Help - English > Training

Training

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
22162.6 in reply to 22162.5
Date: 4/1/2008 3:02:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol I am sorry my question caused conflict about the answer :)
so I can get full training right? I got confused with the conflicting answers.

This Post:
22162.7 in reply to 22162.6
Date: 4/1/2008 4:08:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes u get full training if u train 2 positions,and play the 2 players on training positions but different position.hope u understand what i wanted to say

Good things come to those, who have patience
This Post:
22162.8 in reply to 22162.5
Date: 4/1/2008 4:10:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
didn't read to careful the sentence,sorry

Good things come to those, who have patience

This Post:
22162.9 in reply to 22162.1
Date: 4/1/2008 4:51:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you are training PF/C the player gets credit for all his minutes at either position.

A player also gets credit for all minutes when determining whether he maintains his game shape or not. So let's say that you were training PF/C and had a player who had 36 minutes at PF and 14 at SF. He would get skill training based on his 36 minutes at PF - but his game shape would be based on all 50 minutes.

Stamina does not depend on playing in games. It used to, but that has been changed. All players will gradually lose stamina, but it appears that maybe one week of stamina training a season will maintain it once players get to a reasonable level.

You can either concentrate on a single position, or perhaps PG/SG or PF/C. If you train 2 positions, you can usually train 5 players per week. You might use a SF as a 5th or 6th trainee rather than having a 3rd string PF/C. And if you were training JS, you could train PF/SF and leave the C out of training that week, or maybe use your best C as the PF in the scrimmage.

Players don't get any training based on positions other than the positions you train that week. Some skills can be trained for all positions. More players get training, but each player gets less training.

Rotation training probably refers to training different skills, so you might train IS one week, ID the next, rebounding the 3rd, etc. You want players to have well rounded skills. You really don't have to do a pure rotation, but you should get a player trained in all his important skills.

You should have at least a couple of young players who can benefit from training at each position that you train. In your case, I would make a decision on training the 18 YO C or the 19 YO PG, and getting another young player to train along side him; otherwise you could be wasting a lot of your potential training.

This Post:
22162.10 in reply to 22162.9
Date: 4/1/2008 5:57:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just started playing and am wondering what I should train.

I have stamina training ATM. What kind of stamina level is considered sufficient?

Thanks!

This Post:
22162.11 in reply to 22162.10
Date: 4/1/2008 6:02:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You have a lot of big men who can be trainees. I would suggest training the C/PF positions. The usual rotation for those positions is 2 weeks of IS, ID, RB, and SB each. So you would do inside shot for two weeks and then move onto inside defense for two weeks.

A good level of stamina I suppose would be "respectable" if you're just starting out. But I have a good number of players that are worse than that.

This Post:
22162.12 in reply to 22162.11
Date: 4/1/2008 6:18:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the quick answer! Since there are 3 games per week how many trainees should I have if I decide to train PF/C? If one needs to play 48 minutes to get whole training effect 6 is maximum, right? Thank you!

This Post:
22162.13 in reply to 22162.12
Date: 4/1/2008 6:23:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you're math would be correct on that one. 6 trainees is the most a C/PF trainer can take on. Usually, starting out that would be a bit too much. 4 is a good amount to start out with. Then once those players get better it will become easier to rotate other trainees in. Keep in mind that it isn't important that you win scrimmages. That is where your worst players who need training get their minutes.

This Post:
22162.14 in reply to 22162.10
Date: 4/1/2008 7:01:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Stamina is hard since you probably have wide variation in stamina, so you may have to decide whether to not do skill training in order that a few players with low stamina catch up, while it may be wasted on other players.

It is sometimes hard to get enough minutes for training players who have low stamina, because the coach will keep taking them out of games. And it may hurt your overall performance, since starters who have lower stamina may play worse, or be subbed by players who aren't as good. There are a couple of weeks per season where there are only two games, so these might be better for stamina training. Also at the start of the season there are cup games, so you might want to use your best players more (to win) and won't be able to get training minutes for a lot of players.

You can always change your training up until the update on Friday, so if your minutes aren't working out - and they won't always - you can switch that week.

Starting out, I'd want everyone up to at least inept stamina, and then gauge whether some of your starters could use some more - and then do stamina training from time to time.

This Post:
22162.15 in reply to 22162.12
Date: 4/1/2008 7:12:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With 3 games per week, the maximum is 6 players (if you are training PF/C). But that requires perfect distribution. You have two league games per week. If your best PF and C are only playing 48 minutes it could end up losing more league games. If a player ends up short of 48 minutes, he doesn't get full training. It really isn't known how much the penalty is, but it likely to be be greater than proportional. So a player who plays 40 minutes will likely get less than 40/48 of the full amount of training. You probably don't want your best prospects to end up short.

It is pretty easy to train 4 players, with backups that won't embarass you in league games. But you might decide it is too high of a salary for a 3rd string C who only plays in scrimmages. So if you are training PF/C you might use younger SF or SG as the 5th and 6th trainee, letting them get any leftover minutes. You could switch based on the skill. Everybody can use rebounding, IS and ID will be more beneficial to forwards.

This Post:
22162.16 in reply to 22162.15
Date: 4/1/2008 9:49:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you all for the inputs.

How about game shape? It says in the rules that if the players play too much, it will drop. However, what is the max. that I can play a player in total minutes but not get that penalty? Moreover, does too much playing also affect stamina?

Btw, it is really hard for me to afford trainees right now. I guess my 18 yr old C is better. I have some good C/PF players aged around 24. Are they too old to train? Of course at this moment I am training them but should I stick with them or use my 300K cash to buy younger ones. I am trying to sell some players so we will see.

Advertisement