then (I wouldn't pay that money for him if I weren't under the wall) and this is just the example that all users overpay.

Once again...examples that somebody pay 10-20 times more really go unnoticed that we need some system's preventing solutions?

This Post:
323216.52 in reply to 323216.50
Date: 04/08/2024 10:24:15
sderenati team
Serie A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
come fosse prematurata

We'r talking about people who buys for 100k and sells for 1m or more useless players for scamming noobs..
Come on...this is the obvious case and such transfers should be adjusted immediately...and what's more cutted money should be restored on buyer account (It would happy newbies more than Joe's idea). I think it doesn't require to be discussed here at all. Do you want to say that this is a real problem of BB? It would means that something with GM's work is not ok.

Of course GM will fix for the seller, but i'm not sure they will restore anything for the buyers.
The point was avoid noobs to waste money on bad players, since for now there is no money back for "noob moves" as you suggest, and it won't be even necessary if you discourage the practice of listing 5x real value.

This Post:
323216.53 in reply to 323216.47
Date: 04/08/2024 10:33:00
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
Do you read me!? He should have not paid a fine according to my idea, he should have got a fine if the trade was judged too expensive by the GM according to the current rules. My idea is to reduce the net amount got when a player is repeatitively put on TL, not to give more fines.

Ok, not a fine...but reduce of the net amount...so extra tax😅 Could you kindly explain me what is a difference between fine and tax in your understanding of economy?

As a result, neither you nor I would even have the opportunity to overpay when we would consciously want to in situation when we would be forced to do so. This is the freedom you are fighting for?

Advertisement