BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
129389.434 in reply to 129389.433
Date: 2/26/2010 7:08:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i could afford that to, and sorry i saw some spanisch div III or IV teens also trying to get such a silly transfers ;)

And i wouldn't train my rookies, and played with an almost foreign team when the change was released but i could easily react and now have a bunch of german players and they getting more something a small country team can do - because i personally still look for quality and if they fit into my team.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 2/26/2010 7:10:14 PM

This Post:
129389.436 in reply to 129389.433
Date: 2/27/2010 1:46:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(6470627), is from my 1st day on the game. (8238715) the only big man that i bought, for just 100k. Now IS/ID/RE are 14/13/13. So i am training my players. Actually i train only Cypriot players, and i dont even buying trainees...Almost every trainee that i have came from the draft...I am buying guards, and rarely i can find a good enough guard Cypriot for my team. When a couple was on the market, i didnt had enough money...

This Post:
129389.437 in reply to 129389.433
Date: 2/27/2010 3:17:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this debate is silly as it is obvious that there are differences to the game being played by people from countries with different size user bases. One interesting thing I have noticed is that there are no Poles chiming in on this thread, although it is the third largest community in BB. What is their experience? I suppose it is all in how you define advantage. For those in big countries, it appears as though advantage is purely a function of an in-game financial level, while at least this small country manager takes a more holisitic view of the word advantage and sees a far greater advantage to being from a larger country where the competition is more exciting, there is a prospect of promoting and/or relegating, and there is a thriving and vibrant local forum in which to discuss the game and have fun.

I have one player from my original team (season 3) and I started this season with two.

I think that saying "most of the Spanish managers" try to train their rookies might be a generalization, if for no other reason than there are 6000+ Spanish managers. Can you speak for most of them?

Also, what do you consider smaller country? Less than 5000 users? Less than 1000? Less than 300? Because I would like to see that TL analysis rather than here you talk about it. I would be willing to help you gather data.

And in the last few days I have seen Holub go to a Czech team (600+ users) and Pashollari go to a German team (1200+ users), for more than I could afford (and, coincidentally at an hour that I would not be even close to awake).

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 2/27/2010 3:19:17 AM

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
129389.438 in reply to 129389.432
Date: 2/27/2010 7:47:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
One major disadvantage to smaller countries that hasn't been discussed is the impossibility of getting national players through the draft or buying them. It's really easy for Spanish teams to buy whatever type of Spanish player they are looking for, often at a low price, in fact I've seen top Spanish teams whose rosters were nothing but Spanish players. For a team from Thailand or Ukraine to even get a couple of good starters is often impossible. If a top 18 year old prospect is put on the market in one of those countries he would go for millions as teams with deep pockets get in a bidding war, whereas an equal Spanish player might go for 500k instead.

I think that the speech about the national-foreign players is overvaluated when we make a comparison about advantages/disadvantages between great and small countries.
I have in my team 5 national players,3 drafted by my team,and I cash from the merchandisng 39-40k/week(higher than the average of my league)
If you think that this is the great advantage to be in a big country,forgetting all the other things we pointed out in this thread,sorry,but,I don't know where you can see the adavantage to find in the market national players.
Indeed,I have to think that a lot of great players in the market means only that I have to afford much more expenses in the players salaries to play against the managers of these players

This Post:
129389.439 in reply to 129389.438
Date: 2/27/2010 8:31:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But you could, if you wanted to, go out and buy a whole team of Italians. As I write this there are 210 Italians with salaries over $10000 (about what it takes to start on your team) on the TL.
There are 4 Thais of the same caliber. What's more, they are the only four on the TL.

I don't know how much difference it makes to have a local player, your own draftee, or an NT player. It certainly makes some difference.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
129389.440 in reply to 129389.438
Date: 2/27/2010 8:58:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
a small country team, also want quality you could combine quality and additional merchandise income if you like.

I didn't train three own players, ebcause it didn't seem lucrative to me, to make them from crap to quality and start with better trains, but i could still search a big pool of german talents and finished german players. Small country have to buy them foreign, so the absense of good national players, won't reduce the quality of your own league only the possibility of income(which is higher in the beginnign for small country but in the end smaller)

This Post:
129389.441 in reply to 129389.439
Date: 2/27/2010 9:00:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But you could, if you wanted to, go out and buy a whole team of Italians. As I write this there are 210 Italians with salaries over $10000 (about what it takes to start on your team) on the TL.There are 4 Thais of the same caliber. What's more, they are the only four on the TL.

I don't know how much difference it makes to have a local player, your own draftee, or an NT player. It certainly makes some difference.

And this is an advantage?Really?Why it should be an advantage,in a global market?
I don't understand how can it help me,the only difference to have local players is a very little difference(5k/week?) about incomes in merchandising.STOP.It doesn't help me in enjoying the game,it doesn't give me any advantage in economy(read my previous post),it doesn't give me any advantage in game engine(doesn't exist chemistry,the same skill have the same value in the all the bb-world)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/27/2010 9:00:49 AM

This Post:
129389.442 in reply to 129389.441
Date: 2/27/2010 9:12:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so now you argue, that your opponent could make the same and the income + is equal, because your rival have it also ;) But this is afaik your point, against the small country teams.

I agree with you in that case, but i don't see the problem with the small nations and i am pretty sure that i like to play more in italy then in barbados.

This Post:
129389.443 in reply to 129389.437
Date: 2/27/2010 9:16:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think that the merchandising of teams Div III-VI is important compared to the attendance on the arena of some new managers could have in small countrys.
Just ''some'' ACBB merchandising is important compared to the merchandising you could have and most of the team in our first divisions have at least 1 from the begining.

What about the 6370 spanish managers that havent write here? Maybe the main reason that most of our community doesnt write is that they dont know english and they just dont read/write here or havent time enough to do it, but i've seen on Spain forums complainings about the economy, exactly the staff of the teams it was debated on the past, as a thing that have to be improved.

I could consider a big community maybe 1500+ managers? And a middle community to 500-1500. Lower than 500 could be a little community and i repeat that if i do the analysis im sure i would see the inflation produced for small countrys teams, but i dont have time enough at this moment(my team, our nt etc)

This Post:
129389.444 in reply to 129389.443
Date: 2/28/2010 3:21:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just a quick note. Yesterday ive beaten in a bid war from IV Spain team, for PR lvl 4. That team had less than 6k arena, and it still able to spend 320k for PR!

Advertisement