Suggestions > out right buy

out right buy

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
217836.6 in reply to 217836.3
Date: 5/18/2012 12:49:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The answer is to bid what you think the guy is worth rather than the minimum.

This Post:
217836.7 in reply to 217836.6
Date: 5/18/2012 1:53:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bid 43k on a guy who goes for "10-40k" the guy outbid me and spent 70K 34-35 year old guy too...

aside from that., the bidding system rewards highschoolers/college kids who don't have jobs, wives, kids, resposnisiblities etc. to take them away from the computer.

I like the out right buy idea. I'm sure there's some formula based on their skills, salary, potential, age, etc. to determine a fair for the seller and buyer alike, "buy him now" price. Like eBay has. Obviously if no one does the buy-him now, they just keep bidding, I like the limit to 1 player a season for it as well... otherwise I could just snag 3 guys for a u21 training process if I had the money, and that's not fair.

There's still the luck element of being on, and finding the player to out-right buy.

I don't like it for staff though.... I feel like there are enough staff, that you can play the waiting game there.

This Post:
217836.8 in reply to 217836.6
Date: 5/18/2012 2:19:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
what about the cheat thing.. It says you cant bid so much money on the guy it like a illegal deal.. I was going to do that till i saw the red disclaimer..I didnt know the manager but ididnt want to be explaining that to a mod or taking the risk.. I knew they dnt want hear it.LOL

I know i a hve to suck it up, but i stayed up all night for the kid and i made room for the kid earlier in the day ..almost like getting a andrew luck but , Im out of luck. Im devistated this is 15 time this has happened..

There need to be a better way alittle more options..Bidding is good all but it shouldnt be who can get on at the last minute to buy every single time with all these time zones..

I got a10hrs bidding war for my current sg a few season ago it went from 3k-250K final cost for about 10 hrs...I hated it ,, It just builds anger. It almost like i can nver win i have 2 goodplayer im trying to build, its just hard , I need a few trainees becuase my players geting old and the exp is not there for their ages.. Im not 100% young but my draft picks are not all lthat great. Im selling them or firing.

Im just upset about losing 3 good players in one day,

This Post:
217836.11 in reply to 217836.10
Date: 5/18/2012 6:27:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As always this game is aobut being someone constantly next to a computer. If you ahve a RL and don7t live next to a computer...this game sucks.

I disagree. There is no need to sit around the comp all the time. A stable team buys about 1-2 players a season. If you are playing the market or trying to daytrade, you should be near the computer constantly. But this is not what this game is about.
You can save 3 searches (big men, sf, backcourt) and run them every 2-3 days. Usually you lack the money to buy most of them. If you find a player you really like it's not extreamly hard to make sure you can be online at that time. You will miss some of those set "events" with RL issues or ingame funds, but eventually if you are patient, you will get your desired players. If you have spent your leftover money on players or arena. There is no point to check the TL constantly. Unless you want to see which players sell at what price or mourne about the players you could have bought:)
Building a team is not a sprint, emotions will make you buy limited players, keeping a cool head on the TL is the key.

Last edited by Kukoc at 5/18/2012 2:28:06 PM

This Post:
217836.16 in reply to 217836.9
Date: 5/18/2012 1:18:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was new at the time..1 season or so it was tthe last day of selling Im learning also i dont know how much a player is worth just by looking at him. No one ever taught me that. i really taught my self a or tried and learned by copying other teams.I know very little in Bb.I read the help guide and all but its not it going to happen in one day .

BUt thank your for the advice

Advertisement