Suggestions > Strategy for the match

Strategy for the match

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41887.49 in reply to 41887.45
Date: 9/20/2008 9:17:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In this game, you pretty much play the part of the coach. You set up R&G and M-to-M and you can expect them to play it for the whole match. The only thing you can't control are substitutes. I've never seen the coach suddenly switch to a look-inside offense. You can also expect that the initial line-up you set-up will play as the line-up you've setup. Starters will player around 35-48 and backups will play the remaining time. It pretty much feels like a coach without full control over what my players are doing. I can only tell them how to play once and that is before the match. The real coach will just sub people from time to time based on fouls and stamina. And that's what annoys me.

The suggestion works in both ways though. It's not always superior. It can be both advantageous or disadvantageous. It has two sides...

Let's say that if Team A would have won if it was calculated normally. It would be have been disadvantageous to manage it by Quarters. And vice versa. This is in my opinion more challenging and fun compared to 1 strat setup.

The teams that don't wanna do this still need to win their own games to compete. This will be just normal matches against the other teams. No disadvantage or advantage. Just same old.

The only difference is the standing will be more dynamic because of this. How so? Well teams that should have won with the normal type games might have lost due to better decisions made by the other team during the quarter game. Teams that win all the time might get an upset because of this and they only blame themselves and not the game-engine for making poor choices for you. It can flip 2 ways.

I wouldn't say that this would be a pure game of Rock,paper and scissors, because a 2-3 zone doesn't have to beat a low post game, but it often seems like it because you're only allowed to set it up once. With the suggestion of quarter decisions, you won't have to sit and say: "omg, i picked the wrong tactics... let's see if this works out..." It's pretty much tactics with the quarter decisions.

It may be too hardcore for casual players, but it sure would have been a great feature if implemented. It would certainly make the game more interesting and challenging even if you don't wanna manage it by Quarter. Just my 2 cents....

But you're right, maybe i should just play football manager live instead. It's pretty much Hattrick/BB but with real(time) management/coaching involved :)

Last edited by Legen...Riceball...Dary! at 9/20/2008 9:22:36 PM

This Post:
41887.50 in reply to 41887.48
Date: 9/21/2008 6:42:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Timeout changes your teams offense and defence to better suit for opponent's style of play, so its never unnecessary. ;)
BB doesn't have NBA or FIBA rules,but more like a mixture of both and some own BB-rules (atleast about technical fouls and timeouts).

Coaches job is to make anything he can to help team win. Timeouts are his way of doing this. I think his current attitude on timeouts is biggest flaw in his actions to do so. I'd fire him if I could. XD