Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
324280.50 in reply to 324280.49
Date: 6/19/2024 3:59:20 AM
Squarauz Team
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Such a great news! Best of luck to Spicy Sparks!
Congratulazioni e in bocca al lupo BB-Marco!

This Post:
324280.51 in reply to 324280.50
Date: 6/19/2024 4:37:02 AM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats! :)

But I am fan of simple things and simple visualisation. The site to be light, simple and easy. I am not sure with the new visualisation what will happen exactly but I dont want it to be hard for the browser. Saying that, maybe you should give the possibility for users to use the old interface ???

This Post:
324280.53 in reply to 324280.1
Date: 6/19/2024 6:21:22 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hearing this news makes me a bit scared.

More developers mean higher salaries, and usually, companies want to recoup their investments.
Although the officials have guaranteed this, it still worries me how they will increase revenue.

For example, there's no restriction on pickup games between the main team and the second team, which I can't really accept.

In the future, will players have more attributes, like each skill having a potential parameter that affects the speed of training that skill, and then through a new draft mechanism, you have to pay to get the type of player you want?
I don't like this kind of gacha-style approach.

In the past, I thought I would keep playing BB until BB stopped operating or I died.
But now there's a new possibility: I might quit BB.

I hope my worries don't come true.

This Post:
324280.54 in reply to 324280.49
Date: 6/19/2024 6:21:47 AM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I see BB-Marco is talking on Discord about increasing the pace of the game and that BB feels "like a 2008 game and that needs to be changed".

However, that's exactly what makes Buzzerbeater more and more unique and that should be preserved at all costs.

This "feels like 2008" kind of reasoning reminds me of people who buy historic houses with vintage architecture and then rebuild the façade in order to make it "more modern" and then turn their unique real estate into something equal to all of their neighbours.

It reminds me also of that movie The Social Network when Eduardo Saverin is trying to advertise and promote Facebook using standard methods.

Buzzerbeater's slow pace can be a pill hard to swallow in the short-term, but it is also what hooks users long-term. Buzzerbeater slowness allows users to have a life beyond the game, that's ok if you have a personal issue or have to travel or whatever, the game is slow, your whole strategy won't derail if your mind goes elsewhere for a couple of days or weeks, or if you get pissed because your key player got injured in the finals and you lose and think I hate this, I'll leave, in BB you don't leave, the game is slow, the game is still there, you come back after a few days, the game is there, there is another season, let's rebuild, that's it, I love this game again. Most of "feels like 2024" games that are 99% of games around don't allow the user to breathe, it's now or never, everything is fast, you get hooked, get attached but if anything happens and you cannot play it goes downhill, you demotivate and leave, users are around just for a few weeks or couple of months and that's it, and how do you make money with games like this? By trying to profit from their short-term addiction and trying to suck out of their pockets as faster as you can. And how do you achieve this? By offering them paid features that make easier to win, they go, they buy your features, win a bit, but then they realise that it's an endless ladder to go up, they need to pay for every step, and they leave.

So if you are planning to make the pace of the game faster, inevitably you will end on a pay-to-win model, that's the only possible profitable way. Which leads me to think what's the point of doing so? Why not building a new game instead?

Last edited by Bernspin at 6/19/2024 6:38:14 AM

This Post:
324280.57 in reply to 324280.54
Date: 6/19/2024 8:43:06 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I see BB-Marco is talking on Discord about increasing the pace of the game and that BB feels "like a 2008 game and that needs to be changed".

The fact that those conversations from BB-Marco are olny happening on Discord is a huge red flag as it ignores and minimizes those managers who don't use it.

To me that's a sign that the new owners only give a sh*t about certain users. And that is sad.

This Post:
324280.58 in reply to 324280.57
Date: 6/19/2024 8:54:10 AM
Súria Lakers
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II

The fact that those conversations from BB-Marco are olny happening on Discord is a huge red flag as it ignores and minimizes those managers who don't use it.

To me that's a sign that the new owners only give a sh*t about certain users. And that is sad.

Probably there are a lot of things happening at once for him, so for this reason, Discord is a better place for quick answers.

I see no problem with that. In fact he could've hide yesterday and start working on BB, but decided to talk with all managers that were there, worried about BB's future.

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
324280.59 in reply to 324280.58
Date: 6/19/2024 10:09:42 AM
Spicy Sparks
IV.47
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the insights about this huge news regarding BB.

I can assure you that our intentions are NOT to transform BB in a pay-to-win game nor to change the soul of it.

We intend to modernize the game starting from code, UI, UX, etc since the current situation does not bring justice to the potential that this game has and what it could be.

Without those changes, slowly the game could lose users, become heavier as soon as the data grows, season after season, and become unmaintainable and not appealable to new potential users.

I understand some of you are scared but I assure you every major change we plan to make will be consulted with the community and also the veterans BB-Marin & BB-Justin.

Regarding the speed of the game we could even considering making two different servers (with different speeds) but this is yet to be decided.

As of now we are simply converting the codebase to modernize it and make it more maintainable for the future.
BB currently uses some technologies that as you know are more than 15 years old and this is becoming unstable and impossible to maintain and expand in the long run.

We are keen to have an open discussion with all the veterans who are here for lots of years; what we kidly ask from you is to have an open mind and be constrictive so that we can shape the game in the best way possible, together

I encourage you to continue the discussion also on Discord, sending feedback, suggestions & more.

Thank you very much again for supporting BB, see you here on the forums and on Discord!

It is a long journey that we have ahead but with the help of everyone I am confident that great results can be achieved

Best,
BB-Marco

Advertisement