Nervous much???

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
244047.45 in reply to 244047.44
Date: 6/18/2013 8:02:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I've noticed is this:

V. Moravčević (H) reaches up and tries to tip it in, as R. Jamon (A) rotates over and alters his shot. Shot blocked.

C. Felizarta (A) attempts a jump-shot from the wing, as P. Nalzaro (H) rotates over and alters his shot. Shot blocked.

Guards and Small Forwards seems to be leaving their assignments and running to block bigman shots. First one was a PG blocking a PF while the second was a SF blocking another PF. Those were from two different games. I've never noticed guards rotating to block shots before so forgive me if my observation is incorrect.

Played M2M btw. First guard had Inept SB while the SF had mediocre SB.

Last edited by Lolo Smithz at 6/18/2013 8:05:35 PM

This Post:
244047.46 in reply to 244047.45
Date: 6/18/2013 8:17:20 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
Interesting observation in a MTM. Had there already been time-outs (meaning...could defense have shifted to a zome?)

To avoid publication bias I decided I would post about my 3-2 zone and blocks here whatever the outcome. I had 5 blocks which is 1 more than in my last game with MTM (but I also had better shotblockers as big men). My opponent who played 2-3 zone had 8 blocks. Of course these number don't say much by itself, just wanted to share so we don't only see matches that conform to the general idea or extreme matches.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
This Post:
244047.47 in reply to 244047.46
Date: 6/18/2013 8:22:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we don't see everything that goes behind the scenes all the computations of the GE. If you observe the number of blocks in the game sometimes it doesn't come out saying your player blocked a certain player but in the stats line the block is there.

But take note both PF my guard and SF blocked were not high salaried PF's. Only in the 20k salary range.

This Post:
244047.48 in reply to 244047.47
Date: 6/18/2013 8:38:44 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
I checked my game as well but since all players have reasonable salaries of course the blocks were not onlow salary players. I did notice a blocked 3 point shot though:

T. Wensing (A) fires up a three-point shot from the corner, guarded closely by S. Valencia (H). Shot blocked.

Did this happen before as well? (Probably yes, but I might not have paid attention before)

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough

This Post:
244047.49 in reply to 244047.48
Date: 6/18/2013 8:47:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've seen it happen a few times in my games, so it's not a surprise to me.

This Post:
244047.51 in reply to 244047.50
Date: 6/19/2013 4:05:05 AM
Infested Warriors
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I just wish they would tweak the salary formula on SB, and especially JR.

What is there to tweak on it? It actually is very cheap as it is. JR though is real expensive as it is and i wouldnt mind a minor tweak to its price.

Inside Shot formula for SF need a tweak, the main reason for inside tactic's domination

EDIT: Salary and potential formula

Last edited by Mod-Infested at 6/19/2013 4:05:58 AM

This Post:
244047.52 in reply to 244047.22
Date: 6/19/2013 4:59:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Granted, think of it like this...

You sit down at the table for a game of poker.

Its $100 a hand.

I announce that I have switched the number of cards in teh deck, and the amount of types of some cards. I give you some vague hint that clubs are suppose to be stronger as a result.

Are you gonig to wait till you lose a few thousand dollars over the course of several hands to draw conclusions about what has been changed??? Or are you gonna start wtih guesswork till you got the cards counted.

Hence the title 'nervous'

haha...ur BB knowledge is over average but we can bookmark that ur poker knowledge is way over the sky...classic wolph :P

This Post:
244047.53 in reply to 244047.20
Date: 6/19/2013 10:46:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The way I see it, stats like blocks are just like plays like "goes inside and switches hand mid-air for a dunk". They only have very little to do with the game ENGINE. they're part of the game viewer, or the viewing experience if you will, and that includes the box scores.

So it may very well be, that despite the effectiveness of shot blocking increasing in terms of FINAL SCORE, it has no visible impact anywhere else.

If you think it's stupid, well, yes it kind of is, but that's how this game is built. A program takes a few parameters for a game like the outcome, the final score (hopefully) and half a dozen (probably) other things like average level of starters and bench, probably weighted towards starters, and from that it just "invents" a scenario and presents it to you as what happened.

The main point is, box scores and game commentary and shot charts don't probe the game engine at different moments during the game to see what happened and report it to you, don't necessarily respect the same basketball philosophy the GE uses.

That said, it's probably a good idea, if they're going to increase the importance of shotblocking, that they change the box scores, especially individual ratings and player matchup opponent's ppp. Increasing blocks per game, doesn't necessarily make sense though: maybe attacking players have an exaggerated tendency to avoid shooting close to a shotblocker, plus, a shotblocker can make you miss without actually blocking the ball.

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
244047.55 in reply to 244047.54
Date: 6/19/2013 1:43:52 PM
Infested Warriors
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Well if your going to keep the player a SF with lots of IS you need to add even more JS to the mix. And then salary goes up. If you dont add much JS he will be a PF and thus still have his salary increased by the JS he has above the range where he turns from C to PF.
What needs to be looked at maybe is the OD cost of a PF and i agree on JR to.

Nope.
The current salary/potential formula punish outside SF. It's true that JS it's the main skill, but if not accompanied by either JR no IS the SF is almost (offensive) worthless. What we see it's pure inside focus SF.
In this game the kind of NBA player like Mike Miller or Iman Shumpert does not exist.
It's ridiculous that IS it's almost free.

Advertisement