This Post:
273519.537 in reply to 273519.536
Date: 7/19/2017 9:13:12 AM
Vattjom Vatos
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Utopia Vatos
Personally I might have to lose a couple of games on purpose in order to avoid promotion, which could potentially put my long-term plans in the grave.

From announcement:
"Fans have decided that they will not tolerate long losing streaks if team has the funds to prevent them and will boycott teams that don’t have at least one victory in each third of the season or suffer the consequences of the boycott, severely reducing ticket income!"

You are not targeted for Boycott if you loose a couple of games ;-)

This Post:
273519.538 in reply to 273519.534
Date: 7/20/2017 7:36:15 PM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
Great idea but I would limited to bottom 4.

This Post:
273519.541 in reply to 273519.539
Date: 7/27/2017 8:10:38 PM
Great Fires
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Great Fires Academy
Instead of money prize I would prefer a trophy to winner 3p contest at trophies gallery, like MVP trophies.

This Post:
273519.543 in reply to 273519.542
Date: 8/2/2017 5:35:08 AM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I have 3 minor suggestions, that I thought about couple of times during the last months,which will improve the game especially long term here they are:

1. Get rid of the draft
2. Get rid of the playoff system in its current form
3. Get rid of 1-position training

Thanks for your time, hope this will happen anytime soon.

This Post:
273519.544 in reply to 273519.543
Date: 8/2/2017 7:27:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Get rid of the draft

What should replace the draft then? Youth teams?

This Post:
273519.545 in reply to 273519.544
Date: 8/2/2017 9:04:30 AM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, I'm glad that you asked.

A youth team system would be probably the best solution, yes. Let me explain.

We all play this browser game of basketball, because most of us are fans of the game. This is why we choose this simulation of a own team. And i think, that most of us play it, or want to play it, as a simulation. Now here's the point, if you want to simulate your own sports team, it's a huge fun factor, to implement or develope your own youth players. This indentifies you with your team.

But in this game, you get punished for being succesfull, by basically cutting out the whole "own youth development" because of a draft system, that makes no sense in the structure of a online game. Why is it necessary to choose between winning games and etsablishing your own players?

Obviously the creators thought back then, that a copy of the NBA system would be a smart thing to do, as most of the basketball fans are fans of the NBA as well.

BUT, the draft was created to work in a closed system like the NBA, where some rich dudes own their own teams. In this game we have a open system with relegation and promotions. It makes basically no sense at all, to give the worst team/manager an advantage via a draft system. It just cuts a big fun part of games like this for many players.

So yes, i'd prefer youth teams or something similar. Let everyone decide themself if they want to develope future team (not franchise btw) -legends, coming from a youth program, playing the whole carrer for one, my own team. Dont punish players for winning.

Thanks

This Post:
273519.546 in reply to 273519.545
Date: 8/2/2017 5:01:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't see it as players being punished for winning. It's more like a tool for lower level teams to acquire the stars of the future. Also, it makes the gap between the top and bottom teams smaller and makes sure that there is a change of the top teams.
But nevertheless, youth teams would probably be more fun. They just need to be done in a way that still favours the weaker teams.

This Post:
273519.547 in reply to 273519.546
Date: 8/2/2017 8:20:53 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but i completely disagree, brother.

It's more like a tool for lower level teams to acquire the stars of the future.

Thats not a point in this conversation. With a youth team the lower level teams can acquire the stars of the future as well. In fact, it's even easier.

This game is lacking talent on the transfer market. It badly needs some new players. This way every team could develope actually usable players, this would be benefical for everyone.

And yes, winning gets punished by the draft. Even if you can pick at 3th or 4th spot it's almost guaranteed, you'll get only trash, which leads to fewer players that will get training. If there's only 1 guy that take the draft serious, you're basically screwed with a 2nd pick in many cases.

And no, i dont think that weaker managers or teams should be favored via a draft. Why should this be a thing? Put effort and some time in it = you can get some good young talent. Do nothing, tank or have no idea what to do = dont get the best talent from the slim drafts.
But the main point for me still is this one: everyone that plays this game should have the opportunity to grow some own youth players. This is a must-see in any sports browser game. But not in this one. And it makes no logical sense. It's just a badly thought-out imitation of the NBA system.

Last edited by fuchsi_love at 8/2/2017 8:26:15 PM

Advertisement