Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Got to disagree on these 2 since one begets the other:
Though many of these tie into one another
as in spend to earn
as individual stand alone they are as you say but they are not stand alone
that is too simplistic

11. Arena expansion cost. Money thrown down a hole.
3. Attendance revenue. Money created from nothing.

higher player salaries = more wins = higher attendance revenue
add expansion to the above = even higher attendance revenue

Scout players - hire good staff and train = better players
better players = more wins, well you get the idea

This Post:
268635.60 in reply to 268635.19
Date: 4/11/2015 7:57:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It does a lot of good the more you have the more you will spend in team development like arena draft etc etc. which keep the market moving.

Only thing wrong with the market is "lack of tactical talents for each differ tactic". To fix this I have said it 100 times. Have tourneyment for differ tactics. For example 2-3 zone/ Princeton tourney restricted.

How does that help the market . manager will create for that tourney or to be part of these tourney's and create diverse players which lower prices and bring more diverse player to the market which make the market move in another direction. Lowering prices for all players also bring revenue to many manager pockets.

If the game is about training give a reason to train? Inject some fun into the game.

This Post:
268635.61 in reply to 268635.57
Date: 4/11/2015 8:09:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A team in the red (no matter how big the red is) is not pumping money into the BB economy, the one between players. So, the money is outside the BB economy, the one where everyone is accumulating wealth somewhow with those high prices.

Correct, it is too late, the cows have left the barn before the door was closed. The inflation has already happened.

Examples: Team #1 and team #2 both start with $300k and get another $200k in the first few weeks, so each has half a million dollars. Team #1's manager is shrewd, spends his money wisely, and the team prospers. Team #2, not so much. He thinks a couple of all-stars will give him quick success, so he gets a 37-year-old for $300k from Team X and a 39-year-old for $200k from Team Y. He fails, the team goes bankrupt. They already pumped $500k into the economy. Furthermore, you don't take the money back from Team Y and team X when team #2 goes bankrupt, so that money is in the economy to stay . So once they're in the red it doesn't matter, it is too late.

This Post:
268635.62 in reply to 268635.24
Date: 4/11/2015 8:21:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll ask you question how is having 20 million in my account affect bb economy? what negative effect does it have.

The majority players are over price in the market. why should a new manager blow his money on useless player, The Bb economy I not suffering from any lost of money. BB mangers are making more than every before , have you seen the prices of players.

Over inflation of price come the same type of player being made over and over just better. personal bank and bb market are totattly seperate. In no way does our personal money raise any prices on the market. When managers over spend for bad player of the same types it raises the prices.

And that's what we seeing. Saving money doesn't hurt the market. the market is in bad shape, why spend in a bad market , What sense that makes?

If you mass spend in a bad market you make it worse. Its simple economics.

This Post:
268635.63 in reply to 268635.15
Date: 4/11/2015 8:38:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Negative interest rates for hoarders would be a good start. There are plenty of teams around that have millions stored in the bank, there is no punishment for that and thus tanking works like a charm.

Once the money hits the market the real harm is done.

At first I didn't like this idea, but the more I roll it around the more I realize you are onto something. A manager has the right to hoard money, although it hurts his team when the money is idle and isn't working for him. But that money is eventually going to flood back into circulation, adding to inflationary pressure and hurting the game. Some penalty for hoarding cash would be part of a constellation of measures to address the problem constructively.

It isn't easy to figure out many effective ways to restrict the money flowing into the economy or increase the player availability. The idea above would only apply to a small number of cash hoarders. One effective way to limit cash flowing into the game across the board, ie. fairly, would be to lower the TV contracts by 5% or so and taking a couple of seasons to see if it is enough. Lowering the threshold for players going on free agency is the obvious step regarding availability of players. Making training more logical and effective could help on that side, too. Any measures they initiate would take several seasons to have the desired effect, so that's why their denial that there is a problem is so harmful -- all they're doing is delaying improvement and letting matters slide.

This Post:
268635.64 in reply to 268635.63
Date: 4/11/2015 10:07:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hoarding money or saving revenue is not hurting the game. The whole argument is bs. excuse my language, its just a dead market.

Why penalize managers for not spending in a dead market. Why spend good money into bad investment aka shady players with no return in them? The whole arguement from knect is just bs. I'm sorry but it is.

If BB put penalty on money saving many will quit even faster. The BB market is dead and its bb fault not any of ours , so why spend in a bad market.? please answer my question ?. There is no gain by it. the bb market has trillion of dollars in it even if we all spend 5 million each it will not it gain anything. Because the players are made poorly and over priced it too 1 way in player selection.

It best to let the BB market crash, then allow BB marin or BB mark to fix it. Add better player created rules to it or something to push player making and selling in new a direction. For example the run and gun era

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/11/2015 10:11:07 PM

This Post:
268635.65 in reply to 268635.23
Date: 4/11/2015 10:23:32 PM
Kinky Koalas
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Down Under Drop Bears
I don't mind any of it. I just think it's rubbish that a guy whose salary is 200k is cheaper to purchase (sometimes) than a guy whose salary is 20k.

This Post:
268635.66 in reply to 268635.64
Date: 4/12/2015 1:17:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why penalize managers for not spending in a dead market.
Hoarding vs. not spending in a bad market ... two very different things. Nobody needs $20 million, and when that money floods the game it damages it.

It best to let the BB market crash, then allow BB marin or BB mark to fix it.
If the market crashes, I and undoubtedly many others will be long gone before they fix it.

This Post:
268635.67 in reply to 268635.66
Date: 4/12/2015 3:24:02 AM
Kinky Koalas
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Down Under Drop Bears
What about if you're still winning and still making money? Surely then you couldn't be punished for having a large sum of cash stored.

I think it's a bit more filled with grey areas than just being black and white.

This Post:
268635.68 in reply to 268635.64
Date: 4/12/2015 6:57:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hoarding money or saving revenue is not hurting the game. The whole argument is bs. excuse my language, its just a dead market.

Man, if you had a clue about Economics I would Continue the discussion...

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
268635.69 in reply to 268635.68
Date: 4/12/2015 10:06:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
instead of talk smart ,proceed your case? I shut your argument down and you have no reply. Ther fore you come back with smart alic remark.. typical. I don't know bb economic..>? you don't know BB economic well .

The fact is our saving is not connected to the BB market to the player prices. You don't know how the BB market works.. It takes 3-4 season to create a good player because they system forces us to train to start now.. thats why theres no player to meet to demands and also people rushing bad player out 2-3 season of training out the door to get money also over priced because of a lot assume the "could be" and "what if" on the player. People are paying for those "what if" and "could be's"

If you bid on that player the next price will be higher on a slightly better skills for same player only slightly higher skills. Both player's crap, both over priced. Both killing the market rather than them being 23~24 yrs old and on point in skills with the correct prices. Manager are buy the 20-21 yrs old. Why^^ I just explained this above.

In a lot of manager mind they have the "cap mentally "buy him before he's capped. That's flawed thinking in most cases for player on the market. Buying capped saves you money in training also you get a good player for the correct price. paying for potentials when one knows how good the player will be, is a risk and also seen as foolish IMo. They may never get to the expectations with the way 48 min training is working these days. Nothing but high risk, low rewards.. So again don't say I don't know BB economics. You need to sit back ask me about it..

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 4/12/2015 10:11:41 AM

Advertisement