This Post:
239998.6 in reply to 239998.3
Date: 4/3/2013 12:48:10 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
you can use this kind of risk as a huge advantage.

let's say a team from our Bundesliga (there are some teams which love to lose games on a special way ;) ) has an away game, a home game and an important cup game. this team doesn't play LCD with a blank lineup and trains every week GS (there are a lot of teams which train GS in the Div.1). he's playing his away game against the 8th. this team has only one target: earning money. it will lose with 80 or 90 points. so, both managers agree on a 50:0 game. the 8th will get his attendance money, lose with only 50 points and the other one can save minutes because he/she set only for this game a blank line up with LCD. this team wins the away game and has the full amount of minutes left for the home game and the cup match. in my opinion that would be cheating, or am I wrong?

This Post:
239998.7 in reply to 239998.5
Date: 4/4/2013 5:06:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

In all I think it should not be possible that someone can forfeit games, the forfeit opponent should be punished not me!

Well, he is. Lost game, asterisk for the ranking, no training too. It could be more and we could try to make WO impossible, but for the moment that's not case and that's not a bug too.

The bug is that I am punished and that an other team can punish my team with fofeits!!!

Normally I would excpect that my team should have an advantage of this situation and I don't think that the developers planned to punish the forfeit opponent - so this is a clear bug and I would like to know how you guys want to handle it in the future!?

To: OJAY
This Post:
239998.9 in reply to 239998.7
Date: 4/4/2013 5:32:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
When your opponent forfeit a game, there are two cases for you:
You didn't use BLU: you've got the minutes but you risk injuries
You did use BLU: you don't have the minutes but you don't risk anything

Since you win the game anyway, I don't think the BLU option is that bad for you.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
239998.10 in reply to 239998.8
Date: 4/4/2013 5:34:54 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Not to worry, I won't stop a sound and polite discussion about a hot topic like this one. The problem here is that we still haven't decided if a LCD + blank lineup is something we'd like to ban/stop/prevent. Since it's not a completely legitimate tactic per se, I'm willing to have a bit of risk involved with it. Consider it a price for using it and yeah, sometimes it can backfire.

As for the argument about saving minutes with it, it's a very inefficient way of managing minutes, since you can always set a couple of bad players in the lineup versus a WO to pick up the extra minutes (also, you lose the ability to get training minutes for that game). Therefore, I'm not really worried about abuse in that way.

This Post:
239998.11 in reply to 239998.10
Date: 4/4/2013 10:46:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not to worry, I won't stop a sound and polite discussion about a hot topic like this one. The problem here is that we still haven't decided if a LCD + blank lineup is something we'd like to ban/stop/prevent. Since it's not a completely legitimate tactic per se, I'm willing to have a bit of risk involved with it. Consider it a price for using it and yeah, sometimes it can backfire.

In a sense, though, it seems like the whole point of LCD should be to allow the coach to decide everything, and giving him up to 12 players to play in a match and letting him choose what he's going to do doesn't seem like it's a bad thing necessarily. I think that it's more an indictment of the substitution patterns in the other methods. While it's not at all advisable to be able to manage to the minute how much your players play, it would enhance gameplay in my mind to be able to say that you want your PG starter to play until he's too tired to walk the court but you want your PFs to rotate every opportunity, and a third position go with a traditional starter-backup rotation. Especially since we have no mechanism to lower stamina on a player, and it's very difficult to get a high stamina starter to play under 40 minutes if it's not a blowout win.

The thing that I would think would be more a question is whether walkovers are something to ban/stop/prevent, as that's far less legitimate a tactic - and there's way too little repercussions for giving up a walkover as it stands. I would think that a full lineup of lucky fans could instead be fielded, but the lucky fans need to have their agreeability/aggressiveness modified so the injuries and fouls are tuned way down. And of course there should be punishment for those who set walkovers as well, but there's plenty of talk in the suggestions forum on that already and this seems like it's already veered enough.

This Post:
239998.12 in reply to 239998.11
Date: 4/5/2013 7:41:25 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Walkovers are a big part of this game and we do not intend to change them (more than we have, the 0-25 to 0-50 point difference) in the future.
LCD + a blank lineup is still not banned/prevented because we cannot agree whether it's something we want to ban at all.

This Post:
239998.14 in reply to 239998.13
Date: 4/8/2013 6:27:30 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Lower ranked teams get earlier draft picks. If they do it by forfeiting, so be it.

Advertisement