BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Growing BB (Referrals)

Growing BB (Referrals)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
67615.58 in reply to 67615.56
Date: 1/9/2009 7:03:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Josef,

your not monopolizing the thread, feel free to speak your mind :) I think you are doing a great job with your "what if " machine and your quest for the formula's, and I think maybe those could come in handy for new players if integrated in BB. On the other hand I see a problem with the extra scrimmage: the first thing what came to my mind about how to use it, is to select my next opponents last game... Played with not my best line up, it would be easy to figure out what is needed to win it when it counts (I bet Torooo would use this weeks free scrimmage to check out Drunkers and vice versa). Not only that, but if you would make it a supporter feature, you would give supporters a big advantage over non-supporters in official BB games...

This Post:
67615.60 in reply to 67615.57
Date: 1/9/2009 8:13:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
good point yeah..

it should be possible to like click a button making you "available" for a scrim, maybe with a little box, where you can add a note aswell.

then one can flip the list and see the country, which league the team plays in and maybe average salary or something :)

To: Coco
This Post:
67615.62 in reply to 67615.61
Date: 1/9/2009 5:38:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
An idea that could help with all three could be to have once a season a scrimmage against one of the BB-versions of the NBA teams (as they have been used in the simulations).

Say during the finals week you get to play (in arcade mode) the BB version of the Cleveland Cavaliers or whatever. You choose home or away and their enthusiasm level (this should guarantee that people at very different levels of the BB ladder can play).

That would be really cool! Neat idea. :)

Sadly, I assume that there would need to be extensive licensing fees.

This Post:
67615.63 in reply to 67615.62
Date: 1/9/2009 9:23:03 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
i frankly dont get the distinction between fantasy basketball and a sports simulation... i mean in some sense isn't fantasy basketball a really really lame game engine? where you aren't playing a game like basketball but it is a game, with real life players, that you control.... Maybe fantasy sports need licensing fees too... but I dont see how we would be any worse off on legal ground than a fantasy basketball site.

EDIT: i am not a lawyer... obviously we would probably be sued and thats probably all it comes down to... so i'm not saying buzzerbeater thinks we can do this.

Last edited by BB-Forrest at 1/10/2009 12:12:55 AM

This Post:
67615.64 in reply to 67615.62
Date: 1/9/2009 9:29:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
An idea that could help with all three could be to have once a season a scrimmage against one of the BB-versions of the NBA teams (as they have been used in the simulations).

Say during the finals week you get to play (in arcade mode) the BB version of the Cleveland Cavaliers or whatever. You choose home or away and their enthusiasm level (this should guarantee that people at very different levels of the BB ladder can play).

That would be really cool! Neat idea. :)

Sadly, I assume that there would need to be extensive licensing fees.

i think as much as it would be pleasing in the eyes of people, did anyone remember the skill level they put on chris paul when we were starting the simulation for scores of nba games?

i think by the way i see it the best guards in bb are already way over those skill of chris paul . . . so how can you get it to make buzz even for a long time, because people might lose interest in due time and even fast :D

This Post:
67615.65 in reply to 67615.64
Date: 1/9/2009 9:40:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
just an idea for scouting,

since we are putting money already to scouting, would it also be nice to let us have our hands on who the players we would like to scout.

meaning, you can set already simulated games through which we can see the box score lets say whatever league of college or even high school and from there like a option if we want to scout them or not.

also gives us options like if we want to conduct camps, that in those players we try to scout to be invited pickup games for scrimmages but no training skills is improved unless we sign the bastard.

of course any action done should come with a price, meaning we can sign them to how many scrimmages games without seeing their skills. now if you got a good trainer the more you can see his skills suddenly opening right in front of your eyes.

im just thinking out of the box here,

but suddenly i thought . . .. if people took advantage of this such as only to have enough people for scrimmage?

hmmm

Last edited by Shoei at 1/9/2009 9:42:19 PM

This Post:
67615.66 in reply to 67615.64
Date: 1/9/2009 9:52:58 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
this is easy to change... i mean... i set up some 'norm' for NBA skills... i could probably figure out how to boost them somehow so that NBA players were amongst the best in BB and still compete with each other in a realistic way.

EDIT: I dont mean to say that we will do this, as there are other technical problems.

Last edited by BB-Forrest at 1/10/2009 12:11:20 AM

This Post:
67615.67 in reply to 67615.66
Date: 1/9/2009 10:31:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
then i stand corrected :D at least it wont be a lopsided game anymore hehehe

To: Coco
This Post:
67615.68 in reply to 67615.61
Date: 1/10/2009 12:51:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think as it stands BB has three problems:

1) motivating new teams to stay in the very first weeks

I agree. It´s one thing to get people to try the game, an entirely different matter to get them to stay.

First of we need to understand that not all new players have previous experience from theese kind of games. Many at least of the current batch of top managers had that kind experience and since the basic principles are pretty much the same its not that difficult to get into a new game.

I remember when had my first start with HT i struggled even with the excellent newbie introduction there. If not for a friend of mine who was really into the game i probably wouldnt have got a real understanding of it.

I´m a hardcore soccerfan and in that sport my current game of choice is sokker. They have the exact same problem as BB (in my eyes at least) in not being able to hold on to new players and a lack of proper learning program for newbies.

Apart from that i have another example of a simple thing that should be easier:

I recently (couple of months ago) got a mate of mine to play BB, i was helping him out and told him to check the forums when i noticed that you have to search to find the national forum and the national help forum. (if i remember correctly)
Those really should pop up by default.
The help forum really should be availible through the standings page or something so its easy to spot. To new players its far more important than the division forum as there likely isnt much activity there anyway, at least it is so in my country.

(if this has changed lately please disregard my post)

Advertisement