Help - English > Tactic Advice.

Tactic Advice.

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
196601.5 in reply to 196601.4
Date: 9/18/2011 9:00:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have been training outside shooting pretty much for my best player. Have just switched to rebounding in an effort to develop a couple of young PF's/C's.

In your opinion is there any way or cycle or pattern that is best for training? A type of trainee that I should look to have and train?

My best players are my SF, PG and C, with my SF being my most promising player in that he is 21. I have read different things about the merits of focusing training on players older than 20/21/22. Have you any thoughts on this.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

This Post:
196601.6 in reply to 196601.5
Date: 9/18/2011 9:53:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Few points.

1) Unlike reality in this game the best tactic is to just train three players and never train the others at all. Ok slight exaggeration but close to the truth. David Waring is a 19 year old 6'1" superstar drafted by you, while he may be way behind where he could be you can still make him a great player. Get a level 4+ trainer and just train pressure for PGs or passing for PGs. Make sure he gets at least 48+ minutes every week playing as a PG. You could also train Gene Darvey and one more player. For PG training the younger and the shorter the better.

2) There are three obvious passing offences that feature the PG heavily, motion, patient and princeton. Just read up on them in the manual. If two of your three best players are your PG and SG then go with motion.

3) You are in trouble this season with Wizards Warriors looking very strong. I doubt you can beat them and you wont have a good enough record for a bot promotion so I would try to save money this season and aim to try and win next season, unless you have some solid reason for thinking you can win.

4) Your arena sucks! Good to see you are building it now. Arena = $ = long term success.

5) You need a bigger roster. Just add a couple of VERY cheap players fro the weekly scrimmage and it will help everyone's game shape and minutes.

6) Ask more questions!

This Post:
196601.8 in reply to 196601.5
Date: 9/18/2011 3:34:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You should get 3 trainees with at least allstar potentail. Perferably Perrenial allstar potential. that are 18/19 YO. Do this at the beginning of next years season, becuase after the draft, young players are always cheap. make the maximum height for gaurds 6'4, perferably shorter and mimimum height for big men 6'9. also make sure that they have good starting skills. Then train the same players (3 gaurds or 3 big men) for at least the next 3 seasons. after thse seasons, they will all be quality starters in d. 3. and you said that you just swiched to rebounding? dont do that. stay with the same players for a long time.