BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
136173.6 in reply to 136173.5
Date: 3/23/2010 5:07:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the look of both your plugs so far. Vasco, one problem i have currently is the lack of English players that you intend to use. I know you are around the forums, but if you dont use local knowledge how do you know how the leagues work etc.

To both of you how often do you intend to keep people in the loop and ask about players. I for one would love someone to help me out and give me advice on who to train, how to train efficiently, and who to offload. Im not a basketball player but a sport lover. I want to develop english players.
How do you intend to help managers like myself train people up? Coach new managers etc?

This Post:
136173.7 in reply to 136173.6
Date: 3/23/2010 5:33:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Vasco, one problem i have currently is the lack of English players that you intend to use. I know you are around the forums, but if you dont use local knowledge how do you know how the leagues work etc.

I don't think this is a problem. I've been here for around 2 seasons and it was enough for me to realize that the problem of much of the teams from lower divisions is that they are always changing owner. They start playing but they soon give up from the game due to the lack of interest. So what we need to do is give them some motivation to keep playing. There are plenty of ways to do this. We can introduce them to the community, teach them the basics of the game and help them training their future best player. This way, we are preventing the teams from going bot, training the players and assuring that there will be more good trainees in the future.
We were thinking of starting some activities here in the forums to keep it active and to guide new players. They are:
-Tutoring System. "Veterans" would volunteer to be someone's tutor
-Some guides and tutorials, like a training guide, or a first steps guide etc.

I forgot to mention it in the speech, but the number of helpers can increase, if I see a need in it. We would give priority to people who have a great prospect and that have enough time for the job.

To both of you how often do you intend to keep people in the loop and ask about players. I for one would love someone to help me out and give me advice on who to train, how to train efficiently, and who to offload. Im not a basketball player but a sport lover. I want to develop english players.
How do you intend to help managers like myself train people up? Coach new managers etc?

We intend to talk to the trainers every week, after the training update. This way, even if the users forget about their players, they will enter in their account and see that bright red (1) next to BB-mail.
How would we help them? We would not limit to their player's training. We could help them in everything they need about their team, or introduce them to the Tutoring System, when it's on.

This Post:
136173.8 in reply to 136173.6
Date: 3/23/2010 7:44:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the look of both your plugs so far. Vasco, one problem i have currently is the lack of English players that you intend to use. I know you are around the forums, but if you dont use local knowledge how do you know how the leagues work etc.

Glad you asked!

The U21 team has prepared an external forum to keep all the info on each player. As stated in my speech, each category (Pg, combo and SG, SF, Pf and C) will have one guy who will be helping out the guy's who train those players. These people were carefully selected, based on the fact that they have experience with training. On this external forum, they will find all the information they need to be able to answer all your questions. The other advantages of this external forum are:

1) I can (and will) limit the visibility for all the members on it (currently only U21 staff). This will also mean that the other staff members won't have the information on the players who don't concern them. Otherwise, they'll only be restricted to the information they need.

2) Each player gets a thread on the forum, in the subcategory that can be viewed by the coach who is responsible for that section (I overview the whole forum, so I’ll be overseeing what they do)

3) It is a place where they can consult each other, such as making training guides, and putting together the best possible training schedule for a prospect... The responsible guys are there to help you when you need it. They have got all the required information to put together the best possible training schedule for your player, and all have experience with training players (that answers your second question).

4) Once the manuals are finished, then they will be posted on the Buzzerbeater forums, so that everyone (including those who don't have a prospect for the U21 team) can view them and train their own players accordingly.

5) There is a chat channel on Skype that can be accessed at any given moment to ask for advice. Currently there are already a few users there. All you need to do is mail your Skype account to me and I’ll ensure that you get added to the channel. You can ask anything from simple tactical advise to training advise and even advise on buying a new player for your team (even if he’s not English). I don't only want to elevate the U21 teams level, but I’d like to elevate the level of each and every team in England, because a higher level means better players and means you need to train them in a more efficient way, which will result in better U21 and NT results.

Mister Q

Please note: Registering to the external forum is not compulsory whatsoever to get an answer from the guys who are responsible for each position. You can simply contact them by BB mail, and they'll answer your questions as soon as possible. However, if you wish to see how your U21 staff members work with each other, or if you want to see how we (and by “we”, I mean my U21 staff and myself) work together, then you are more than welcome to sign up. The link to the forum will be posted on the BB forum very soon. The forum creator is performing the final tests to ensure your info can't leak under any condition. He is expecting to have it ready for use by Friday evening at the latest.

Last edited by Mister Q (Luxembourg U21 Manager) at 3/23/2010 8:01:23 PM