BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Would someone like to explain...?

Would someone like to explain...?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
8033.45 in reply to 8033.38
Date: 12/2/2007 5:42:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There seem to be a million "how did I loose?!?!??!" threads around, it gets frustrating. The easiest (not the best in some cases) answer is to remind people that there is indeed a random factor.

As a moderator on multiple sites and lists I empathize - getting bombarded with multiple threads on the same subject can be tiresome - but it also, usually, highlights a problem.

To be honest, I would not have posted this thread in the first place if all of the pieces added up in my mind. Losing is not a problem for me - it was the specific circumstances that perplexed me - a bot 2 levels lower, a Cup game in mid-rounds, an obvious team rating and talent discrepancy, etc.

I'm a fairly new player here (end of last season) - and on Hattrick the idea of a decent-strength team losing to a bot from two levels lower is nigh-impossible.

Of course this is a different game - and as a new game it has its own idiosyncrasies and growing pains.

Anyhow - a more detailed response would definitely have helped. Especially since even though YOU may have read a zillion, seemingly identical threads, I haven't unfortunately ;)

But all is good - I've refocused myself on opening up my team, and that individual game is history. Might as well consider this issue closed and we can all move on :)

This Post:
8033.46 in reply to 8033.45
Date: 12/2/2007 9:10:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have the same problem with understanding that I lost my game..

skillers (oponent)

Offensive Strategy: Base Offense
Defensive Strategy: Man to Man

Outside Scoring: awful (medium)
Inside Scoring: inept (low)
Perimeter Defense: pitiful (high)
Inside Defense: awful (low)
Rebounding: awful (medium)
Offensive Flow: awful (medium)

Wix twix (me)

Offensive Strategy: Base Offense
Defensive Strategy: 2-3 Zone

Outside Scoring: awful (high)
Inside Scoring: inept (medium)
Perimeter Defense: inept (low)
Inside Defense: inept (high)
Rebounding: mediocre (low)
Offensive Flow: inept (low)

... can enyone tell me why?... okay, maybe he is somehow better in FT and a little bit in 3PTs, but I had much MORE better ratings...

This Post:
8033.47 in reply to 8033.46
Date: 12/2/2007 12:20:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the ratings arent that much better, sure on paper you appear to be the better team, but you are both still evenly matched.

to say you had MORE better ratings implies that you were better on paper a minimum 3+ levels, this game your def was 1 level better than his off, and your off just a level better than his def.

maybe playing a faster paced offence to take advantage of the rebounding edge might have helped you more.

This Post:
8033.48 in reply to 8033.45
Date: 12/2/2007 5:26:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To be honest, I would not have posted this thread in the first place if all of the pieces added up in my mind. Losing is not a problem for me - it was the specific circumstances that perplexed me - a bot 2 levels lower, a Cup game in mid-rounds, an obvious team rating and talent discrepancy, etc.

This really is wrong though and it's been said many times, you're team just wasn't that much better. Get over the 2 levels better/talent discrepancy stuff as is the gap between your two teams just isn't there.

In HT, if you line up two teams with ratings that are mostly "wretched/poor" w/ a couple "weaks" against each other and anything can happen.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
8033.49 in reply to 8033.46
Date: 12/2/2007 5:37:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
... can enyone tell me why?... okay, maybe he is somehow better in FT and a little bit in 3PTs, but I had much MORE better ratings...

FT's stand out, and they had one player that really did damage against you, Miroslav Zak, who hit for 30+ and 5/10 3pts. He was lined up against your player, Norbert Smidl (SF). How is his outside defense?

This Post:
8033.50 in reply to 8033.49
Date: 12/3/2007 3:38:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Smidl´s outside defense is awful :( but he played as shooting guard (SG), not SF... I played Jan Legrand on SF position, who has average outside defense...

This Post:
8033.51 in reply to 8033.50
Date: 12/3/2007 3:47:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
right, and the player that lit it up was at shooting guard against your awful outside defender.

Edited by brianjames (12/3/2007 3:47:58 PM CET)

Last edited by brian at 12/3/2007 3:47:58 PM

This Post:
8033.52 in reply to 8033.51
Date: 12/3/2007 4:27:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey there

I lost a few games and I have problems understanding why? I think its always the same problem, but i didnt find out yet what to do.. Damn, I am loosing against bots most the time and i never play it easy I am Otmar Basket.. please help, so i can improve my game..

(1214107)
(1214156)
(1214167)
(1214175)
(1214183)

IMHO I should have won these games, i had better ratings.. I am starting to believe, that there is a pretty big random factor in this game. Out of 11 Games i won 4 and lost 7. Out of this seven I was at least 5 times stronger. The other two losses are okay to my eyes.

Please Help, i have the feeling, that i do something wrong in this game.. My Coach is level 9, also PR and Doctor.

Thanxxxxx,

Findal

This Post:
8033.53 in reply to 8033.52
Date: 12/3/2007 4:31:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
For the most part, the difference in the ratings were not that great, and with similar ratings the games are going to be very close.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
8033.54 in reply to 8033.53
Date: 12/3/2007 4:50:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thx for the Answer Juice ;)

I dont mind close games and to loose, but out of 7 losses this season i was 5 times the better team and the other two losses i was about as strong as my opponent. The games I won i was clearly better... That gives my the feeling, that it doenst make any sense to analize the opponent every time and put your team to win.. because if you are not clearly better like Celtics compared to Philly , just better like the New Jersey compared to New York, then the chance to loose is still very very high.

It s kind of frustrating, in my Group, the Play-Off spots are all held by bots.. kind of weird. Realistic to me would be stats of 7 wins to 4 losses, i have stats of 4 wins to 7 losses. I explain 4 losses. 2 are okay and 2 losses out of five games against worse teams can happen.

I hope that changes somewhen. In Switzerland two bots are in the quarter finals of the cup as another example. Sorry for my english.

Regards,

Findal

This Post:
8033.55 in reply to 8033.54
Date: 12/3/2007 5:01:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there was a more extreme gap in the ratings, then you could expect to win just about every one of those games.

The ratings were close enough, however, that an individual performance could end up trumping that, and it appears to be the case.

It is unlucky, of course, and that does suck, but the luck will run in your favor at some point.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement