BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The usual OMG how did I lose that thread...3

The usual OMG how did I lose that thread...3 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
251520.55 in reply to 251520.54
Date: 4/6/2014 2:45:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Normal vs TIE the first game of the season. If you look at my game I had a similar situation. It is very hard to overcome a normal on the first game. With that being said, I think teams that play normal the first game of the season unless it is a TV game or rival game, are silly. It kills the initial build up of enthusiasm.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
251520.56 in reply to 251520.54
Date: 4/8/2014 8:30:02 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
(69468403)

Lost the game by 2 points. So sad ...

To: HAHA
This Post:
251520.57 in reply to 251520.56
Date: 4/8/2014 10:05:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(69468403)

Lost the game by 2 points. So sad ...

You were fortunate it wasn't more. Your tactics basically worked to get the ball to the PF you had playing at SG, and then he proceeded to turn it over 8 times because his ball skills (handling, passing, driving) are nowhere near good enough for that role.

This Post:
251520.58 in reply to 251520.57
Date: 4/9/2014 8:03:53 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
That PF was strong at handling and driving. Sadly, he is awful at passing, might be that's why he turned the ball over 8 times.

Lesson learnt. That PF will be trained to mediocre at passing.

This Post:
251520.59 in reply to 251520.18
Date: 4/14/2014 10:32:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I watched your game. and sorry to reply just now to this is on old old, old issue. But seem your team was not a Li team but more of low post team or a inside Iso. Your team was passing back to the 3pt line and other spots proved this to be true. I suspect you had a jump shooting team. Which means he had better inside defense and your team was the better passing team also faster team.

His Od defense was not good enough to stop from allowing as many 3 pt.. You could have destroyed him if your sf and other player made those pts.. its was bad timing or a bad positioning of the player shooting with shot clock pressure .

ALways remember if you have shooters and want to play inside, play low post. Li inside is a very good tactic also a most used tactic but low post is the about same and hard to beat as well. The difference maker from is low post deal with good passing. Li Is more of a shaq tactic, if you have some shooters that are accurate play low post.. the passing bonus will help you create better shots than some crazy deep 3pt basket.

I think it was bad tactic choice on your behalf unknowingly because you didn't understand your great a passing ability and his inside /outside defense was just good that night. It happens to everybody.

This Post:
251520.60 in reply to 251520.49
Date: 4/14/2014 10:58:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OD kills Patient. Its that easy.

I don't agree 100%. patient find the mis-match and it not always going be effective versus od but a player with bad inside/outside defense will get destroyed by patient. Once it find the mis match.. it will be a ball game or a blow out.

patient can be fast or slow.. some say its slow but not always, once it find the advantage on the floor the game is over quickly and points come down like rain on team regardless off outside defense.

I agree od is effective but I don't agree it can kill patient outright, all it take is one mis match on the floor.

This Post:
251520.62 in reply to 251520.61
Date: 4/15/2014 9:22:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I said it true it can stop it but not all the time. Player skills differs which is the kicker . just because you have strong od don't mean it going to kill patient . It may stop it but not every time.

If you have the right players with the correct balance ,patient can beat every tactic on the game. OD would not matter. Because it would try to exploit the inside defensive of the foe. It look for the weakness/ mis match. Also zone most are based on the sf. 1out3 sf on the game have at least 3-4 bad skills. Because of price to afford.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/15/2014 9:26:01 AM

This Post:
251520.63 in reply to 251520.62
Date: 4/15/2014 10:14:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I said it true it can stop it but not all the time. Player skills differs which is the kicker . just because you have strong od don't mean it going to kill patient . It may stop it but not every time.

If you have the right players with the correct balance ,patient can beat every tactic on the game. OD would not matter. Because it would try to exploit the inside defensive of the foe. It look for the weakness/ mis match. Also zone most are based on the sf. 1out3 sf on the game have at least 3-4 bad skills. Because of price to afford.

Patient most certainly does not always look for the best mismatch, unfortunately. I lost my first round finals game because a 15 JS/ 15 JR player at center, being guarded by the opponent's center, did not score a single point through three quarters and finished 2-16 despite having the highest estimated PP100. Meanwhile a slightly higher JS guy at PG was shooting like he was playing call of duty. Patient certainly doesn't look for inside mismatches to exploit them either.

Of course, if your team is far and away better than your opponents, patient will work delightfully. Or will anything else. But please understand that whatever you learned about tactics by pounding on bots for season after season is only really applicable in that circumstance.

Message deleted
This Post:
251520.65 in reply to 251520.63
Date: 4/15/2014 4:32:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe his player was better than yours?? maybe his team defense as was well , you cant blame patient for your lost . players have a bad nights.

I don't play Bots, lower league that has nothing to do with playing tactic or knowing how to play them. What your saying is foolish. I have layed patient for long long time. SO Keep reaching for insults. You lost your game because his player was just better or your player had a bad night simple as that.

You cant blame patient for the lost then turn around and say I had this player with 1000 jump shot and he didn't a make basket.. other things play a factor too.. You just cant use one example and make it the law for all.. I played patient more than you have so who would know. Level of league don't have damn thing to do with knowing about a tatics.

If that is case why did you use a jumps shooting pf with patient.?? Show me who does that?? why not play run & gun or low post.? why play something you don't have the team for?? Are you not in level two you should know these things.

Again practice what you preach

Advertisement