BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The official season 31 "Ask a BB Day Thread"

The official season 31 "Ask a BB Day Thread" (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270207.44 in reply to 270207.40
Date: 5/6/2015 1:14:48 PM
Basket Człuchów
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello Marin!

First of all thanks for Ask a BB Day.

Have you and your BB team consider to change the match view in the near/far future? I know that in some online sports managers you get only a final result which is quite primitive comparing to our Buzzer Beater. I know it will take a looooot of work... I was thinking about something like this: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgZGrgk6FFo)

Since I started this game I'm dreaming about this change so if you already know the answer please wake me up, or maybe not...

You and your team are doing great job! I'm a huge football fan and I was never a bit interested in basketball matches/basketball games so thanks a lot for your product.

Best regards

Last edited by Arielos at 5/6/2015 1:16:51 PM

This Post:
270207.45 in reply to 270207.44
Date: 5/6/2015 1:52:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hey,
i don't know if this was already asked.. in that case im'm sorry :) ..

i'd just like to know how do you set a the pool of draftees ... do you make a certain number of (let's say) 18yo hall of famers with a high salary and then spread them around the leagues in the country?

i'd appreciate it if u could share some intel about this :)
thanks!

This Post:
270207.47 in reply to 270207.32
Date: 5/6/2015 2:18:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Regarding Free Agents, I asked in last season's Ask a BB day this:

For example, lowering the salary limits of Free Agents? Or adding more FA due to their total skill points and not salary (a lot of good players are lost because they are too cheap for their true value).

And you replied this:

And yes, we still believe salary to be a fitting measure of a players worth in this case.

So, congratulations and thank you for rethinking your approach and taking appropriate measures.

But today's answer in a previous post...

First of all, we don't use salary as a FA parameter at all now, we replaced it with a total skill count. The limit for 18 yo players varies a bit based on player potential, where high potential lowers it (hall of famers and all-time greats needing the lowest skill count). I cannot/don't want to disclose the exact numbers, you'll have to figure that out yourselves. I know this doesn't help NT managers, but with some research and over time, you'll figure it out, I'm sure. Until then, you'll have to continue "saving" the important ones. Also, the fact that there's now even a possibility of having a nice 18yo FA is a big plus for all NTs.

...is absurd and unacceptable. I'm sorry, revealing the parameters is not something we should figure out. FA are part of this game's rules and it should be clarified and not let the users determine it like GDP or PP100. I urge you to rethink again and state us how and when a player is gonna be FA. Right now in the manual there are specific rules about FA (outdated of course, it even says 1.000.000$ is the limit and we all know it's been tweaked to 500.000 2-3 seasons ago), everybody needs to know this.

This Post:
270207.48 in reply to 270207.30
Date: 5/6/2015 2:35:16 PM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
4) Someone speaks about JS improved, but no official speaks in the S31 news. What you can tell about it?

4) Nothing. Who's someone? What is he saying?

i refer to some user, not an official developer. I like to have official position. Thank you.

This is the 3d (269954.1)

It seems Ask is used as "suggest", instead of the "common meaning", if you gave no clear answer game related, or not?
I refuse to comment on allegations made based on one match. As a statistician, you should why.
As for the last sentence you wrote, I don't understand the question.

I post a reply, where i used my first new season PL match against a recent (last friday before playoff) S30 PL match with same opponent, with similar condition, to take an example of "variety" of 3pt shooting. This is not the truth, i know one data is not a pool, but one data is the only thing i had when the 3d opened. Instead of receive your opinion about "as a statistician", i asked only the official position, before, eventually, starting to study.

and is very funny to read this

've made some minor adjustments which may or may not have affected some shooting percentages (threes in this case). We are still trying to determine if and how much these changes affected the percentages. We did it to all match types and will continue to do so, altering things little by little.

So, probably it's my error about speaking of JS, but you're doing changes and we don't know anything.
other things, you're "work in progress" with these adjustement and we are making experience of something which can change next game?

do you really want to take care of the users despite you're doing something without a short message of advertise?

and what does it means? i'm doing a team which today can score 50% by 3pt and tomorrow can do 30% only because of your changes?

Second question i try to rewrite:

What do you want to say with "Ask to BB"

Because i can ask but:

GE question are forbidden due to "policy" or we have to figure it by ourselves
Future question you don't feel like it at the moment (i refer to answers you gave to me)
Increasing users and future ads "we can't speak here"
App "we're starting".

So, you used the word "ask" in title of the topic in what sense?

ask to implement a suggestion or ask a question about BB-world?

because it seems the 1st case here.

and, but this is just my opinion, your communication for now is lacking and i'm very disappointed about it. But the solution is simple, by me. I can stop to participate and solve all, because i'm one, you're 22k.

Have good work...

This Post:
270207.49 in reply to 270207.22
Date: 5/6/2015 3:17:40 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

2. And can you please officially clear the question mark about the "Inside" /"Outside" in the Isolation Tactics. What is the meaning of it? Does it mean the place where the isolation will happen or does it mean the players who will do it?

i support this question

This Post:
270207.50 in reply to 270207.49
Date: 5/6/2015 3:41:47 PM
Dirty Ducks
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:

2. And can you please officially clear the question mark about the "Inside" /"Outside" in the Isolation Tactics. What is the meaning of it? Does it mean the place where the isolation will happen or does it mean the players who will do it?

i support this question

Marin already answered:
2. The place. The players are chosen depending on their skills.

This Post:
270207.51 in reply to 270207.50
Date: 5/6/2015 3:42:55 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
nice, thanks
i couldn't find it

This Post:
270207.53 in reply to 270207.51
Date: 5/6/2015 4:03:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Is Driving only useful at offensive end? Does Driving help to get offensive rebounds?
Please give overview or more hints how tactics prediction works?
How and when players benefit the most from good/better than opponent's stamina?
Is there programmed some lucky/unlucky day chances for players?

This Post:
270207.54 in reply to 270207.32
Date: 5/6/2015 4:29:37 PM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Thanks ;)

Marin I'd like to ask about what I consider the "worst" aspect of this game.

1) I wanna have an homegrown team but with this draft it's impossible; I'd like to have the possibility to spend tons of money but at the same time having the 99% to have a decent drafted player, I don't talk only about skills, I'm referring above all to his potential. Do you think one day the draft will be revised or random will continue to win?

2) there are some tactics that are completely useless. Probably it's also our fault, we didn't understand how to build the roster to play with pressure for example, but if no one understood maybe you should give us an advice in order to use all the tactics we've at the moment

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
Advertisement