BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
283130.49 in reply to 283130.44
Date: 12/9/2016 9:44:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have always been a fan of all-around players. It's what allows for flexibility when it comes to setting up lineups and tactics. I like the mix of players that have been recently used in the NT. To be honest though, I do not have any specific players in mind as I have not had the time to look into it (although for some reason I'm a big fanboy of Ismael De La Berrera and like how he's shaping up lol). I finished up my last exam though so I have much more time going forward. What I will be looking for in players is versatility. I think this is what will give us the biggest advantage.

Another thing I really appreciate in players is high stamina. I remember talking about this last debate with Isaiah and him mentioning that we just did not have the players with that high of a stamina to choose from. I hope to be able to convince managers of older players to sneak in a couple weeks worth of stamina training as long as it does not interfere with their own plans and they are willing. In fact, it should help their own team out. Players play at a higher level as their stamina levels increase and it is very noticeable in the ratings. I know this not just from theory but experience, as that was what my team was built on for its run to the NBBA.

This Post:
283130.50 in reply to 283130.45
Date: 12/9/2016 9:50:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I am a fan of flexibility and will definitely be running a mix of tactics. I feel this is what would give us the biggest advantage. Being unpredictable is always a plus when coming up against a talented opponent. I will definitely be building on this.

Regarding your second question, my biggest goal (besides winning) is uniting our community. I think the disconnect between offsite and onsite users a big reason we have seen a drop off of people involved with the NT. I want to get the onsite people more involved because I know there are people out there with valuable input. I want every single manager to be valued and succeed. I would like to set up a Federation and communicate through there. I know this is limited to people with supporter but it will be a good start. I would love to have more discussion with onsite people and will use it to post any info shared on the offsite. Having discussions on the offsite excludes those on the onsite with valuable opinions.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
283130.56 in reply to 283130.55
Date: 12/10/2016 10:38:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just finished up my last college exam and am graduating next week. No more studying or homework getting in the way. I don't start working until early January so essentially I have a month to get familiarized with everything. Even when I do start working, I will have much more time to devote as compared to college. Also on top of this, I'm cutting back on my own team so whatever BB time I spent for my team will now be given to the NT and other related stuff.

I think time wise, I'm in a good position for these upcoming two seasons.

This Post:
283130.57 in reply to 283130.56
Date: 12/11/2016 10:18:01 AM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
North Korea will have a more competitive presidential race than this. come on man let the troll have his fun he's just riffing on Trump. this game is built upon snark and being tongue-in-cheek anyway, look at how the players are drawn up

as for the man that it appears will be taking the reins it's great you want to give all your energy but it's buzzerbeater bro I mean it's admirable you want to sacrifice your regular Squad and just focus on the national team but it's buzzer beater bro.

and to those who get bent out of shape about the performance of the national team it is great you feel such Pride in the community and your country to care like you do but come on now its buzzerbeater

This Post:
283130.58 in reply to 283130.57
Date: 12/11/2016 12:02:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I get what you're saying but why is it wrong for people to take this game seriously? Some people don't think this is just buzzerbeater. Why do people go crazy over Call of Duty, FIFA, 2k, etc.? There are people on there who literally take those games as a way of life and will rage and swear the whole time. I've never met more angry people and want to be successful in every match. To me it's just a game but I understand and respect that some people take it seriously. So why is that a problem here? I haven't met someone on here like those guys in the other games I mentioned. Let them take the game serious. Some people have been around BB for many years.

Also as far as the Trump parody, we've already seen that the past couple of elections (I admit, me being one of them at the beginning but then actually taking the debate seriously and contributing useful ideas). At least be original.

Last edited by Dwight Coward at 12/11/2016 12:28:43 PM