BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Plight of smaller nations...

Plight of smaller nations...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
206866.6 in reply to 206866.5
Date: 1/21/2012 6:46:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I also understand that BBs can get pretty oblivious to the general day-to-day stuff. Only through the involvement of GMs can this even really get through (at least... I *think*).

The BBs read every message in the Suggestions forum. Generally, they do not participate in the discussion, though. No GM input is required to get through.

This Post:
206866.7 in reply to 206866.5
Date: 1/21/2012 7:05:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can look on those conferences like the European "Euroleague", or the NBA.

The identity is also kept at the Euroleague.
At the NBA, almost each team is from a different state in USA, and the identity is not an issue there either.
The identification of a BB-nation can be found at their national-team, which can be kept separated.

Yes, it will make the game harder, because more teams means more competition, but that is the idea on any game.

When the competition is fair, the game is good.

Another profit that can be achieved from this "conference" concept, is a more massive communication between users from different nations.
It is a good thing, especially between nations that are in some conflict with each other.

This Post:
206866.10 in reply to 206866.9
Date: 1/21/2012 8:52:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
At the NBA, almost each team is from a different state in USA, and the identity is not an issue there either.

That is because they are still playing US teams and not like if you put Korea, Japan and Taiwan together that are three different nations.
And does not teams that play in the Euroleague play in their own nation as well?

And still, NY is a all different state than Alaska or California.
The same as Korea and Japan are different states in Asia.

The teams playing in the Euroleague are also playing in their own league, but still when they are playing at the Euroleague, they do not lose any "identity".

I'll repeat, just for you - Having more teams in a conference/BB-nation will make the game harder - more teams, the harder it is. But, it will make the game much more interesting.
Those who are here for an eBay-game, and doing nothing, will leave.
But all those who are here for a challenging BB-game will enjoy this game much more and join-in.

We can also add All-But-One bot teams for them..., this will do the trick for those...

This Post:
206866.11 in reply to 206866.10
Date: 1/21/2012 9:02:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I'll repeat, just for you - Having more teams in a conference/BB-nation will make the game harder - more teams, the harder it is. But, it will make the game much more interesting.
Those who are here for an eBay-game, and doing nothing, will leave.
But all those who are here for a challenging BB-game will enjoy this game much more and join-in.

We can also add All-But-One bot teams for them..., this will do the trick for those...

And I'll repeat: you're not necessarily correct. There are many definitions of "harder", and many different paths to follow. "Bigger" does not necessarily equate to "harder". Definitely not easier - just different.
Still, I'll ask: what experience do you have in playing in the smaller nations such as the ones that you are suggesting amalgamate?

This is incorrect on so many levels.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan

This Post:
206866.12 in reply to 206866.8
Date: 1/21/2012 9:04:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Manually moving teams would have to be done in teh offseason. If they did just Japan for example....that would be unfair. If they go do it for all the 20~60 user nations (not sure how many there are) it would be a lot of teams ,a lot of manual work. And that would slowdown offseason processing. And it might break somewhere as well....

They don7t ahve teh resources to do it manually.

Some kinda fix/solution for the processing is probably in order, but they don7t ahve the resources to that either I would guess.....

The fix is needed but like with so many other things it wont happen most likely.

I think you're right...
1. It is a problem that is unlikely to be fixed. Lots of other stuff that needs attention that's generally still an issue.
2. They don't have the resources to do what's necessary for many of the issues found in the game.
3. The reality is that 20-60 user nations simply aren't a priority for those that run the game.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
206866.14 in reply to 206866.11
Date: 1/21/2012 10:11:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And I'll repeat: you're not necessarily correct. There are many definitions of "harder", and many different paths to follow. "Bigger" does not necessarily equate to "harder". Definitely not easier - just different.
Still, I'll ask: what experience do you have in playing in the smaller nations such as the ones that you are suggesting amalgamate?
This game is not intended to be "Spider-Solitaire" or that sort of single user (or two).
This game challenge is by playing against a full load of users.

This is incorrect on so many levels.
And so had been East-Germany and West-Germany, and Czech and Poland (those last had been both part of USSR).

Last edited by Pini פיני at 1/21/2012 10:12:49 AM

This Post:
206866.15 in reply to 206866.12
Date: 1/21/2012 10:18:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The reality is that 20-60 user nations simply aren't a priority for those that run the game.

Business-wise, this is not the right way to do it, so I guess this is not what they are looking at.
A BB-nation that is small, but can grow a lot (due to the country they are representing), is something to look at with great care.

USA is not that huge BB-nation, but it is huge nation, and huge business for them.
Much more than Spain or France (for examples), which are very big BB-nations, but are representing rather small country.

Advertisement