BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Ask Your Questions Here#2

Ask Your Questions Here#2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
315209.524 in reply to 315209.523
Date: 2/15/2023 8:26:51 AM
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
ok, thanks :) maybe i will change my PR since i already lost my rival match in the 1st round in the league so he will not help me much :) i bought some players because of the salary floor after 2 days so i think i will win easily most of the matches and i will not need so much pr...

This Post:
315209.525 in reply to 315209.524
Date: 2/15/2023 7:20:43 PM
Shahin.Boushehr
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi guys!

I'm looking for insight and opinions as to why I lost this game exactly:

https://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/124420227/boxscore.aspx

I'm not complaining or being salty, I am genuinely interested in some fresh eyes on the matter, cause however I look at it I believe I should have won this game.

Thanks in advance

This Post:
315209.526 in reply to 315209.525
Date: 2/15/2023 7:34:44 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not the best person to analyze games, but pretty curious what are the reasons which made you think that you'd definitely have won this match? Aside from starter salaries and him making the wrong GDP.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 2/15/2023 7:35:05 PM

This Post:
315209.527 in reply to 315209.526
Date: 2/15/2023 8:50:36 PM
Chiefers
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
I love this game but I’m currently in a BBM Game that is souring me on this whole experience. My opponent (who is ranked higher than me) didn’t set a lineup and I’m playing lucky fans. It’s half time, I’m up big…. But I have 43 team fouls. My starting SG fouled out in just 7 minutes. The backup SG has 5 fouls! I think I had 1 person foul out all last season. Clearly this is computer assistance trying to turn this into a lucky fan vs lucky fan game (I can assume so I don’t end up with a massive +/- for BBM), but this is a very disheartening look into the game engine.

Edit: turns out it defaults to a 50-0 win when there’s a forfeit. The game engine still made me mad haha.

Last edited by Gigantor at 2/15/2023 10:07:16 PM

This Post:
315209.529 in reply to 315209.1
Date: 2/16/2023 4:42:02 AM
KK Krka Novo mesto 1997
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
What happens if both teams forfeit a match?

This Post:
315209.532 in reply to 315209.526
Date: 2/16/2023 10:26:02 AM
Shahin.Boushehr
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, for one thing, this is the first week of the season, so game shape plays no part at all and everyone is on the same game shape.

So then it becomes about the players matchups and skills. Firstly, my opponent had one key player missing with injury, so I believe I definitely have the advantage with the roster. I think my opponent realized that this was the case, which is why he opted to play his players out of their usual positions, hoping to disrupt the defensive matchups on my end. You can see this by checking the players ratings as well as his team's ratings.

We are both playing man to man, and he has chosen Look Inside as his offense, so I am pretty confident that my players are up for the coverage. Now on my side, I have gone with Base Offense. Personally, I have had a lot of success with Base Offense, but I did receive a private message from one of Poland's top managers, telling me that Base Offense is the reason I lost the game. Now, I do realize that in terms of offensive efficiency and conversion, Look Inside plays better than Base Offense, but considering that he also has a wrong GDP, my offense should run better than usual. Adding the offensive flow to the mix, I believe I should have come out on top in this game.

This Post:
315209.533 in reply to 315209.532
Date: 2/16/2023 6:48:14 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Erm, do correct me if I'm wrong, but OF is probably the least impactful rating out of those 6 (alongside rebounding, because the impact of rebounding isn't too high in the first place, that's why it's sacrificed pretty often), so I don't see why you think that gives you any upper hand. Apparently high OF means you turn over the ball less (which did happen because you had less TOs) and have more efficient looks. But OF is heavily weighted at PG, so even if they makes up that deficit at PG in other positions, they would still have lower OF, but their ability to retain the ball and create open looks might be comparable to yours.

As for roster advantage, the ratings seem to suggest otherwise (not to say his team is better, but looks pretty evenly matched outside of OF and rebounding, which I have already explained why those won't really move the needle). I guess his team was just built better for LI while your team, while having had some success with base offense, just couldn't match his output on LI if he didn't get GDP wrong (I have also read that GDP is most significant in the first quarter, and the significance gets less because the GE will make changes as the game goes on, so this might play some part as well). I guess in the end it probably boiled down to FTs - your players' ID might not have been enough to guard against his players' IS, thus sending them to the line more often. Or it could be aggression.

Then again, I'm not the best person to analyze games, so do point out any inaccuracies in my analysis.

It would also help if you actually posted a link to the game (there are buttons on top of the box you type in for you to use), you might have more people helping coz it's less work than having to manually copy it from your message.

This Post:
315209.534 in reply to 315209.533
Date: 2/17/2023 3:36:56 AM
Shahin.Boushehr
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for your input.

Well, I do agree with you that OF and Rebounding are less impactful than the other team ratings, however, in close games such as this one, these small advantages make the difference. It's the same thing with the wrong GDP, which I believe has somewhere between 5 to 7 percent impact. His inside scoring is about 3 points higher than mine, but my outside scoring is nearly 4 points higher than his, and my defensive ratings are better than his. So like I said, in close games like this, these small advantages (combined with the fact that he had a key player injured and game shapes are all equal) should make the difference.

Well, anyway, thank you again

Advertisement