This Post:
187021.5 in reply to 187021.4
Date: 6/13/2011 7:18:23 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Other things affect free throws, most of all, there's a random factor, so the skill level cannot be calculated through FT percentage. For example, I have a proficient FT player who has hit 13-15 (86.7%) this season, 26-39(66,7%) last season and 32-42 (76.2%) the season before that. So, not only will that percentage vary from season to season, but also it will vary between players with the same skill level.

This Post:
187021.6 in reply to 187021.5
Date: 6/13/2011 3:46:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am coming and telling you that something is wrong with your database and data has been corrupted.

I am dumbfounded that you possibly work with databases and/or statistics and don't think this is a weird and unique situation that doesn't merit looking into. I can't imagine that you can nonchalantly brush this off.

I don't know how I can be more clear about this, but something is wrong the adjusted a skill value of a player by multiple levels that should not have happened.

Look at the data, I don't think you can honestly tell me something is not at least odd that would make you want to look into this.

Here are Cots's FT stats from the past 3 season for league games Cots is 28 years old with respectable experience. I told you his FT was reduced from wondrous to prominent this past update that occurred during a week he was injured and an all-star game was played.
16 to date - 51/62 - 82.3%
15 - 61/74 - 82.4%
14 - 31/36 - 86.1%
13 - 41/55 - 74.5%

He has received a few weeks of FT every season. Can you tell me that if you think your DB is accurate and he was trained from respectable/strong up to prominent that with the number of FT attempted he would have that high of a percentage? That is a sample size of over 200 FTs. While it might be 'statistically possible' to achieve those results, what are the chances that the DB is accurate and I am picking this week to complain about it. You obviously think I am mis-informed or not telling you the truth.

Compare this to a 28 year old with respectable experience who is atucally has prominent FT skill (6899199) and joined my team roughly the same time as Cots. Both are SGs and have been starting together on my team for two seasons now. Cots is usually the PG with Gunea as the SG.

His stats over the same time perios
Season 16 - 23/30 - 76.7%
15 - 26/34 - 76.5%
14 - 32/49 - 65.3%
13 - 30/43 - 69.8%

These two players have played on the same team in the same back-court playing the same offensive and defensive formations. They are the same age, have the same experience, both play either as PG or SG. Almost all variables that can be accounted for have been (to the extent that they can). Both are currently listed as having a prominent FT value. Not only has Cots attempted more (he has/ had a higher value, thus the team got him the ball during last second obvious fouling situation so he could be the one shooting), but has made a significant number more. Cots's worst statistical season (season 13) is BARELY worse the Gunea's best(the current season). Yet your DB shows them as having the same value....

Gunea's FT numbers even match-up better with the player you present. Cots's numbers aren't even close. There are two possibilities here. 1 - I have the one in a million player that has exceeded expected outcomes season after season and randomly chose now to complain and lie to you. OR 2 - something is wrong and his FT value actually was reduced during this past training update, which also means that I have a one in a million player that had an error happen during the update. The only difference between the two is that I am publicly complaining about this in the bugs forum. Why would I keep responding if I was not telling the truth?

I am telling you that something is wrong and COTS has been downgraded. Look at this data and tell me again that nothing is wrong, this is not worth looking into and I am not telling you the truth.

This Post:
187021.8 in reply to 187021.7
Date: 6/13/2011 5:24:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Read it again:

I am telling you that something is wrong and COTS has been downgraded. Look at this data and tell me again that nothing is wrong, this is not worth looking into and I am not telling you the truth.

There is a big difference between a comma and a dot.