Suggestions > Bonus for fifth place

Bonus for fifth place

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
127129.6 in reply to 127129.5
Date: 1/10/2010 7:28:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I originally made my idea thinking that the final placement should reflect what you managed to earn during the season. So, if you got 5th instead of 6th or 8th, you shouldn't get something less than those in lower positions. 5th placers do not train, do not get money. In the end, it is better to be 6th or 7th, and it is not realistic nor rewarding.

I miei podcast musicali e demenziali su: http://www.tanadelcobra.com
This Post:
127129.7 in reply to 127129.5
Date: 1/10/2010 7:37:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
if this gets implememnted then maybe later in the year there will be people who say... " coming top 4 is good so you make the playoffs, and 5th gives you a bonus... but coming 6th really sucks".

Then we may need to do something similar to 6th place.

Just my opinion. wouldnt work.

why that, 6th won't be total crap and is still better then 7th, which is still better then 8th place. In my eyes it should be desireable, to be as good then possible, and not like now i like to be 6th instead of 5th - also some people like the 6th place more then the third or 4th.

This Post:
127129.9 in reply to 127129.2
Date: 1/10/2010 9:09:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am stuck in a conference that is much better at present than the other conference, so this situation prompted this idea:

What if the two 5th place teams played each other in a one game exhibition (for money, splitting the gate, using the tie breaker to determine the home team) and then swapped conferences the next season? I finish 5th, I play the other 5th place team, his record is 11-11, mine is 10-12, he is home team, he gets two thirds of the gate, and he goes from the Big 8 to the Great 8, I go from the Great 8 to the Big 8. Would screw around a bit with rivalries, and that would be a shame, but that sort of happens with new teams arriving anyway.

This Post:
127129.10 in reply to 127129.9
Date: 1/10/2010 10:19:52 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
For the record, team training is still training. Look at the bright side, finishing in 5th is like having an excuse to finally get some bonus free throw training, which, let's face it, it's like flossing. We all know we need to do it since it's good for us and could mean the difference between saving a few teeth or losing them, but it's not the most glamorous thing to do so we put it off and pluck our eyebrows instead. Well, I don't pluck my eyebrows, which may be why I still have awful eyebrows after all this time, but I floss my teeth and that's won a game or two for me in the charisma game. You get my point. 5th place isn't all that bad with training, and the lost income is small enough that it counters the anxiety over having to play a relegation series, since all the heartburn can cost you in Tums money and co-pays to a gastroenterologist.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
127129.11 in reply to 127129.5
Date: 1/10/2010 10:30:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
coming top 4 is good so you make the playoffs, and 5th gives you a bonus... but coming 6th really sucks".

That's the point - it sucks to finish lower than others.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
127129.12 in reply to 127129.10
Date: 1/11/2010 4:42:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
. 5th place isn't all that bad with training, and the lost income is small enough that it counters the anxiety over having to play a relegation series

for most teams the relegations series, is jsut training and income - because with the structure of BB most team can't relegate because they are already in the last league(or the last league is full of bots).

The lost income in my team is around 1 Mio, oh wait the other teams makes a "+" in this time so maybe say it is 1.2-1.5 Mio i lost to the other teams. Maybe this sound just dramatic, because i had high salary but even those 300k are a lot of money in fourth league.

This Post:
127129.13 in reply to 127129.12
Date: 1/13/2010 4:39:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think if we look at the nba, those teams who didnt made the playoffs dont have home games anymore.

in that sense there is no more added incomes for them, through either they get from their existing marketing contracts with companies or the likes.

why cant we view it as, if you really work hard to make your team competitive enough to win then its like a added thing to let you play in the playoffs.

if that is so just to make fair judgement be pass why not make the relegation matches no income at all.

some things are just left like that, you cant do much. as they say the world aint fair at all.

but i would suggest is, why not make scrimmage a way to earn a little bit of income. i mean its still a game imagine like a pre season games? people do attend this kind of games. way to little to say its a real source of revenue but . . . i know if we start this some people will be shouting why not make it bigger

there has got to be a little income and probably the visiting team and the home team would pay a little of the travel expneses to go with it

This Post:
127129.14 in reply to 127129.13
Date: 1/13/2010 9:57:36 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, the NBA also has salary caps. In BB, if the best teams get rewarded with extra income from more games, it's like the rich getter richer and that can translate into buying better players with higher salaries and making it even harder for other teams to catch up to them. If the Lakers make a ton of money by making the playoffs and winning the NBA Finals, the team owners pocket the profits and have an easier time maxing the salary cap (or going over it with contract renewals, etc., within the rules of the NBA). So it's not fair to compare the NBA to BB in this respect.

But it's because we can't compare this issue to the NBA that I also say that BB just has a different system, one that includes promotion and relegation, much more like soccer (football to the non-Americans). That's why I'm not so sure that the system has to do much for the 5th place teams, especially since we all live by the same rules. If a team REALLY hates 5th place, they can try to lose games to get into a relegation series and hope they don't get upset and end up demoting.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
127129.15 in reply to 127129.14
Date: 1/13/2010 10:38:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your point of view, still I believe that finishing 5th is worse only to finishing 8th (ok, you don't risk to be relegated). You lose income and you are forced to train something generic. At least an economic bonus should be granted.

Last edited by MiticoCobra at 1/13/2010 10:39:20 AM

I miei podcast musicali e demenziali su: http://www.tanadelcobra.com
This Post:
127129.16 in reply to 127129.15
Date: 1/13/2010 9:21:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think you should look it this way,

do you believe your team is better than those who got into 1st to 4th place in your division ? if no then let it be a reward to those who deeply invested in their team to be this competitive meaning look at his team overall salary compare to yours.

if not, probably injury? well as i said before life isnt fair. probably you need to invest in a better doctor or probably the other team dont get injuries often even with a bad doctor. but it doesnt have to mean everything should conform to all is fair and good.

your talking about salary cap in the nba, but what does it have to do with your bb complain? the nba has 82 games of which surely there is at least half of ts game are played at home. also dont you think the gate receipts that every home game the nba itself dont get a % out of it?do you think its 100% to the home team?

that is why even with the luxury tax rule how come some teams are willing to go over just to be competitive, because they owe to their fans who is willing to pay big money for game tickets, as well as advertising. do you think the nba itself is the one in charge handling live games to tv networks? NO . . . its the network and the team that works on a contract for tv rights. oh if you look at your financial page you can see you have already a revenue from tv rights.

if you dont believe me try looking here look for "the business of sport" just by google it.

also if you want to be really into money, we are already lucky enough to have our stadium to not have any cost or expenses because in real life or the nba if you want your own stadium usually its the Stadiums are usually built and maintainted by the city council or state department. They only pay to use the stadium.

you should look at it this way, if you believe that playing bb is only getting the best players to be competitive then your wrong, if you think that to win i having 5 guys with salaries over 60k your wrong again. look at my team i dont have a very high salary guy and i only have 1 national player ( actually it was 2 but he got kicked out this season) but look at the history of my team.

give yourself time to understand more the game. and probably youll get the edge in getting consistent always away from the 5th place finish.

lastly, i think the reason why the 5th place doesnt get anything is also a way to encourage you that you really need to compete if you want something good for you and your team. because if they start handing out rewards for this then we can become complacent enough and there is no more meaning to what your doing.

Advertisement