Show messages by

To: aber
This Post:
289041.6 in reply to 289041.1
Date: 9/8/2017 5:42:44 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Why not make it really simple. Every player that gets 48 or more minutes of playing time per week can be trained in any skill the manager chooses. There is no reason why only 3 or 6 players should receive training each week. That doesn't happen on an actual team and it shouldn't happen here.

To: aber
This Post:
289041.8 in reply to 289041.7
Date: 9/8/2017 10:40:55 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I get what you're saying but, honestly, the transfer list is so bad that small steps on improving training won't be enough. They need to make big step forward to see a marked improvement.

This Post:
289041.11 in reply to 289041.10
Date: 9/9/2017 10:55:54 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
That is not what I said and you very well know it.

Allowing any player who gets at least 48 minutes of playing time each week to get trained in any skill a manager wants would only lead to:

1) more players reaching their skill caps
2) players being trained in a variety of different builds
3) deeper rosters and, ultimately, a deeper transfer list
4) allow new owners to be more competitive quicker, which would help keep them active instead of quitting after a couple weeks.

No one is suggesting the over the top example you used in your reply.

This Post:
289041.15 in reply to 289041.11
Date: 9/10/2017 11:00:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is not what I said and you very well know it.

Allowing any player who gets at least 48 minutes of playing time each week to get trained in any skill a manager wants would only lead to:

1) more players reaching their skill caps
2) players being trained in a variety of different builds
3) deeper rosters and, ultimately, a deeper transfer list
4) allow new owners to be more competitive quicker, which would help keep them active instead of quitting after a couple weeks.

No one is suggesting the over the top example you used in your reply.

New owners would not be more competitive quicker.

If everyone is getting the training, the people getting more competitive the quickest, are those that can afford the best trainers, and have more higher potential players, the quickest. which are NOT new managers.

edit:
It's not like new managers start with a team of 18 people from Allstar pot-HOF that are all 18-21

most of new teams are garbage, so they have to buy trainable/decent players.

But, I imagine with this in effect, there will not be as many abundances of players that fit into that age range and potential range as there used to be.

so now, player availability, as well as money for bid wars becomes something to factor in. Also, purchasing trainers.

Last edited by RandyMoss at 9/10/2017 11:04:54 AM

This Post:
289041.16 in reply to 289041.1
Date: 9/10/2017 1:35:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Example: I got three players to train.

I decide to train OD for player A, ID for player B and PA for player C. I give them 48 minutes in the week no matter the position they play and they get the 100% training I declared for them. I could do the same for double training position if I choose those like JS or DR od RB. All I got to do is:
-decide the training
-decide the players (maximum 3 or 6 per week, depending on the kind of training)
-give them at least 48 minutes on the court.

This way I could even train small or big men in different skills the same week and build a complete roster myself, besides create more players for the market, even if we leave the same training speed as it is.
I know it could be a lot of work to implement, but what are they hiring a developer for?

I like this proposal.

Advertisement