BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Growing BB (Referrals)

Growing BB (Referrals)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67615.45 in reply to 67615.43
Date: 1/9/2009 3:54:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can see that there could be an alternative to PL games and allow people to play 1 arcade style game a week.

I am sorry, and people will try to argue whether it makes a difference or not, I think it does and it is MY OPINION!!!! don't need to hear whether I am right or not :) or hear about 500 exceptions to the rule. I am giving my opinion thinking about general situation...

but I think that allowing people to play unlimited games would cause a problem for the BB developers. The games need to be run on hardware, allowing anyone to play at anytime, would need ALOT more resources that need to be paid for secondly they would need to reprogram all the servers etc to make it possible to set up these extra games. Alot off extra work and most people will want it that aren't even a supporter and aren't paying.

Secondly, it would give you a chance to play many different tactics, and many different players in different positions etc. This is nice for the people that have plenty off time, but gives an unfair adventage towards players that have a lot off time. (I would have the time or make the time, so I am not talking for myself, but the game should stay fair)

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/9/2009 3:55:50 AM

This Post:
67615.47 in reply to 67615.44
Date: 1/9/2009 4:20:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can challenge me next time. I'll play you ;) I think you might even have a stronger team than me judging from your players salary.

This Post:
67615.48 in reply to 67615.46
Date: 1/9/2009 4:21:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hope this is an open discussion and I am allowed to ask a question. I am not critisizing your ideas...

with regards to auto scrimmage: this would mean that you for example would invite me for a scrimmage and without me accepting it, it would automatically be accepted? whether I want to play against you or not? (this is the way how I read it) Maybe I wouldn't want to play the team that sets up the scrimmage against me, but want to play my newly recruited buddies.

Secondly it might be very highly unlikely, but there might be a team or 2 out there that in order not to mess up their training for a certain week, they might not even want to play a scrimmage.

A scrimmage databank like hattrick is using would be nice. Where you sign up to have the system find a scrimmage for you.

also myself, you and several other people have mentioned a buzzerbeater lineup assistant would be good... (whether it is an internal or external tool)

Most off your ideas I totally agree with.

Last edited by Astragoth at 1/9/2009 4:27:14 AM

This Post:
67615.50 in reply to 67615.48
Date: 1/9/2009 4:39:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A scrimmage databank like hattrick is using would be nice. Where you sign up to have the system find a scrimmage for you.

I have to agree with you. Sounds like the best option. I have not played HT (the only one in here?), but is that in addition to how it works now? Sometimes I just need a game, but other times I like to choose certain teams (friends/flag chase/specific countries to estimate my country's competability, etc ).

Another thing to think about is that in lower leagues the activity level is very low, and I remember my first season, that were quite boring since there were so many bot teams. However, since I got promoted I didn't have to worry more about it. But what about the remaining human teams. I think that bot removal, should as much as possible be saved until the playoffs are over, so even more human teams (maybe a timecap: must have been playing for one month or something) can be promoted. That way it would not be unfair for those that are left in lower divisions, whereas now new players often starts above them. That could take the spirit out of anyone...

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 1/9/2009 4:51:19 AM

This Post:
67615.51 in reply to 67615.49
Date: 1/9/2009 4:50:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok, i did understand you correctly...

you do understand that this would put a huge strain on the BB developers? all the games need to be run and calculated. So a limit is a good idea. I think it would expose certain teams, like you are saying yourself (when I understand you correctly).

So when I don't want to play this auto scrimmage. Who would pick my team????

This Post:
67615.52 in reply to 67615.50
Date: 1/9/2009 4:52:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah we have several options to find a scrimmage/friendly in hattrick...

A special forum as we have on BB. (but still it was hard to find a game).

Challenging your friends.

Or signing up for the friendly database. I have never used it. But it makes it a lot easier to find friendly games. The amount off friendly games has risen by alot according to the hattrick developers.

This Post:
67615.54 in reply to 67615.53
Date: 1/9/2009 5:10:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so the reasoning by your idea is flawed... sorry to say. again not trying to argue, just trying to give you another view. Let me explain. Your main idea behind the automatic scrimmage (which is a great Idea, I like it, just don't think it is implementable the way you would like it) was to let your team play against another to compare your own strength to theirs. I play not every game my best team, I play to give my best players the most minutes. so the last game might not be my best team, it could even be players bought for $1000 just to have some sort off backup. So it would no longer be a test against the others team best team.

You can't let the coach select the best possible team either, because some players might not even know what it is and you would help/give them an unfair advantage by letting them find out.

it would be a strain on the servers because you would want this to run as an extra game, not instead the PL and make it available to everyone to use. there will/could be a lot more games than PL games and it would be at another time so it would be extra work.

This Post:
67615.55 in reply to 67615.19
Date: 1/9/2009 5:15:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the ideas you've mentioned so far. I get the sense that the biggest issue is the complexity of the game (I'd call it a complaint, but it also seems that our experienced players enjoy the complexity).

Do you think it would be a good idea to create an assistant coach who could help players with some of these things? One of the concerns here, of course, is that if we make a coach like this, I think we'd have to make it permanently available.

So, for example, would you like to have a "set best lineup" button on the tactics page? I'm worried that if we give such a button, then either it would turn out to be really good, in which case setting tactics might cease to be interesting, or it would turn out not to be so good, in which case players would feel that we're misleading them.

For example, a common question from new players is "Which of these players is my best small forward?", but the correct answer to that question is "it depends upon my team's philosophy".

What do you think?

Please don't add a "best line up" - Button, that would destroy the fun of playing around in excel or setting up.. maybe just make it more clear which skills are good for which position and how the combination with tactics and those skills can work out.

Advertisement