BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > option to hide conference ranking on schedule page? (the red or blue numbers)

option to hide conference ranking on schedule page? (the red or blue numbers)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
125821.6 in reply to 125821.5
Date: 1/11/2010 10:55:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a good suggestion.
I use my wife to get me to the replay part, with me looking the other way:) I think I suggested somewhere to remove the numbers until the last game recap has been looked at. But getting a link to your last game on team overview would be a solution aswell.

This Post:
125821.7 in reply to 125821.5
Date: 1/11/2010 10:57:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not a suggestion. It's a complaint, but I´m forced to write here because my post in the General Forum (126725.1) was somehow disturbing the calm of Christmas time, but of course I understand that the General Forum is meant for more important threads such as "which player has the longest hair" and for VIP chitchating.

You're complaining that this should be changed, and offer a solution for a change?

That is indeed a suggestion.

I'm going to see what we can do to get this suggestion implemented - I can see where this can be an issue.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
125821.8 in reply to 125821.7
Date: 1/11/2010 12:15:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i really hope that will be implemented someday :)

This Post:
125821.10 in reply to 125821.9
Date: 1/11/2010 7:23:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I partially do, and partially don't. First of all, I wouldn't really care if this was a feature anyways. Second, it doesn't spoil my game. I don't see any changes in rankings at all after the game until somewhere in the morning of next day. Maybe I'm not getting the main "feel" of this ad, but I don't really see much point.

It's a major deal to Supporters, and is something worth pursuing.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
125821.12 in reply to 125821.11
Date: 1/11/2010 7:48:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
rankings are updated some 60 to 90 minutes after the game, sometimes a bit more, at least in my experience. I twas a bit faster a year ago when I wasn't a supporter, so having a supporter doesn't speed that up for us.

@all : I support this suggestion. I usually don't watch game replay, but I can see how this can be a problem for other supporters, and I really would like to see this implemented

This Post:
125821.13 in reply to 125821.7
Date: 1/12/2010 8:10:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The best solution for this problem is to remove the rankings on the schedule page. There are other options as a said before, but I can´t see the interest of having rankings on the schedule page when we can easily access them through the standings page. This feature is something that has been added with the new site, and it is cancelling the effect of a Supporter feature:
No Match Spoilers
Have you ever missed watching a game live, only to have the results spoiled by having the outcome displayed on the schedule page? As a Supporter, when you view your schedule, the results of games will be hidden. When you click on a boxscore, then all games up to and including the one you are looking at will now be visible on your schedule page. This way, if you can't watch your game live, you can still click on the replay without knowing the final score. Or, if you do just want the score, go directly to the boxscore and everything will be visible.

Of course, I would have preferred my original post at the General Forum where I posted it for open discussion. I could also have opened an Admin Ticket or a post at the bug forum (as this is probably a non intentional side-effect), but I preferred to let more people support my complaint.
The forum was not crowded, so I don´t understand the urgency to close a post that is not against forum rules. Sometimes we may need some organization in the forums, but sometimes it looks like there is a competition to see who has the fastest finger for pressing the "close thread" button.

And so we are now at the suggestion forum, I would suggest to open a "Global Forum for Irrelevant Posts" (such as oldest player, ugliest player...), so we can have a nicer Global Forum to discuss and debate things that are worth for the whole BB community, instead of these funny but irrelevant threads that currently monopolize the Global Forum.

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
125821.14 in reply to 125821.13
Date: 1/12/2010 9:36:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The best solution for this problem is to remove the rankings on the schedule page. There are other options as a said before, but I can´t see the interest of having rankings on the schedule page when we can easily access them through the standings page.

You're speaking for yourself. I like the numbers on the schedule page myself, and I'd be disappointed if they went away... clearly, a BB thought it was a good idea, too. Of course it was an oversight that it doesn't play nice with the "no match spoilers". As Juice said above, getting this sorted out is "worth pursuing"... hopefully in the form of a user preference to satisfy those who like it and those who don't.

So, I think it's safe to say the problem is understood, and that the issue is in the BBs' queue (via Juice).

This Post:
125821.15 in reply to 125821.13
Date: 1/12/2010 10:10:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course, I would have preferred my original post at the General Forum where I posted it for open discussion. I could also have opened an Admin Ticket or a post at the bug forum (as this is probably a non intentional side-effect), but I preferred to let more people support my complaint.
The forum was not crowded, so I don´t understand the urgency to close a post that is not against forum rules. Sometimes we may need some organization in the forums, but sometimes it looks like there is a competition to see who has the fastest finger for pressing the "close thread" button.

No, it's simply a matter of two things:

#1 That's the way things are organized

#2 If you want someone to see and recognize a good suggestion, the Suggestions forum is the place to be - that's where the BBs will be seeing them much more likely than, say, Global.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
125821.16 in reply to 125821.14
Date: 1/12/2010 11:25:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps I should have said "the easiest solution" or the "fairest solution for Supporters", because these numbers brought a problem that would not exist without them. And this problem affects to those people that are actively supporting the game with their money. That makes a difference in terms of priority. And that's why I employed the term "complaint" instead of "suggestion".

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
Advertisement