Suggestions > Things that need to happen to stop a slow death

Things that need to happen to stop a slow death

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
288766.5 in reply to 288766.3
Date: 8/14/2017 9:57:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Training is a big part of it, as you said. If more lower division teams knew how to train and the benefits gained from it, they would stay more involved, imo. Those who train well stay more involved, it seems. I cant speak for others, but I know that for me Friday morning pops are one of my favorite log ins of the week.

A big problem I notice, especially with lower/newer teams, is that so many managers don't understand the benefits of game shape. I see guys in my league who have considerably better players than I do, but I regularly beat them with lesser and cheaper (salary) players because their stars are at mediocre GS, while my generic players are at proficient/strong GS. Perhaps some kind of tutorial might help?

Lastly, I think that many new players think they can log in once a week or so and eventually get better. If someone is just looking for a casual part time experience they can check in to, they most likely wont do well, wont see improvements, and lose interest. It takes a bit of commitment to make any headway in this game, and unfortunately no matter what changes are made, these managers will come and go with regularity.

Last edited by Heathcote at 8/14/2017 9:59:19 PM

This Post:
288766.6 in reply to 288766.5
Date: 8/15/2017 1:49:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A big problem I notice, especially with lower/newer teams, is that so many managers don't understand the benefits of game shape. I see guys in my league who have considerably better players than I do, but I regularly beat them with lesser and cheaper (salary) players because their stars are at mediocre GS, while my generic players are at proficient/strong GS. 

In a lot of cases this also applies to experienced teams. Enthusiasm can be thrown into that category as well.