Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
273519.547 in reply to 273519.546
Date: 8/2/2017 8:20:53 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but i completely disagree, brother.

It's more like a tool for lower level teams to acquire the stars of the future.

Thats not a point in this conversation. With a youth team the lower level teams can acquire the stars of the future as well. In fact, it's even easier.

This game is lacking talent on the transfer market. It badly needs some new players. This way every team could develope actually usable players, this would be benefical for everyone.

And yes, winning gets punished by the draft. Even if you can pick at 3th or 4th spot it's almost guaranteed, you'll get only trash, which leads to fewer players that will get training. If there's only 1 guy that take the draft serious, you're basically screwed with a 2nd pick in many cases.

And no, i dont think that weaker managers or teams should be favored via a draft. Why should this be a thing? Put effort and some time in it = you can get some good young talent. Do nothing, tank or have no idea what to do = dont get the best talent from the slim drafts.
But the main point for me still is this one: everyone that plays this game should have the opportunity to grow some own youth players. This is a must-see in any sports browser game. But not in this one. And it makes no logical sense. It's just a badly thought-out imitation of the NBA system.

Last edited by fuchsi_love at 8/2/2017 8:26:15 PM

This Post:
273519.548 in reply to 273519.547
Date: 8/3/2017 3:21:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with opinion that draft, although for other reasons that mentioned by you. I don't really think, that there's not enough talent of the transfer list... Every season I scout something around 500 18 yo players, to not mention 19 yos for draft. What's my point? BB generates something like 2 really nice prospects (perennials or at least high-salary allstars). If we assume that players' life is 16-18 seasons long, every team will get around 10-12 prospects, which can reach at least low D2 level. Even if we throw half of them to junk because of lacks of training slots, it's still possible to train a big part of team by yourself (like me, 4 fully trained players by myself in my roster, everyone with pot of allstar or perrenial).

The point of changes in draft is the big randomness of it. You can get a high pick, put a lot of points into scouting, but still finish with mediocre players, when other managers will get decent ones without putting any attention to it. Is it normal, that you need around 2 and half seasons and more than 1kk to check all players in draft? C'mon, it's understandable that like in reality every draft is lottery, but such a statement makes the game less playable...

Can't understand the statement about change in league/PO format. One position training could be fastened just by a little, but deleting it would kill a lot of fun from training. It lets you to choose if you want to sacrifice your results at the cost of faster players development, it gives you a challenge to plan your schedule to find the best solutions, it makes your trained players valuable... Increasing the pace of 1-position training (or 2-position training to make it a smart alternative to 1-position one) is much better solution to increase the amount of good players in game.

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.
This Post:
273519.549 in reply to 273519.548
Date: 8/3/2017 6:55:16 AM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

at first, by "talent on the transfer market" i meant already developed players. Not some rookies. If you search the market for players with at least 30k salary for a maximum 1,5 mio transfer money you literally see 80% of 33+ years old players. This game is dying. Or is it already dead?
I remember a time, when it was fun to check the transfer market for players. Now it's a terrible grind, frustrating. At least for me it's definitely no fun at all, to choose between 35 year old players.

And buying some 18 year olds to train them isnt the same then drill your own rookies. You can always buy some trainees but it does not feel the same. I can only repeat myself, this is a game. A sports game simulation and a big part of this is to grow own young players.

To the 1-position training i should add, that it replaces the effect of 2 position training. So the training speed of 2-position should be the current speed of 1-position. We desperately need more players in this game.

The playoff system has the same flaw as the draft in my opinion. It makes no sense in this game. What are playoffs good for intentionally? Right, make sure, that the better team takes the win in general. Reduce the influence of luck/bad luck. This is why you send teams into a playoff series. But here you play 3 month of the regular season just to play a playoff "series" of 1 game. If you have 1 injury and 2 fouled out players during this 1 game you're screwed and the 3 months long season was for the trash can. I dont get it, it does the complete opposite of what playoffs should do. It fuel the randomness of this game.

So, if we need playoffs, it has to be at least a 3 game series.

Last edited by fuchsi_love at 8/3/2017 6:58:24 AM

This Post:
273519.550 in reply to 273519.549
Date: 8/3/2017 8:13:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I completely agree that the transferlist is in need of trained players. But in order to achieve this we need managers to develop players. So instead of completely getting rid of the draft, the amount of talent in it should simply be increased. Reducing the number of useless players in the draft as they have already done is not enough. We need more top tier youngsters in the draft. This would increase the chance of drafting a useful player, so managers would be able to train their homegrown players while still slightly favouring the worst teams.

This Post:
273519.551 in reply to 273519.550
Date: 8/3/2017 12:26:50 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
But in order to achieve this we need managers to develop players.

Absolutely correct. And i think these ideas could help to motivate more managers to train their players. It's more appaeling to train your homegrown players and do that with the effectiveness of 1-position training on 2 position. This alone would - technically- double the amount of trained players, which leads to - technically again - an increased number of desirable players on the transfer market.

This overaged player pool is sucking out the rest of life from this game, i fear.

This Post:
273519.552 in reply to 273519.551
Date: 8/3/2017 5:26:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And I completely agree with you. An increase in training speed would be wonderful. But making 2 pos training as effective as 1 pos training is right now might be too radical a change for bb.l

This Post:
273519.554 in reply to 273519.552
Date: 8/4/2017 2:56:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
However, 75% effectivness for 2-position also doesn't work, I guess that maybe 5-10% users use it. Maybe a value from something between, like 85-90%, would be the best choice?

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.
This Post:
273519.555 in reply to 273519.553
Date: 8/4/2017 6:27:13 AM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe, my brother. But at this point i'd prefere that over the situation that we currently have. And i dont see an alternative solution. The market needs to be flushed with new, young players anytime soon.

And to be honste, whenever i check the market for some usable players i never have the feeling, that a doubled number of players, that i would like to have in my team from the offered guys, would break the game. Just because they're so rare.

I scroll through the 300 available players (fitting my search conditions) and basically 270 of them are trash in my eyes. So...i guess it's better to change something drastically instead of letting it run like this for another 2 years.

Have a nice weekend, boys.

This Post:
273519.556 in reply to 273519.553
Date: 9/15/2017 6:10:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is something slightely stupid and easy to fix:

Each and every nation it's own country. when u select a nation, it points you in the general direction of where that nation lies on the world map. however, there are 2 exceptions to that rule:

1) Utopia
This currently points to North American continent. While i don't really mind it too much, i just find that odd. Why not have it point to the north or south pole? Or Svalbard? Or Greenland? Or some small imaginary island in one of our oceans? just don't point it towards an existing continent. But i understand that it has to point to somewhere.

2) Nations of Africa
This is the one that i find somewhat hilarious. If you look up the suggested location for Nations of Africa, it shows.... The North American Continent %} 8} . Not sure what happened here, but atleast point it to the African continent!

This Post:
273519.557 in reply to 273519.1
Date: 9/16/2017 10:47:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not aware whether such a suggestion has been already proposed, but would it be too hard to add a feature to the game planning mode where you set the minutes played for each player (like in NBA 2K games), cause I would really like all my 10 players playing to reach 48 minutes of game time with 2 games (so I would set the minutes for each player to 24, of course presuming that they don't foul out or get injured (exclude force majeure).

Last edited by SirValge at 9/16/2017 11:30:25 AM

Advertisement