Show messages by
This Post:
20820.44 in reply to 20820.43
Date: 1/16/2009 12:25:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
are you reffering to Experience

if so there is a huge differencce to experience and Basketball IQ

Last edited by GM-ksachs at 1/16/2009 12:26:23 PM

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
20820.45 in reply to 20820.44
Date: 1/16/2009 12:34:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
are you reffering to Experience

if so there is a huge differencce to experience and Basketball IQ

Who says, in the context of BB?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
20820.46 in reply to 20820.45
Date: 1/16/2009 12:51:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
a player who has 10 years of experience has his knowledge of the game improve. It does not mean he understands how to play the game and when to make the correct move. That is usually part of the IQ. You see plenty of young players who come into the league with a better understanding then some talented players who have been around for years.

What BB thinks i have no idea. I would like to know if they wouuld like to respond.

Whats your opionion on this. I want to know how to improve my team so that the right players get the correct shot at the correct time not just shooting whenever they think is a good time.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
20820.47 in reply to 20820.46
Date: 1/16/2009 12:59:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
a player who has 10 years of experience has his knowledge of the game improve. It does not mean he understands how to play the game and when to make the correct move. That is usually part of the IQ. You see plenty of young players who come into the league with a better understanding then some talented players who have been around for years.

Considering this is dealing in artificial intelligence, players wont have a natural, immeasurable IQ. The way it has to be done, under the current structure, is through experience.

Experience in BB does translate to IQ, with more experience equalling better and more appropriate shots, especially in the latter stages of a game.

The way to accomplish what you're looking for is to either build experience on players that you have, or make it a factor in future purchases.

BTW, I have a guy at strong, and he started out pretty low.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
20820.48 in reply to 20820.47
Date: 1/16/2009 2:54:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
they move about 1 number a year and all the rookies i've seen the last 2 years have very low experience so there should be a additional factor or some rookies if they dont already should start with a 3 or 4

This Post:
20820.49 in reply to 20820.47
Date: 1/16/2009 2:54:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BTW, I have a guy at strong, and he started out pretty low.

How low?

This Post:
20820.50 in reply to 20820.41
Date: 1/16/2009 9:41:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Man, I don't want to argue with you. In my last post I used 3 games from yesterday! You don't have any idea of the percentage of close games where the final shot is taken by a go-to player. Your number is conjecture and has no basis in fact. In yesterday's games, it was 1 out of 3. There are all sorts of possible situations, and many factors weghing on the outcome of a possession.

Duncan shooting a three is exactly what you are railing about, except with him you make an exception. You don't know what you are arguing. Tim Duncan is a career 18.9% three point shooter. In the playoffs he shoots 14.3% from behind the arc. Facts are difficult things to argue.

I'm not going to argue you with you anymore. In my last close game the other team's best shooter got the last second three and missed. So obviously the game engine worked right in that example.

I see some questionable possessions in all of my games, but that's hoop. It would be a little boring otherwise.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
20820.51 in reply to 20820.50
Date: 1/17/2009 5:39:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
than i wont keep this going after this. But forget % a good shooter from 20 feet mightnot be from 23. But he can hit a jump shot. That was my point. You dont see Shaq or Howard even looking from beyond 15.

That fact still is that at end of games situations the chances are that your ;ast option or 2 should not take the majority of your shots in the last 30 secs of a game. That is my point and it has happened to my 4 times this year and only once did it work out (that time i was winning the game and thgat might have been my best shot on the paticular day). I'm not saying i win the other games if the correct player takes the shot but it could except the loss easier.

This Post:
20820.52 in reply to 20820.49
Date: 1/17/2009 1:35:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bet he was down around 2 or so.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
20820.53 in reply to 20820.52
Date: 1/17/2009 2:29:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bet he was down around 2 or so.

Whoa. I think the most any of my players have bumped up is 3 levels. That's pretty impressive.