BB Global (English) > screw level 10 PR

screw level 10 PR

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38369.43 in reply to 38369.41
Date: 7/19/2008 12:24:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this sumarizes your point of view quite good, so I choose to focus on it:
an example is paul wesphal who was the coach of the phoenix suns, when the suns didnt want his services anymore, he choose to coach a high school team i think and he transform that team from a mediocre to a team that swept their conference.

the school wasnt known that much, but he did his job

but when they reach the nationals or since they qualified for the higher league the first game they lose and wasnt able to advance further

now this is what i mean, its not about guaranteeing anything but show some damn results of hiring someone good at all.
If I understood the numbers you put out on your previous example, the PR10 actually showed some results for you, however those results where not good enough to finance his extra salary. I do not see why this should be reasonable.

As an example a swedish first division team, M7 Borås, hired Magic Johnson for a season. Of course this was a few years after his career, because during his hey days the club would have gone in bacruptcy just paying the salary for one day. Anyway, even though he was not even close his best, but still he was better then the competition in the swedish first division.

And how did it end? Well, Borås whent in to bacruptcy, as he turned out to be way too expensive despite adding a lot of publicity not to say increased attendance.

Lesson learned: Not even in the highest divisions (in Sweden) it pays off to have a player that isn't even close to the best available player in the world. The same goes for the most expensive PR guy, doctor, coach, etc. Thus, i think it makes sense that in BB to you have to judge if your team is up to the level where the most expensive guy actully pays off.

This Post:
38369.44 in reply to 38369.43
Date: 7/19/2008 1:48:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
a better way to analyze what your saying is this,

the point is magic johnson did his thing that is on the court, whatever happens outside of the basketball court he doesnt or have no responsible to it, meaning his job is to win , make the team turn heads , make a name for the team, make the team notice

those people who needs to put their work together to make the thing a profit didnt exactly did their job rightly, because on the first place they got to analyze how it goes.

they just ask the guy to flew over to them and thats it! its like a prayer " may gad help us " and didnt do the needed amount of work that should be done.

they can give him a contract which the base money is acceptable to him and the others are in terms of bonus or in this case should also allow him to do marketing stuff etc.

he did his job, he did it rightly but those who needs to do other works didnt do their job, so im pointing my team is winning , im the top of my class division i have with me is a level 10 PR guy which is we can say since his level 10 is one of the best and why cant he work with pleasing results

dude! get me clear here, level 10 meaning the best and he does a work of a lower guy! get it straight here. isnt it stupid to hire and pay someone 20k a week and the only thing i see is what! a struggling attendance and merchandise sales that couldnt even hit up! my sales increase is not even 25% of his salary

for i know i was clear with my example on that paul did his job as a nba coach he manage to transform his team of high school nobody's to elite team in their division but just wasnt enough to get to big time.

it sticks to the topic that he was coaching, what he knows from the high level nba game he applied it to this losers to become winners!

now the results are in they swept their division but lose on the qualifying events same as im claiming im not saying my attendance should go up to the cieling and bring teh house down but a slow or gradual increase or decrease and my merchandise sales havent even pick up for 3 weeks wherein it should increase gradually since MY GOD HIS THE PR GUY , he knows marketing and all!!!

also another analogy is actually PR guys working in top division league doesnt have to work so hard, because the team and league itself is already consider a self running marketing team.

so adding a level 10 PR guy to your team is a added boost since he knows the business of how things go, its about maximizing and making ends meet

Last edited by Shoei at 7/19/2008 2:08:45 PM

This Post:
38369.45 in reply to 38369.44
Date: 7/19/2008 2:35:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Wouldn't it be about time to let it go by now?

I mean no offense at all, on contrary! I want to try to help out here.

seriously, to me it looks like you can't sleep anymore at night, constantly cursing your PR manager into hell, or something similar. This game should affect your health to hard.
A little positive stress while watching a game. Sadness when loosing or missing out on a deal, happiness and joy for wins and a buy of a new good talent, it's all part of the game. Being unhappy days and weeks about 1 aspect of the game is not what it was meant for.

If you seriously think that way about this PR manger-thing that's okay, but then fire him and hire a low level one. Don't bother if others spend their money on a thing you find a total waste.
Others should try to convince you who to hire, it's your own free choice, and it also works the other way around.

It's a pitty so few other users rplied here, if only to just give their vision, but maybe they just don't care enough. This discussion is realy prety endless if you ask me.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38369.46 in reply to 38369.45
Date: 7/19/2008 2:49:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the point is the game is new

we need to udnerstand about this

well its not i cant sleep about it! actually this is a way for me to remove my stress from work

i have to get my mind of work at times because its killing me softly

=================================================

its so funny that some people would even say they earn 6 digits money on merchandise sales when hire level 10 guy

even some would brag about full house on high prices

a lot of this people who would say this things probably are just nothing but losers who brags of things that never happens

its really funny

lastly some people here probably couldnt say much because they probably just got into the idea of checking it and cant say anyting

just the notion of hiring and thats it!

while some who can share didnt share probably didnt want to share it since they feel its an edge so to this people @$$#5&$^#&#. . .

its funny! i dont even hear from bb's and other players couldnt give good answers

im not letting go with this, because i dont have the answer

i know you want to help!

THANKS ILL STILL SEE what happens in coming days

This Post:
38369.47 in reply to 38369.46
Date: 7/19/2008 11:12:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My level 10 PR guy has been great. I thank heaven each morning when I wake up for him and his 50-60 thousand in merchandise he brings in each and every week. And for filling my stadium to 90% every game. The one game after I got blown out he still managed to get an 80% full stadium.

Long Live Level 10 PR men!!!

The point is this: If you are unhappy with the performance of a player, cut him or sell him. If you are unhappy with the performance of a staff member, fire him and get a new one.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
38369.48 in reply to 38369.44
Date: 7/20/2008 2:02:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the point is magic johnson did his thing that is on the court, whatever happens outside of the basketball court he doesnt or have no responsible to it, meaning his job is to win , make the team turn heads , make a name for the team, make the team notice
Not really. his biggest inpact was as a publicity stunt (i.e. PR). I bet you that there is no PR guy in the world that is good enough to make international media broadcast even the shortest parts of swedish league games, i.e. even if he contributed both off and on the fieldsdd he was still not worth his money.
those people who needs to put their work together to make the thing a profit didnt exactly did their job rightly, because on the first place they got to analyze how it goes.

they just ask the guy to flew over to them and thats it! its like a prayer " may gad help us " and didnt do the needed amount of work that should be done.
Its sounds like you know a lot of Borås, or are you just guessing to try to prove a point?
they can give him a contract which the base money is acceptable to him and the others are in terms of bonus or in this case should also allow him to do marketing stuff etc.
Ok, you are just guessing. They did use him for a lot of publicity, but the level of the Swedih first league is simply not high enough to make it work, which is exactly my point.
dude! get me clear here, level 10 meaning the best and he does a work of a lower guy! get it straight here. isnt it stupid to hire and pay someone 20k a week and the only thing i see is what! a struggling attendance and merchandise sales that couldnt even hit up! my sales increase is not even 25% of his salary
Yes, if that's what you see it is stupid, and you should then take this wisdom to hire someone that is more valuble for your team. The great thing with this, if you have done your analysis right is that you will suddenly have an advantage on those that just hire a PR10 without calculating.

Finally, I think you wastly exagerate what a RL PR guy can do, even though he "knows marketing and all". Not even the best of the best would make Borås a profitable team, even though they where playing in swedens first division.

Relax mate, and be happy that you thnk you have found out something that will give you an in game advantage over your oponents.

Message deleted
This Post:
38369.50 in reply to 38369.48
Date: 7/22/2008 9:11:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hi, sorry to reply just now. i understand what your pointing out!

you said " Not really. his biggest inpact was as a publicity stunt (i.e. PR). I bet you that there is no PR guy in the world that is good enough to make international media broadcast even the shortest parts of swedish league games, i.e. even if he contributed both off and on the fieldsdd he was still not worth his money. :)
and
"Ok, you are just guessing. They did use him for a lot of publicity, but the level of the Swedih first league is simply not high enough to make it work, which is exactly my point."

my answer is the publicity stunt isnt his thing to do, its like his the weapon, but who uses him, the basketball team that hire him or who does the promotion isnt it the PR guy. so if the one who uses the gun is a complete idiot to an avaerage guy probably even if you use a whole clip you might not even hit 50% on a killing spree.

as i say methods here differs, he might have done his best or all his abilities but its not just working.

so am i to assume that in bb world all level 10 staff doesnt work the same way in giving results, but i once ask why salary differs between level 10 guys of same work and there was who one clearly answered he just ask less, and that there is no hidden skill that differs the higher salary guy to do more results than the one who wants less.

as i pointed out before, im betting thats the number one league in swedish league your pertaining about and compare to nba the market in the swedish world havent got enough supporters and even probably wowed a lot to come and watch. so again this analysis might again fall to the PR guy since he should or can analyze the market already unless on 3 things

1) the guy is not swedish and is new to the swedish market or not familiar
2) his swedish but doesnt know the market share ( he can do analysis believe me)
3.) probably he knows and worked on the numbers but the boss just coudlnt say no to a magic johnson coming to the swedish league. ( why did he hire the guy anyway)

as going back, as i did ask before im claiming that all division 1 leagues in bb's im presume to have the same markets ( all big ), fans , growth opportunity. from your claiming am i correct to assume that it means that not all division 1 have the same market to work with that probably spain, italy , china or wherever has better than mine while i have better markets than lets say for example philippines, japan etc.

because if that is so then case close already! because my level 10 guy is working his ass off on a market than had actually small potential or has reached its soft cap as we use to say.

================================================

magic johnson isnt the PR guy as we speak, but his being use by the teams PR guy. am i pointing out is this guy if he doesnt know how to use magic johnson properly then its a problem.

but are level 10 PR guy assuming even with the highest level in bb world stand to be incompetent on some areas as others do so with other areas of work?

for i know they are all the same.

Last edited by Shoei at 7/22/2008 9:19:46 AM

This Post:
38369.51 in reply to 38369.48
Date: 7/22/2008 9:16:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

im going to say this , im sorry to all but this pisses me off

he said "Yes, if that's what you see it is stupid, and you should then take this wisdom to hire someone that is more valuble for your team. The great thing with this, if you have done your analysis right is that you will suddenly have an advantage on those that just hire a PR10 without calculating. :)"

what can be greater more here in bb world than a level 10 is there a level 11 here?
and your telling that my analysis are wrong? a lot of people are already saying that level 9 isnt as good as level 10. now tell me how do i understand that advantage your claiming . . .

also this post of mne has been here for quite some time and i barely even get a answer that suits or satisfy not just the question but curiosity itself.

i cant seem to see what way your going, because last time i check there is no hidden skill for staffs , please correct me here if im wrong. so what advantage are you saying we are talking about staff here so stick with the topic pls

no offense but i feel right now your all talk back this up please or else i might say something not nice!

because with all your babblings there i cant get any substance at all.

This Post:
38369.52 in reply to 38369.51
Date: 7/22/2008 9:27:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
lastly
you said

"I bet you that there is no PR guy in the world that is good enough to make international media broadcast even the shortest parts of swedish league games, i.e. even if he contributed both off and on the fieldsdd he was still not worth his money. :)"

wow you seem to be an expert in the field of swedish or should i say international media markets tha you can claim this,

pls pls enlighten me more, can i ask what is the probability market that an nba team stands against soccer if there is one nba team to be establish in europe

also another a much simpler thing, what the difference in market prfitabilty in terms of marketing on tv since you said broadcast does a eufa league has over a serie A

oh oh i might be worng since probably the markets are not the same, but you seem an expert.

or one more thing what impact does carlsberg beer has advertising over a soccer league game as a sponsor over just doing commercial TV for a soccer team.

just some of my questions pls!

This Post:
38369.53 in reply to 38369.52
Date: 7/22/2008 9:43:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Cat,what your girl or boyfriend is saying about your new friend called "BB Global Thread screw level 10 PR"?!?..enjoy the game bro!!:-)

Cheers

Advertisement