BB Global (English) > Season 8 Changes

Season 8 Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
72142.55 in reply to 72142.54
Date: 2/24/2009 11:33:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Am I really going to be the first one to bitch and moan about the new Tax? (sorry thats unfair I mean tax on those others that dominate their league and desperately want to compete with similar teams on a global scale - but every time they think they're heading in the right direction another axe falls down on their planning)

The 10-20% on foreign players????

What a joke... Show me 3 players from Japan that would get in my team??

Id rather just lose on the Buzzer to someone from a more developed nation where BB get the majority of their supporter income from (oh... i did once......) Least that way I can blame my tactics or the match engine rather than continuously believe that every season there is a new rule to ensure that successful teams that sadly dont have much competition within their own country are given an even harder task of competing in the precious few games they have when they do venture outside to play teams from other countries.

Why not only invite teams from countries with 100 or more users to play in BB3?

Are you waiting for me to press the button to buy 10,000 more seats before adding a paragraph about Arena Tax? I apologise to Hambourg/Tall Blacks in advance cos i just know as im building my 35,000th seat its going to be announced... either that or a new reduced Season Ticket Holder formula (to be tested in Japan first)

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 2/25/2009 12:31:55 AM

This Post:
72142.56 in reply to 72142.55
Date: 2/24/2009 11:46:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

You do realize that no-one actually has an idea what this means precisely, right? I don't see any specific details released in the News announcement.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
72142.57 in reply to 72142.56
Date: 2/24/2009 11:54:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No ofense, but this would actually balance teams a lot.

Cases like yours or Toroo are very similar: top teams that have trouble finding competition within the national league, mainly because fewer users equals to fewer competition.

From this situation, we all can see that it is much more easy for teams in your position to mantain full attendance and thus making tons of revenue cash. On the other way, sucks a lot not being able to train national players (at least I think).

But my point is that the same lack of competition that would "overcharge" your players, at least the international ones, is at the same time, responsable for granting more revenue.

Balance to the Force.

This Post:
72142.58 in reply to 72142.56
Date: 2/24/2009 11:56:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

You do realize that no-one actually has an idea what this means precisely, right? I don't see any specific details released in the News announcement.

OK OK.. so it was my immediate reaction..

I HOPE that 20% will be on teams in countries where they have massive amounts of users and players to choose from (so why buy overseas players)

and that countries with much smaller userbases that have to look elsewhere to improve their roster only get penalized 10%

PLEASE PLEASE let this be the way!!!!!!!!!!!! (it actually makes more sense the more I think of it!!)

You ready for our $4mil one off game yet??

Edit- sorry re-read the news.. it will favour teams with homegrown players... so I will stand by my original thoughts. This is just a tax for the sake of a tax.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 2/25/2009 12:34:37 AM

This Post:
72142.59 in reply to 72142.57
Date: 2/25/2009 12:34:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Almost every team need to buy young players from the market, because we only have 3 new players every season, and most of them are too bad.

The 10-20% on foreign players will be a disaster for new teams in big country.

This Post:
72142.60 in reply to 72142.59
Date: 2/25/2009 12:42:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hey superfly . .. where have you been reading the news.

im reading morning bb's newspaper right now and i think your getting the early edition thing...... do you see a cat around you?

This Post:
72142.61 in reply to 72142.55
Date: 2/25/2009 12:57:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe it's karma.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
72142.62 in reply to 72142.57
Date: 2/25/2009 2:38:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
bbMark wrote in the news:

“We also want to tell you briefly about two things coming for Season 10. […]
Also [second thing], we be making good better use of player nationalities, and domestic players will be slightly (typically 10-20%) better economically than foreign ones. The details of this system are designed to be fair to countries of different sizes.”

I really do not understand why this should be necessary. Me from a small country (and thus supporting Superfly Guy) it would be much more difficult to get an internationally competitive team then teams from large countries. To me this change would penalize teams form small countries a lot.

Furthermore, players of small countries are likely to loose value on the transfermarket, since most teams would have to pay an extra on that player.

The proposed system would definitively discriminate teams from small countries.

Cases like yours or Toroo are very similar: top teams that have trouble finding competition within the national league, mainly because fewer users equals to fewer competition.

From this situation, we all can see that it is much more easy for teams in your position to mantain full attendance and thus making tons of revenue cash. On the other way, sucks a lot not being able to train national players (at least I think).

If this is the issue then the problem should be solved by lowering the responsiveness of fans to losses or wins of their team (alternatively: give more weight to the rank of the team in the league) and not by arbitrary manipulating player’s economic impact, which is bringing new discriminations.

This Post:
72142.64 in reply to 72142.63
Date: 2/25/2009 3:20:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The proposed system would definitively discriminate teams from small countries.

That really depends upon the details, doesn't it?

Then I look forward to the details. Will small countries NTs also benefit from it?

This Post:
72142.65 in reply to 72142.58
Date: 2/25/2009 3:23:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To A it's a trader tax, to B it's a reward for investing in player development through the draft.
If you think about it on a game level, rather than from your position within the game, it's an excellent mechanism to balance the rewards from each approach to the game. I think it's a stroke of brilliance, and will re-emphasize the need for optimal, wage-efficient training. I just love the vision the BBs have for their economy (with some reservations about arenas).
In your particular case, I would love to know how much extra revenue you generate through the lack of consistent, meaningfull opposition compared to a highly competitive league.
You'd have to post some serious figures to convince me it's not just swings and roundabouts and that you are simply bitching to lobby for the traders.

Advertisement