This Post:
313819.57 in reply to 313819.55
Date: 3/24/2022 8:37:48 AM
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
Have you took into consideration "keeping game in emotions until 4th quarter" effect, which exist especially in top games like PO, finals etc. I think it has bigger impact on course of most quoted games than exhaustion of players.

This Post:
313819.58 in reply to 313819.56
Date: 3/24/2022 8:39:07 AM
BC Vitosha Sofia
A Grupa
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sofia Alpha Dogz
But you see, this is a lot of changes for a person that doesn't like nor want changing the fandamentals of BB.
But I feel like you shouldn't say such things against Marin, who, after all, was basically the only one in charge of BB for a long long time, and im not sure if BB would survive at all without him.
I agree, you are right about that. No matter what, it should not get personal and I apologize for that part of the posts.

BBB: 2 (S37 S38); Top tier: 7 (S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S41 S63); Cup: 9 (S25 S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S40 S41 S61)
This Post:
313819.60 in reply to 313819.48
Date: 3/24/2022 4:03:19 PM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna

On the other game - We see a manager that is trying to overcome the exhaustion effect and he is completely punished for that, this is how 5 players squad will perform(one of his starters was injured early on so he was left with 5 players).

not to mention his 5 players have all 30+ years old.
basketball drains a lot of energy. IRL there is no player getting 48 minutes on a constant basis. actually even 40 minutes is not common at all. tom thibodeau used to play his starters around 40 minutes every game with the bulls, as a result his players were destroyed in the mid term (to name a few: Deng, Noah and the most infamous case of all, Rose). I hate injuries in BB but I might acknowledge that if there was a link in BB between excess of minutes and higher chance of injuries I would say it's logical and realistic (those who enjoy injuries in BB due to being realistic and a challenge couldn't deny this...)

what is not realistic in BB (and never was) is players playing 48 minutes every game. 5-6 player rosters being competitive and winning championships is way less realistic than teams being crushed in the last quarter because their players didn't get a single second of rest in the 3 previous quarters. so far I give exhaustion a big thumbs up

btw I'd go further. I'd establish that after a certain age players cannot play more than a certain amount of minutes. 33 year olds playing 48 minutes? no way. 33 year olds should have a threshold of 34 minutes or something (with max stamina). Even 28 year olds should cap at around 42 minutes. (For the sake of BBness, youngsters of course could play 48 minutes and get training). Managers should be faced with the obligation of having players to fill those minutes their starters won't play.

Last edited by Bernspin at 3/24/2022 4:18:04 PM

This Post:
313819.62 in reply to 313819.60
Date: 3/25/2022 1:21:09 AM
BC "EDI"
LBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
Finally someone wrote what I wanted to write and I don't have to bother. Have a +1, thumbs up, orange ball, wharever you want kind sir.

This Post:
313819.63 in reply to 313819.62
Date: 3/30/2022 2:51:05 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
Hi BBs

How am I supposed to play with 9-10 stamina players ?
Can you answer that simple question and/or react to the many postings about the poor implementation of this new exhaustion feature ?

I've tried to "let the coach decide" and to "strictly follow", and each time the subs played only 0-3 min in the first 3 quarters. Then, all of a sudden during the beginning of the 4th qt, all my starters get exhausted ! Either they get subbed by anyone available, or sometimes they keep playing while being quite incapable of scoring... Making it impossible to play with a "normal" lineup in the 4th qt while the playing time could have been easily shared between the 7-9 players I put on my lineup !

Also, how random is the "exhaustion moment" decided ? Because my starters all got exhausted or definitely replaced with around 38-40min played, while my opponent's didn't seem to sweat once playing 45min. How fair and understandable is it ?

I've watched closely my last B3 games and I don't know how to deal with this new issue. Actually, I already know I lost my cup finals tomorrow and probably the playoffs too, given I'll be crushed in each 4th qt.

I let you guess how happy that makes me feel

This Post:
313819.65 in reply to 313819.64
Date: 3/30/2022 3:57:06 PM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
he 3 players of your opponent over 40 minutes were subbed out in the first quarter.

That's also what I've seen... So the only way not to be exhausted is to rest for only 2-3min in first qt ? Then you can play the whole game while it is quite impossible for 9-10 stamina starters cause they never get subbed before exhaustion ? That would be so bad

I think the only solution now is to have substitutes (at least 2, best is 3) as strong as your starting players. When you look at the ratings your starting-five is clearly much stronger than your substitutes while your opponent has 7 players very close from each other.

Well from now I'll know that I need to train 100-150k players only ! Until
a new random feature happens and changes everything...

Advertisement