Bugs, bugs, bugs > Wrong formation/enthusiasm used

Wrong formation/enthusiasm used

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
26712.48 in reply to 26712.20
Date: 10/9/2008 12:36:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry if I missed this one, but I didn't see any explanation to this report yet:
I've played "Strictly Follow Depth Chart" in order to get enough minutes for my trainees, BUT -- -- Game engine -- -- put on the floor players that weren't even in the depth chart(???).

There's a new report by a user in Suomi on this subject. This has happened to him before and now he's very sure it's not a mistake on his part.

Here're the details:

In today's scrimmage (8120467) two players who were not selected to the depth chart ((4214570) and (4214573)) played in total 7 minutes as SF. The coach was told to strictly follow the depth chart. No injuries or players thrown out of the game. In any case, there were two "legal picks" for the SF position, so a single injury or foul trouble shouldn't get the coach too confused to follow orders. Yet he plays not 2 or even 3, but 4 different players as SF.

The other team outscored this team by a large margin, so we feel this is simply a case of blowout. However, what puzzles us is whether the coach should be bringing in guys outside the depth chart when he's explicitly told to follow it strictly. Is this an undocumented feature or a bug? If it is the former, can we force the coach to not screw up training minutes by allocating no players outside the depth chart (in case no injuries etc.)?

This Post:
26712.49 in reply to 26712.48
Date: 10/9/2008 12:59:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not a bug at all, but just the way several features combined.

As you point out, one of the reasons for that is blowout. Blowout means that no starter will play in the fourth quarter.

Second, the backup SF had 5 fouls, which is enough to qualify as being in foul trouble in the fourth quarter. Therefore, he was pulled, and the reserve at the position were subbed in.

After some time, the third reserve got tired, so he had to be replaced: but he couldn't be replaced by the starter (blowout), or the backup (foul trouble). In cases like this the coach usually pulls the most suitable player from the ones that are on a roster, but are unassigned.

The reason why this pick happens? Again, all starters are off limits because of the blowout, and all the backups are already on the court, so all that's left is unassigned players.

Hope this made some sense.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
26712.50 in reply to 26712.49
Date: 10/9/2008 2:32:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This week´s trainning to the rubbish :(
I´ve played my scrimmage and what happened with my centers was more than strange. I set "Strictly Follow Depth Chart" and my starter center played 47 min (he his a SG and his stamina is level 7), and my backup center played 1 min (he´s usually the starter) :||||||.

I have been playing almost 3 seasons and this is the first time that a backup player plays less than 8-9 mins.

The result: My SG has played 98 min this week and the C 36 ----> Stupid Trainning :(

PS: i checked the lineup so I didn´t make any mistake.

This Post:
26712.51 in reply to 26712.49
Date: 10/10/2008 1:28:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
and the reserve at the position were subbed in.

After some time, the third reserve got tired, so he had to be replaced: but he couldn't be replaced by the starter (blowout), or the backup (foul trouble). In cases like this the coach usually pulls the most suitable player from the ones that are on a roster, but are unassigned.

Yep, this is what we pretty much assumed in BB Suomi forum.

In this particular case there was no reserve set (or either the starter or backup was set as reserve), so the third and fourth player were both unassigned players.

The question remains: How to tackle this? Is it enough to not have any unassigned players, so the coach would have to play the guy in foul trouble -- or will he then simply select a player from another position (and effectively not strictly follow the depth chart)?

This Post:
26712.52 in reply to 26712.51
Date: 10/10/2008 4:09:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i've heard something like that happening before already but now the game engine totally messed up my game plan also. two of the players that i set in starting five did not start and they only got couples minutes of play time. I checked if i myself was wrong by using the same game plan in my other mach and then it was all ok. as i said it is not the first time it has happened. i wonder if someone could fix that problem

This Post:
26712.53 in reply to 26712.52
Date: 10/22/2008 2:54:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

In my last game i used as Substitutions:

Depth Chart unitl 4th.

I put my best player as PG Backup. Surprisingly he appears as a starter PG.

Before 4th period starts I was winning by 40 points. All my starters went to the bench but him continues to play...it seems that the program consider him as a Backup (although he has the "S" from starter).

My match was: (6948421)

Hope this helps catching the bug,

Byes

This Post:
26712.54 in reply to 26712.53
Date: 10/25/2008 7:50:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

I have been done the formation, but when the game started the players that I had been selected were not in the field, so I am lossen an easy gme and the people will not come the next game and I will lose money,
I just want and answerd and a solution because i feel really bad... thanks...

This Post:
26712.56 in reply to 26712.55
Date: 11/6/2008 2:03:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure if the bug is related to the new game engine or to the 'depth chart until 4th' selection but here is the story (todays scrimmage (8147986):
- Cinelli, selected as PF backup was in fact set as starter (with the 's' next to his name) and played 33 minutes.
- Onnis, the C starter played only 17 minutes and his backup Moya 31 (23 minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter), with no problems of fouls whatsoever (Onnis finished the game with 0 fouls). Moya entered after only 45 seconds of game and started the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

No mistake from my side, as I can verify the tactics chosen by loading them for a future game.

Not nice the week before the PO finals!

This Post:
26712.58 in reply to 26712.57
Date: 11/25/2008 1:20:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Same thing happened to me.... I definetly set another lineup for my match and I checked it more than once. Now I will have a very big problem with the gameshape next week... I dont care about the loss today, but the gamechape makes me angry. I don't know if there is anything that could be done.

greetings from germany
yogi

Advertisement