Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
321639.5 in reply to 321639.3
Date: 11/06/2023 09:47:19
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for sharing the video. I came across it on the BB facebook page (or was it Twitter) earlier but it seemed so long so I didn't bother to watch it, but thankfully this time I did. It's really interesting how dominant teams playing M2M while 3-2 doesn't seem to be as successful. It's also made me want to look into ISO offenses and Princeton (although I have played Princeton pretty often but to me it's only an offense to make sure my players can last 48 minutes, I have never looked into how it works xD)

However, I was wondering - since the sample only consisted of B3 games, could high passing across all positions be the key to break 3-2? Could the lack of secondaries or lack of balanced players in U21 games or lower division games affect the effectiveness of 3-2?

In my opinion, 3-2 without SB is a gamble. I wouldn't run it without at least one of my bigs having high SB.

Yes, I agree with that. I read somewhere that zone defenses increases the chances for help defense, which would increase the chances of a block. Plus with the recent trend that stresses on the importance of SB, I usually try to have players with high SB (be it my own team or the U21).

This Post:
321639.6 in reply to 321639.5
Date: 11/06/2023 12:00:20
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
However, I was wondering - since the sample only consisted of B3 games, could high passing across all positions be the key to break 3-2? Could the lack of secondaries or lack of balanced players in U21 games or lower division games affect the effectiveness of 3-2?

Great point and yes! This is something that I’ve talked about with two different U21 managers since the video came out and your thought process that 3-2 still may be effective in lower leagues/U21 probably has some merit, but as the passing gets higher and the players get better, the zone is less effective. It’s also still a somewhat small number of games in the big scope of things and B3 is sort of like an entirely different version of BB, but the findings are interesting to see how tactics perform at the peak of BB (best teams/managers/etc).

Thanks for tuning in and giving your thoughts!

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)