Help - English > hyper-inflation?

hyper-inflation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268635.47 in reply to 268635.43
Date: 4/10/2015 1:02:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

How about a serious look at the problem for a change? Or at least be honest enough to admit you either don't see the problem with the overpricing of players, or just that you like it because it benefits the daytraders and teams at the top. You can say that without fearing that the problem will go away -- it won't. But if you would stop denying it and mocking people's suggestions, maybe there would be a climate conducive to people working constructively to help BB.

You said:
I say no, too much cash chasing too few worthwhile players is the root of the problem.

So, how do you fix that? You can either remove cash - which leads to all the questions I asked about "from whom?". You can make it so people don't want to buy those players any longer - which of course leads to the question of "how?" Or you can increase the supply of players.

Maybe defending the game from anything perceived as a threat is part of being a GM, like a mama bear defending her cubs.

You can accuse me of refusing to admit flaws in BB all you like, but you know that's a b.s. argument as you've seen me consistently say the substitution system for example is horribly flawed, and that I was far more willing to discuss alternatives to the current training regimen than a mama bear would be. And you keep resorting to this line of argument because you simply can not come away from:

I say no, too much cash chasing too few worthwhile players is the root of the problem.

You have no response because there is none, short of more players. Which is why the FA discussion at least made some sense - I disagreed, but at least that's a logical solution to a perceived problem.

No matter how little or how much cash there is, if the player supply is sufficiently low, people will spend what they have. People who have more money (because of higher level revenues or old balances) will have more. They will profit. They will thrive.

If there are more players, prices recede.

If prices are rising and you fear not having the money to pay them, then create the players yourself.

The guy who spent time training his players matters just as much as you do. And robbing him to keep prices low for you is just as wrong as it would be robbing you to keep my team afloat.

It's a shame that you can actually realize the root of the problem and focus so much on things incidental to the problem.

Have I made my point yet? Supply and demand involves demand and supply.

I agree. Since we're in agreement, I think there's nothing left to say. Except maybe...

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 4/10/2015 1:02:42 PM

This Post:
268635.48 in reply to 268635.47
Date: 4/10/2015 1:23:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Mike has been dropped ...

This Post:
268635.49 in reply to 268635.47
Date: 4/10/2015 1:23:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's agree on this:
So, how do you fix that? ... you can increase the supply of players.
That would be a step in the right direction.
... and I quit talking to a brick wall on everything else.

This Post:
268635.50 in reply to 268635.49
Date: 4/10/2015 1:26:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sir...the Mike was already dropped. We cannot count your latest response.

This Post:
268635.51 in reply to 268635.46
Date: 4/10/2015 1:26:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perpete is talking about "money" in the BB game.

A team 1$ in red or a team 499,999$ in red are not pumping money into anything except outside of BB.

Riiiiight ...

This Post:
268635.52 in reply to 268635.51
Date: 4/10/2015 2:01:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Continue to just crib small snippets to demonstrate your complete lack of understanding. I'm sure it helps your psyche.

This Post:
268635.53 in reply to 268635.52
Date: 4/10/2015 2:31:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh, Alec, gooood contribution!

This Post:
268635.56 in reply to 268635.55
Date: 4/10/2015 3:25:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Popcorn.gif

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement