Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
318174.5 in reply to 318174.3
Date: 02/13/2023 20:58:46
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with everything that E.B.W. wrote.

IMHO, auto-bidding is a bad idea that would solve one issue, while introducing a whole host of unintended consequences.

I would add one point as an example though:

I saw one instance this past weekend of a manager using their primary team AND their Utopia team to raise the bid on an 18 yo HOF potential player from $1,000 --> $10,000 --> $100,000 --> $500,000 --> $900,000 --> $1,500,000 in the span of 5 minutes. There have been many similar instance of this tactic in the past by numerous managers, this one just sticks out as happening recently.

I've pointed this out in the past by calling it cheating and I know many disagree with me. Cheating may be a touch harsh, but in reality it is a symptom of a malfunctioning auction system. It could be fixed easily by prohibiting managers from raising their own bids. Ironically, auto-bids would be another way to address it.

All that said, in the sprit of "if you offer a complaint, then also offer a solution", I would suggest that IF auto-bidding is implemented (and I hope it isn't), then for full transparency there should be a clear notation in the Bid History of which bids were done using Auto-bid. That way you will know if there is the potential to have your bids run up and you can decide whether to dropout or push on.

Message deleted

This Post:
318174.7 in reply to 318174.3
Date: 02/14/2023 03:03:21
Overall Posts Rated:
No.

- could drag a player acquisition forever
- could turn a "steal" into "forbidden territory"
- would make the "little player" talent acquisition much harder if not impossible

You could, however, create an update to set the hour you want the sale to start (that would probably help).

There are so many other features/updates that I would want implemented before this.

Yes!
- Either consider BBM games statistically or cancel them, since they're not considered (except for players totals).
- Actually consider blocks and steals as stats, where they're missing (it's just awful that you don't)
- Update the walk of shame into a hall of fame (with all the "official" games played being considered)
- Add totals per competition in the player's page. The current "visuals" are messy, at best.
So much basic stuff (and probably easier stuff) to improve, please focus on that first.

This Post:
318174.8 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 03:13:30
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
If you are ready to put a max bid, then why not put it right away and hope that it will be enough ?

The current system gives us the opportunity to make good deals, to hope that we'll buy a player for less than what it's worth according to us... Yes it's sometimes frustrating to lose after a long bidwar, forget a bid or not be able to log in at the right time, but that is what makes a good purchase all the more valuable.

I feel like the proposed system will just give more power to the teams that have loads of money

This Post:
318174.10 in reply to 318174.9
Date: 02/14/2023 07:31:45
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
To all AGAINST this feature.

You're enjoying long lasting bidwars? I am not.

You're happy with X last second bids against you? I am not.

You're enjoying waking up at 2 am to bid a player? I am not.

You're happy in the morning to see the desired player was outbid during the night because you didn't want to wake up at 2 am? I am not.

Does this new feature forbade you doing all the "pleasures" above? No, it DOES NOT.

This Post:
318174.11 in reply to 318174.10
Date: 02/14/2023 07:56:12
Overall Posts Rated:
To all AGAINST this feature.

You're enjoying long lasting bidwars? I am not.

You're happy with X last second bids against you? I am not.

You're enjoying waking up at 2 am to bid a player? I am not.

You're happy in the morning to see the desired player was outbid during the night because you didn't want to wake up at 2 am? I am not.

Does this new feature forbade you doing all the "pleasures" above? No, it DOES NOT.

You're enjoying long lasting bidwars? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. It will rise the market prices though.

You're happy with X last second bids against you? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue.

You're enjoying waking up at 2 am to bid a player? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue. Remember, you're not playing alone. You might just get outbid anyway.

You're happy in the morning to see the desired player was outbid during the night because you didn't want to wake up at 2 am? The proposed feature DOESN'T solve the issue.

Just make your best bid and be done with it.

Message deleted
This Post:
318174.14 in reply to 318174.11
Date: 02/14/2023 10:13:59
DarkQueen
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,
BB must be "copy" some features from Hattrick, where the system are solid and users moremoremoremore plus.

The autobid is very helpfull for an user that not have to much time (work, family, stress, life), may be who wrote before is a free student but it is impossibile to bid for 1 hour for a player!
In hattrick , when I have not time, I set te max for the bid and finish.

And i do not get up at 2A.M for a player. May be I prefer sleep sometimes.
Ty

This Post:
318174.15 in reply to 318174.1
Date: 02/14/2023 10:19:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I’m voting no, because this would ruin all the fun of the auctions.

But what would you say about buy-now option? I’m sure it was talked over multiple times, but what are the real pros and cons if it was introduced?

Advertisement